Thread: Minecraft SMP

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Minecraft SMP

Hello everyone,

Let me introduce myself. I am Dustin (Naturehoof on WoW)
    I play minecraft for 1 year now, pretty amazing. I should definetly try it out if you haven't. You can buy it for 15 euros at www.minecraft.net
    Anyway,
    I am looking for a server to play minecraft with my fellow WoW players. I'm searching for 6-8 players.
    What I need in my team:
    Someone who can keep a server up (I am not that technical : >)
    People who love to build
    People who love to mine and collect resources.
    People who are good and handy with traps and redstone.

This will be a SMP Vanilla WoW server, which means:

Only people from WoW can join.
    No cheats.
    No warps.
    No teleporting.
    No giving (with codes, trading and such is ofcourse allowed)

So please place:
    IGN:

Why would you want to join:

Will you grief and what is your perspective on this:

What can you do for us: For example, I love mining and I love gathering resources, so I can get resources for builders etc. Another example: I can keep up a decent server!.

Thanks,

Deleted
    I should definetly try it out if you haven't
    lol

anyway minecraft is indeed very awesome, alot of people are like "OMG THE GRAPHICS SUCK" but in my opinion those people shouldn't even be allowed to play i recently made a tower city of 50+ high towers and another 200 + smaller ones all with connected sewer systems and a central node + levers to show that the house is occupied. although that was all in single player :|

IGN: Fietstasfabriek
    Why would you want to join: to have fun building nice looking big buildings
    Will you grief and what is your perspective on this: griefing sucks and anyone who does it should be banned
    What can you do for us: gather resources and build buildings, i'd rather do both while sharing a resource pool (sometimes i go mining and send all the ores/stone back in minecarts, or i go cut down a forest and bring back the wood, or i build an undersea library.

the only thing i do want to mention is that i like to use netherrock and that's not possible on SMP servers, maybe make some trading system where you can trade 2 stacks of cobblestone for a stack of netherrock

Edit: Btw i'm from the netherlands, which is GMT + 1, or standard EU server times for wow. keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fietstasfabriek View Post
    lol

anyway minecraft is indeed very awesome, alot of people are like "OMG THE GRAPHICS SUCK" but in my opinion those people shouldn't even be allowed to play i recently made a tower city of 50+ high towers and another 200 + smaller ones all with connected sewer systems and a central node + levers to show that the house is occupied. although that was all in single player :|

IGN: Fietstasfabriek
    Why would you want to join: to have fun building nice looking big buildings
    Will you grief and what is your perspective on this: griefing sucks and anyone who does it should be banned
    What can you do for us: gather resources and build buildings, i'd rather do both while sharing a resource pool (sometimes i go mining and send all the ores/stone back in minecarts, or i go cut down a forest and bring back the wood, or i build an undersea library.

the only thing i do want to mention is that i like to use netherrock and that's not possible on SMP servers, maybe make some trading system where you can trade 2 stacks of cobblestone for a stack of netherrock

Edit: Btw i'm from the netherlands, which is GMT + 1, or standard EU server times for wow. keep that in mind.
    Yes I am from The Netherlands aswell, anyway I've written you down. . If I get someone who can get us a server, that would be awesome!

Deleted
    so whats the point of a wow minecraft server? you'll recreate the WoW in minecraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    If/When I get my laptop, I can have a server running 24/7. But that's a big if.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracken56 View Post
    so whats the point of a wow minecraft server? you'll recreate the WoW in minecraft?
    Not excactly, I however, thought it would be funny to play minecraft with fellow wow players. So we can talk about it, perhaphs do some wow related building sure why not. (Pss.. How about a Lich King statue!)

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    If/When I get my laptop, I can have a server running 24/7. But that's a big if.
    That'd be awesome. Keep me up to date!

Deleted
    IGN: Crazytramp

Why would you want to join: To play Minecraft with people who aren't total idiots, and to support other players gather resources and build some epic (purpz!) stuff.

Greifing: Is idiotic and one of the reasons I don't play Minecraft that often anymore. Why would I spend time making something huge only to come back to it the next day to find it gone / messed up to hell? No, I will not grief

What can I do: Well, as I mentioned earlier, I have no problem helping people gather resources and helping people out. I enjoy it

Send me a PM when you get stuff sorted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytramp View Post
    IGN: Crazytramp

Why would you want to join: To play Minecraft with people who aren't total idiots, and to support other players gather resources and build some epic (purpz!) stuff.

Greifing: Is idiotic and one of the reasons I don't play Minecraft that often anymore. Why would I spend time making something huge only to come back to it the next day to find it gone / messed up to hell? No, I will not grief

What can I do: Well, as I mentioned earlier, I have no problem helping people gather resources and helping people out. I enjoy it

Send me a PM when you get stuff sorted.
    Accepted! I will!

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 08:04 PM ----------

We need some more people guys! Ask your friends!

I prefer someone with a server!

Deleted
    We really need some more people, invite your friends! They're welcome!

15+ Year Old Account
    bumping your posts isn't allowed unless you're providing some more useful context to the conversation/topic
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    I am sorry, I thought I'd could get it at the main topics this way, since nobody will react if it isn't there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by doublepunner View Post
    Ill consider joining
    Could I have a little bit more information about you?

Not really the same topic, But hybridpanda hosts a server?
    You can just request to play on his ^^
    its a no griefing server etc.

Just send him a message on youtube ;3

IGN:Zizimpa

Why would you want to join:i want to play with friendly and helpfull people, i have been playing minecraft for 3 weeks

Will you grief and what is your perspective on this:Never, i have never griefed and never will it's just stupid to destroy peoples buildings that they spent alot of time on

What can you do for us:gather resources and build some cool buildings and villages

Hello
    IGN: Wirline

The reason I wish to join: I would love to start up on a public server from scratch, some of those I have looked at earlier have had these amazing cities and structures and I would like to be a part of creating something like that. Also meeting up with people that have some mutural interests might be fun.
    When it comes to griefing that is just wrong, why some people grief is beyond me.
    Now what can I do for you? I love mining, creating vast mines that streatch for miles with one main "vein" where the carts are going. Creating cool buildings, rollercosters and bridges are also fun, especially when you can show them to others.

Send me a PM when you have sorted out the detail.
    Last edited by Melira; 2011-02-05 at 09:01 PM.

Deleted
    I would really like to accompany you guys i am aswell from the netherlands i've played minecraft since the release and always been loving it im always trying out new things etc.
    My IGN is Zerrie since i got the account of a frend who didn't like it after he first played it :> i might buy my own account if i feel like name changing and also i really like to make huge HUGE cities but never found a good multiplayer server for it.
    And i also experiment allot with explosions and lava so i might die often without raging :O!

And my point on griefing well. i throw lava on people that grief [COLOR="red"]

(Weird bug made me edit my post )
    Last edited by mmocdcfa722e4a; 2011-02-05 at 03:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by k1mbl3 View Post
    IGN:Zizimpa

Why would you want to join:i want to play with friendly and helpfull people, i have been playing minecraft for 3 weeks

Will you grief and what is your perspective on this:Never, i have never griefed and never will it's just stupid to destroy peoples buildings that they spent alot of time on

What can you do for us:gather resources and build some cool buildings and villages
    Awesome. You can join

---------- Post added 2011-02-05 at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Excelian View Post
    I would really like to accompany you guys i am aswell from the netherlands i've played minecraft since the release and always been loving it im always trying out new things etc.
    My IGN is Zerrie since i got the account of a frend who didn't like it after he first played it :> i might buy my own account if i feel like name changing and also i really like to make huge HUGE cities but never found a good multiplayer server for it.
    And i also experiment allot with explosions and lava so i might die often without raging :O!

And my point on griefing well. i throw lava on people that grief [COLOR="red"]

(Weird bug made me edit my post )
    Awesome. You can join aswell

and we could have like a TS3 or Vent server too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melira View Post
    Hello
    IGN: Wirline

The reason I wish to join: I would love to start up on a public server from scratch, some of those I have looked at earlier have had these amazing cities and structures and I would like to be a part of creating something like that. Also meeting up with people that have some mutural interests might be fun.
    When it comes to griefing that is just wrong, why some people grief is beyond me.
    Now what can I do for you? I love mining, creating vast mines that streatch for miles with one main "vein" where the carts are going. Creating cool buildings, rollercosters and bridges are also fun, especially when you can show them to others.

Send me a PM when you have sorted out the detail.
    Okay, will do!