Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy Paladin Professions

I'm currently a Jewelcrafter and a Engineer, but with 4.2 coming and little being added to Engineering I am considering swapping it for Blacksmithing. The main reason I've been thinking of switching is for the crafted items that are being released in 4.2. I have a boat load of Chaos Orbs saved up and if I could put them to good use instead of paying for another's I would be happy. Basically, I just wanted to get some opinions.

Hmm depend, I personaly have JC/ALCH on my Holy pala and also i am very happy with that flasks are 2 hrs, for arena i can use flask +80 intellect, trinket etc etc.. If you dont like to farm dont pick up BS.
    Loved by Few, Hated by Many, Respected by All

Deleted
    Jc/ench works wonders,.both rings enchented 40int and three 67int gems,

---and for your offspecs ret/prot,.hey look!!,
    ...also enchented rings and amazing 3 gems.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    JC/BS all the way...

If stamina was a good thing to go for in Prot, then Enchanting would be good. But since it isn't, go JC/BS.

Also, best professions also rely on level of gear. Alchy stone won't be good if you have Fall of Mortality and Shard of Woe.
    If you just ding 85, then Alchy would be really good for you.

Also if it ends up that Haste at a certain point becomes better than int (don't know if ever), then JC/BS will reign supreme.
    [P] [85:Manintty-Sha]: like your pretty much a tank god

I used to be good at this game
    Washed up Top 20 US player

10+ Year Old Account
    The enchant on gloves for enginnering that grants +450 int or so every minute is pretty a-okey. Plus you have all the nifty little tools and gadgets. I'd never drop engineering.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    The enchant from engineering 480 int which roughly equals 80 passive int. Regardless of the profession you get 80 extra int (jc is 81), but the reason I was looking to switch was to save myself some gold by having to pay for Chaos Orbs and also to make some gold crafting items for players

15+ Year Old Account
    Engineering/JC is fine.

The crafted stuff is nice, sure, but the bonuses from Engineering/JC are some of the best.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    JC/Alch. Jewelcraft speaks for itself. Alch: Not only do you get a good healing trinket (Int + haste + more manaregen from pots, yum yum) but also a very good tanking trinket and dps trinket. The extra time on your flask buffs is also a nice perk. Besides all those pro's you get the change to make good money with pots, flasks, gems and truegold.

BS is hard to level and gives you less than Alch imo. Ive dropped mine for Alch.

Engineering/JC is fine.
    Professions don't matter that much, it is usually give or take 1 int (with JC) except maybe Alch's trinket being 3rd BIS.
    /agree with Simca.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Leather-working - Draconic Embossment - Intellect
    Net Gain: +130 Int, -1 Wrist Enchant

Jewel-crafting - Brilliant Chimera's Eye x3
    Net Gain: +81 Int with current gems

Alchemy - Mixology
    Net Gain: +80 Int

Blacksmithing - Socket Gloves/Bracers
    Net Gain: +80 Int with current gems

Enchanting - Enchant Ring - Intellect

Inscription - Felfire Inscription

I have JC and Alchemy. Alchemy is a really good profession in my opinion. Good trinkets, 4 hours flask use, 80 intellect more from flask. But if you really want to min/max leatherworking is uperior intellect wise.

leatherworking is not superior its on par with alchy,BS,enchanting and inscription 130int - wrist enchant of 50int = 80 int

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm engi + alchemy, and i love my professions.

Quote Originally Posted by gefta992 View Post
    leatherworking is not superior its on par with alchy,BS,enchanting and inscription 130int - wrist enchant of 50int = 80 int
    Ye forgot about the new enchant.

Ive been with bs/jc since wrath and I am very happy with it
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    Ive been with bs/jc since wrath and I am very happy with it
    Do you use an alt for mining? I'm Mining / Blacksmithing and want to drop Mining for Jewelcrafting.
    Last edited by Mylaa; 2011-06-12 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Mylaa View Post
    Do you use an alt for mining? I'm Mining / Blacksmithing and want to drop Mining for Jewelcrafting.
    Yes i do use an alt for mining, though at this time he is on a different server. I just buy the ore or bars I need.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

For crying out loud. They are all the same. You get a little bit of glam with Alch in that you get lengthened Flask times (stacks with guild bonuses btw - this means a guild flask lasts 4 hours at max level). You get some "bonus" out of some of the alternate Engineering possibilities (I think it's all worthless though some people will argue otherwise). When epic gems hit, BS will gain power (but it's entirely likely that they will modify the other professions to compensate).

Crafted BS items are not intended to be BiS. Further they will probably be a bitch to create at the beginning (specifically because of the required Living Ember - note that you need 25 of them for the caster legendary, so expect high prices and low availability for a long time as the progression guilds that will see them the most funnel them to their legendaries), meaning that it's entirely possible that you'll find something just as good or better in the time it takes prices to normalize.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2011-06-12 at 11:55 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I am Jc/Bs myself, it's great for people who are more than just holy, you can use any of the three specs in combination with these, Str for ret, mastery for prot, int for holy. The two most versatile professions for the class with three distinct specs.
    As far as engineering goes, you can control when you use the proc but I personally feel better with 80 static int (less hassle, honestly.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see Firecrest is still around, I havent been on these forums for awhile.
    Back on topic: I chose to switch Eng to BS to help myself with crafting items and to make more gold than with Eng. My alt is a miner and used him to support JC and Eng in the past, so switching to BS wasn't too difficult.

Alchemy/Enchanting
    Will ALWAYS use both on daily basis for even just myself, great for having in your raid group, makes alot of money!