Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should I start a Mage from scratch?

Hey I'm debating on whether or not I should start a Mage from level 1 or resume leveling my 71 Mage. I dunno I feel more comfortable starting fresh then resuming where I left off. You guys will probably think I'm crazy lol.

Yes.... yes I do think you are crazy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

if u didn't try the new 1-60 leveling, i highly recommend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't a bad idea at all, I get what you're saying. Just to have a better feel for things, and not be all lost and confused over how things have changed since the last time you played your mage. Do it! With all the perks and stuff, you'll have another 71 mage in no time at all.

Deleted
    You should start another mage from level 1. Just choose maybe another race and other zones, quests. It will be easier for you to remember how to play the mage and also.. Mage is very fun to level.
    I can't stand leveling some character I haven't played in a long time. I must make a new one..

This ^

It is way more fun. And this time you DO have a choice between doing only dungeons and mixing it up a little.

EDIT : was referring to Linzo's post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    if u didn't try the new 1-60 leveling, i highly recommend it.
    Plus yeah, the new questing is just great. And you get Arcane Missiles at like lvl 7 or something, and the water elemental way earlier than what it used to be. You'll die way less to murlocs that I did while leveling my mage (or when you were leveling your old one).

lol i had 2 mages.
    both 80. I had the same feeling. so i just did. Do whatever you like. Its your game.

Deleted
    I suggest rerolling but another class.

Mages are in terrible position now, they've been OP for first few weeks of Cata, and ever since you see tons of qq about them.
    Not to mention that tons of guides have been written on how to counter them since Cata, so everyone knows your weaknesses now. And once 4.2 arrives with additional nerfs to mages, it'll be like doom day.

Just sayin'.

I rolled a second mage so that I could level in fire the second time. I don't think its that strange.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have the same problem. I want to start a new toon, but my realm is full (got 10 toons).
    One of em is a lvl 75 warlock, just feels too bad to delete a lvl 70+ toon

If you start from scratch you will be able to get a way better feel for your utility spells, for your damage rotation it won't matter much because that changes drastically anyways and is not that hard to re-learn.
    So, it depends.

Deleted
    since CATA hit the realms I lvled 5 alts other than my main warlock one of them was a mage

the new content is fun to lvl in

But, if ur mage is undead then why not continue ?
    if you do want another race then maybe u can lvl a new one

I am just saying undead coz they look the coolest wearing any cloth gear

I rolled a Worgen Mage. Most fun I've had since my Gnome Demolock. I've basically ditched my DK and Hunter.

I wouldnt. I lvl mostly through pvp and low lvl pvp SUCKS BALLS unless you are a hunter 1 shotting everything. You will never get a cast off and die in a second from huntards. At around lvl 70 things start getting slightly balanced and I actually think the 70-75 bracket is some of the most fun Ive had pvping in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a 64 troll mage once, I deleted it and rerolled an undead mage from scratch, he's now 85 and now my new main.

So yeah, go ahead and start over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post

Mages are in terrible position now, they've been OP for first few weeks of Cata, and ever since you see tons of qq about them.
    Not to mention that tons of guides have been written on how to counter them since Cata, so everyone knows your weaknesses now. And once 4.2 arrives with additional nerfs to mages, it'll be like doom day.

Just sayin'.
    I don't understand what this guy is saying. The only mage nerfs coming in 4.2 is a 5% dmg reduction to AB, and doubling the mana cost of Spell Steal. Mages will continue to be OP. Roll a new one!
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

The new level 1-60 content is very good and if you want to get comfortable with changes, new spells and key bindings before you reach level 85 it might be a good idea to try it out.
    Last edited by Igloo; 2011-06-07 at 06:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post

Just sayin'.
    You may be "Just sayin'" something, but that doesn't mean you're right.

We are easily in good hands the most powerful casters in the game. I'm just saying.

Where you got "terrible position" from I don't know, I can only guess mages in a "terrible position" must have a "terrible person" playing them. I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi View Post
    You guys will probably think I'm crazy lol.
    I know that feel bro. I know that feel.