Poll: Should Skateboarding be added to the Olympics?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Add Skateboarding to The Olympics? Yes/No?

Should skateboarding be added to the summer Olympics? Yes/No.

Rules:

Gives a Yes or No on whether you think it should be added. No ridiculing someone for their decision.

If you Post No Or Yes, Give a reason, dont post "No, Skateboarding sucks" or "No i dont like skateboarding.

Stay on Topic.

This thread is not on whether you like the sport or whether you can perform it. Its wether you think it should be taken to the next level. I know we have the Xgames but its not the same as the Olympics, and also keep in mind that Snowboarding is in the Winter Olympics and is almost the same thing.

---------------

I personally think it should under the similar basis that Snowboarding is in the Olympics and since they are very similar sports there is no reason that skateboarding cannot be added.

Deleted
    yeh, would actually watch the olympics then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Only if the ramps are atleast 1 kilometer high.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Olympics should expand to include other things and skateboarding would make it more interesting.
    I love you forever and ever and then some times two

Skating isn't a sport.

It doesn't seem much of a sport to me... Then again, neither does Snowboarding, so I'd probably say no.

The issue with adding a sport to the Olympics is the need for global recognition, whilst as a sport skateboarding does indeed qualify, it would need a world championship and to be a regular feature in many countries around the world.

Lack of such things is the same reason why baseball and softball are not in the Olympics. That said i would like to see skateboarding at the olympics but it would need worldwide promotion and growth caused by activists from within the skateboarding world.

No. Doesn't seem much of a sport compared to "real" sports.

Deleted
    Add Starcraft instead

OT, Yes i would very much like it to be included.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt mind skateboarding, as long as they added Parkour.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Lack of such things is the same reason why baseball and softball are not in the Olympics.
    I could have sworn baseball has been in the summer Olympics in the past.

I also like to see "Western Reining" added to the horse sport part of the olympics. If there is jumping and that sort of sport why not American style of horseback rideing.

And yes i'd like to see skateboarding as a olympic sport

No sorry, generally speaking here in the UK we don't see skateboarding as a sport more as a hobby one might do when they're a child/teenager.

Yes, I love it, was skateboarding for few years when I was young and I still like to watch it :-)

^Pretty much japan and the states are the only countries that play baseball. And no i dont think baseball has ever been in the olympics.,

On topic: Yes skateboarding should be in the Olympics, snowboarding is so why not skate

Deleted
    tbh sins skateboarding and snowboarding are much i like i rather have skateboarding atleast then id watch it(out sight the silly niss of that usain bolt runner from Jamaica)

but i think it might be to extream for the Olympics hence wy there is something called the X games that if am not mistaking is a form of Olumpics for exstream sports right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Angyles View Post
    I could have sworn baseball has been in the summer Olympics in the past.
    they were introduced in 92, but removed in 08, most likely due to lack of competition and such.

It's more of a sport then Snowboarding..

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonkeli View Post
    And no i dont think baseball has ever been in the olympics.,
    It was removed and there is a push to put it back in in the 2020 Olympics: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/02/sp...-baseball.html

They started playing it in the Olympics in 1992. 2000 was a great year when US upset Cuba for the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    they were introduced in 92, but removed in 08, most likely due to lack of competition and such.
    Ha I was right =p