cataclysm lore question

i know this may be a noobish question but whoever i asked never gave me a proper answer...

With the events in Gilneas and various other quests in WoW, the true colors of sylvanus have unfolded and imo shes just as bad if not worse than the Lich king himself. So my question is, why dosn't the Argent crusade do anything about this?
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Because, if they attack Sylvanas, the rest of the Horde WILL assist the forsaken.

I personally like the idea, raising her fallen enemies into soldiers, and if you've played the new undead starter zone, you'll see they're given a choice by the val'kyr, and if they refuse, they're put back in the grave.

In terms of worse then the Lich King...

The Lich king was created by Kil'jaeden to prepare Azeroth for the arrival of the burning legion using the Scourge. In doing so, the Lich king claimed hundreds of thousands of lives, not just men, but innocents, and even women and children, created unspeakable horrors within Naxxramas and Icecrown Citadel, conquered a whole continent, enslaved many different races, and nearly turned "Azeroths greatest champions" into powerful Scourge, who got saved by Tirion and the spirits chained to Frostmourne. Now the only reason that army of undead hasn't swept through Azeroth killing everything is because of Bolvar, using the immense mental power of the Lich king, keeping them in check.

Sylvanas has risen a few hundred enemy soldiers to fight a war, and used a plague that the worgen are highly resistant to.

Worse hmm?
    Last edited by Zethras; 2011-06-14 at 07:35 AM.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

They now begin clearing Eastern Plaguelands and a good portion of Western... And the scourge that's there is nothing nothing compared to the power or Sylvanas... So...

10+ Year Old Account
    A clash between them is probably inevitable... but the Argent Crusade just finished a massive campaign in Northrend that likely left them totally depleted. There's also the matter of the Crusade containing Horde races, even the Forsaken - attacking Sylvanas while she's still allied with the Horde could potentially tear the Crusade apart.

i praise Sylvannas ^_^

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Argent Crusade would probably love to kill or oust Sylvanas but right now they don't have the power to do so.

The Forsaken have the rest of the horde behind them. Either the Argent Crusade would be crushed by the might of the horde, or the Alliance would back them and the world would be plunged into war again. With the full backing of the Alliance (and probably the Argent Dawn, and maybe even the Scarlet Crusade as well) they probably COULD destroy the Forsaken but it would be a long and costly war and leave all sides very weak and unable to ward off attacks from other sources.

Basically, it's a war no one is anxious to start.

Deleted
    The argents are probably quite worn down after the war with the Lich King, and if they attack the forsaken they'll have to fight the horde too.

Deleted
    They will attack Sylvanas, and Garrosh's Horde. In WarCraft IV, maybe later? But will.

Because Tirion already used the Horde and Alliance to get his castle back, why would he help other people?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Because, if they attack Sylvanas, the rest of the Horde WILL assist the forsaken.
    Thats questionable. Parts of the horde really dislike her, the Froswolves HAVE refsued to aid her and if that short story is canon, she's really ticked off the BElfs. If the AC attack or fight her, then its likely word will be getting around that her truthfulness to Garrosh is somewhat lacking. He's a hot head...but is he likely to aid someone who lied to his face?

I personally like the idea, raising her fallen enemies into soldiers, and if you've played the new undead starter zone, you'll see they're given a choice by the val'kyr, and if they refuse, they're put back in the grave.
    For a few minutes. Then they're given the same choice ...over and over until they make the right one.

Seriously - the Forsaken have never shown any degree of senstivity when it comes to giving people the choice. Its "join us or die".

Sylvanas has risen a few hundred enemy soldiers to fight a war, and used a plague that the worgen are highly resistant to.

Worse hmm?
    Arthas's soul was claimed by Frostmourne. Sylvanas supposedly knows what she is doing.

Yes....I'd say that makes her worse.

EJL