Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Past & Future Legendaries (Click if you know Lore!)

1. Sulfuras was (And still is) Ragnaros' hammer.
    2. Thunderfury basically holds the essence of Thunderaan.
    3. Atiesh was a staff forged by/for _______ and possessed/used by the Guardian of Tirisfal.
    4. The Warglaives of Azzinoth belonged to a Doomguard Commander of the Burning Legion (Guess his name).
    5. Some say that Thori'Dal belonged to someone who fought in the War of the Ancients, or that it belongs to Alleria Windrunner. Also, Halduron Brightwing is a NPC who recently found it in his hand.
    6. Val'Anyr was a gift from the Titans to the first Earthern King so he could make some life.
    7. Shadowmourne was a weapon conceived in the mind of Darion Morgraine as a tool to use against The Lich King and Frostmourne.
    I haven't read the quests for Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest, so I don't know the origin story behind that weapon.
    Nearly all of these weapons have a story behind them, an origin that gives them context and status.

Now, Throw balance, class restriction & implementation out the window for a second.

Are there any other weapons in the Warcraft universe that have the potential to become legendary weapons, possessed by a select few?
    Are there weapons that the Twilight Hammer have forged into beacons of death? What about the Naga, they have to have some kind of epic trident, right? Perhaps in the sands (lore) of Uldum there is an ancient blade, lost under the weight of history and time...

I suppose a better question would be is there any lore at all that comments om powerful weapons we haven't seen in-game.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Neptulon's Trident? Abyssal maw? Dunno just throwing it out there. Agi classes are due

Well the legendary staff what what i gather is going to be like a prison for the blue dragon its named after.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 08:56 PM ----------

ALSO! I think that we are going to get thralls hammer as a legendary in this expansion, Doomhammer.

Gorshalach!

Sword of Sargeras before his corruption. It was split into 2 parts, he now wields only a re-forged half. I can see the quest now... Must gather the two halves and reforge the blade. I think Sargeras' successor possesses the other half, so I guess obtaining that would either be really interesting, or really boring (e.i. He gives it to you.)

http://www.wowpedia.org/Gorshalach

"If both fragments are ever possessed by a non-evil being, they can be combined to reform Gorshalach."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I started playing the game when I was 11 during BC. I actually discovered jacking off and came for the first time during a Gruul's Lair raid with my guild!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elgato View Post
    Well the legendary staff what what i gather is going to be like a prison for the blue dragon its named after.
    That makes sense. Overthrowing Tarecgosa and imprisoning her, and using her power for your own gains. So that's very much a "Current-Lore" weapon, then.

ALSO! I think that we are going to get thralls hammer as a legendary in this expansion, Doomhammer.
    2H Shamans once agai-
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Neptulon's Trident? Abyssal maw? Dunno just throwing it out there. Agi classes are due
    Nice job not reading there.

Oh, and inb4 Ashbringer

Anyhoo, as for actual weapons already known of in the lore that we haven't seen in-game, nothing springs to mind really. There's definitely an opening for something empowered by all these demigods we're bringing back into the mix, but I'm drawing a blank on already known items.

Edit: There is Sargeras' sword, yes, but the corruption one could find in Sargeras' half of it now would make frostmourne look like it's made of unicorns and happiness by comparison. There's just no way for that to make its way to players.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    That makes sense. Overthrowing Tarecgosa and imprisoning her, and using her power for your own gains. So that's very much a "Current-Lore" weapon, then.

2H Shamans once agai-
    You don't overthrow her, you're helping eachother and she gets assaulted and when she is on the verge of death you contain her essence inside the staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, what about Eonar's staff, Seschenal? It sounds like a living weapon that charges other things with life-essence.

Seschenal is the staff wielded by the titan Eonar. This staff resembles a gigantic shepherd's crook. It is pure alabaster, shot through with thin red veins that resemble blood vessels — indeed, the lines pulse as if possessed of some magical heartbeat. The staff’s touch restores hope to the despairing, energy to the weary and life to the dead.

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 12:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DismalNether View Post
    You don't overthrow her, you're helping eachother and she gets assaulted and when she is on the verge of death you contain her essence inside the staff.
    Oh. Well, that also sounds good.

Like I said, I haven't read the quests at all.
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a legendary gun called "Bazooka"

10+ Year Old Account
    The most powerful weapon the Twilight's Hammer created was the Hammer of Twilight (fnarf fnarf) that is wielded by Cho'Gall. They haven't made anything nastier (yet). I'm betting Neptulon's trident winds up in the hands of Azshara by the time the Cataclysm expansion ends.

There's the Ashbringer, which we may get our hands on one day. The remains of Frostmourne have been confiscated by the Argent Crusade, but there's potential for them to become something dangerous down the road. The elven blades like Quel'serrar and Quel'delar may have a legendary counterpart out there somewhere. Maybe Therazane is holding onto a legendary something - the elemental lords tend to have them. Varian Wyrnn's blades, Sylvanas' bow... could be something there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tarecgosa's Wrath isn't a prison for her, its a vessel (differences? :P).

What happens with the staff is, its a sprig of the World Tree that was stolen by the Fire Druids. They wanted to imbue it with the purest fire of the Firelands and use it as some sort of voodoo doll but for a tree, burning the spirg and causing the corruption of the World Tree.
    You rescue the sprig and use it as a staff, this is its first phase. The staff at this point is merely a branch infused with pure fire.

Later, and without spoiling too much (although you can easily go READ this stuff in the archieves of this site) you befriend a dragon, Tarecgosa, who eventually is nearly killed by Twilight's Hammar. In order to save her, you become her vessel using the staff.
    Shes forever joined to the staff, but her impressive power becomes yours as well.

Upon completeing the staff, you will have helped the blue Dragon Flight over come a few trials and objectives, including outing Malygos' son as an agent of Deathwing (He wanted to become the new aspect and made a deal with Deathwing in which, should he become the new aspect and throw himself at Deathwing's mercy, Deathwing would grant Malygos' son sanctuary when Deathwing "remakes" the world in his master's image), and helping Kalecgos rise to power as the new blue aspect.

Not Quite, Though for any potential readers I guess I should warn of spoilers in post.......

Mmk, Dragonwrath isn't so much a prison as a vessel for Tarecgosa, If you read through the questlines and such as you collect it, her life essence is moved from your body into the stave and she decides to reside within it and serve as a weapon for the hero who has done so much toward saving the world and doing a huge service to the Blue Dragonflight.

As for the next potential legendary, who knows... These last 2 have never had a past storyline inside the Warcraft universe and have been formulated within current content storyline of the MMO, Doomhammer probably won't leave Thralls side even with his move to becoming a Guardian...

Talk in the latest ATD mentions a possible one for 4.3 with a more narrow class list of users.. If you wanna read further into the answer they gave, it would seem it's not going to be aimed at tanks either.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Seschenal seems like it would be a cool lore legendary for Sargeras/burning legion expo in the future seeing as she disliked Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Tarecgosa's Wrath isn't a prison for her, its a vessel (differences? :P).

What happens with the staff is, its a sprig of the World Tree that was stolen by the Fire Druids. They wanted to imbue it with the purest fire of the Firelands and use it as some sort of voodoo doll but for a tree, burning the spirg and causing the corruption of the World Tree.
    You rescue the sprig and use it as a staff, this is its first phase. The staff at this point is merely a branch infused with pure fire.

Later, and without spoiling too much (although you can easily go READ this stuff in the archieves of this site) you befriend a dragon, Tarecgosa, who eventually is nearly killed by Twilight's Hammar. In order to save her, you become her vessel using the staff.
    Shes forever joined to the staff, but her impressive power becomes yours as well.

Upon completeing the staff, you will have helped the blue Dragon Flight over come a few trials and objectives, including outing Malygos' son as an agent of Deathwing (He wanted to become the new aspect and made a deal with Deathwing in which, should he become the new aspect and throw himself at Deathwing's mercy, Deathwing would grant Malygos' son sanctuary when Deathwing "remakes" the world in his master's image), and helping Kalecgos rise to power as the new blue aspect.
    Wow, that was very straight forward, exactly what I look for when I ask for summaries (Even though I didn't ask).

Thanks for shedding some light on that!

So then, I'm assuming Kalecgos now represents the Blue Dragonflight. Also, the whole Deathwing pact thing brings up more thoughts...what if he's been keeping contact with multiple dragons within other flights, or forgotten entities that have laid dormant for years and were willing to "fight for the cause"?
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Sathanis View Post
    Gorshalach!

Sword of Sargeras before his corruption. It was split into 2 parts, he now wields only a re-forged half. I can see the quest now... Must gather the two halves and reforge the blade. I think Sargeras' successor possesses the other half, so I guess obtaining that would either be really interesting, or really boring (e.i. He gives it to you.)

"If both fragments are ever possessed by a non-evil being, they can be combined to reform Gorshalach."
    I'll be VERY sad if that becomes a weapon. It's literally too powerful (and huge) to be a weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll cut off the end of Deathwings tail, melt it down, and turn it into a smaller version of itself.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klawz View Post
    Talk in the latest ATD mentions a possible one for 4.3 with a more narrow class list of users.. If you wanna read further into the answer they gave, it would seem it's not going to be aimed at tanks either.
    Okay, so let's assume it's a weapon target at Agility-users. Are there any weapons that hold significance to Druids, Rogues, Shamans or Hunters that aren't already in the game?

I want to know if the legendary weapons we'll see in the future will just be "Oh, well, this weapon just appeared. Here's some story." compared to "This weapon has seen countless battles in the hands of ______, a powerful ________ who did __________". Remember, in Warcraft __ or in that one book ______ when Insert sensible lore here?"
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Klawz View Post
    Mmk, Dragonwrath isn't so much a prison as a vessel for Tarecgosa, If you read through the questlines and such as you collect it, her life essence is moved from your body into the stave and she decides to reside within it and serve as a weapon for the hero who has done so much toward saving the world and doing a huge service to the Blue Dragonflight.
    Sad, then next expansion you throw her in your bank and only pull it out to show off/RP with.

I didn't know half the stories behind these Legendary's and I thank you for the info, it was very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Pet Control View Post
    I'll be VERY sad if that becomes a weapon. It's literally too powerful (and huge) to be a weapon.
    Yes, but it does have potential story openings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I started playing the game when I was 11 during BC. I actually discovered jacking off and came for the first time during a Gruul's Lair raid with my guild!

Quote Originally Posted by Sathanis View Post
    Gorshalach!

That is likely in the same category as Ashbringer or even Frostmourne. Too much power for players to have.
    Opulence. I has it.