Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

"I loved WOTLK, Cata ruined it for me"

First things first, this is not a flame thread or a thread to whine, I just want to hear your opinion on this:

Let start of when WOTLK arrived, everybody was pumped and ready to start and level in the cold winters of Northrend, (almost) everybody enjoyed the first few days/weeks and then BAM, there came the flaming. Everything that was released in WOTLK instantly sucked, now to be fair there were some exeptions such as Ulduar. Now lets skip to Cata: everybody was like YAY new content, and now suddenly everybody's hating on it and saying WOTLK was like heaven.. Now don't get me wrong, Cata isn't the best expansion, but you don't hear me crying about it.

So how do you guys think of all this? Are you one of them?

Deleted
    In WotLk everyone hated it and loved BC, now everyone hates Cata and loves WotLK.

Mindfart

Cataclysm is not the best expansion, but anyone defending Wrath of the Lich King are mental. I'd rather have played Tetris for 2 years straight. (but Tetris is an awesome game)

WoW sucked from start...

For some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    WoW sucked from start...

For some people.
    They should have quit then, the retards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    This is because mentally handicapped people are judging Cataclysm, with it's first raid tier, against all of WotLKs
    The fact that just about everything but Ulduar sucked and was too easy (according to the whiny vocal minority on the forums) is now long forgotten, and the 10 man normal elite-raiders are now bored with the current tier.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    I do love Cataclysm, the new content is cool and well done. Woltk was definitly a version of "Wow for the noobs", and Yes Ulduar was an awesome content...

So I basically totally disagree with everything you said but that is what is cool in this world : different ways of thinking...

I hope you ll enjoy the new content after 4.2 because wow is better with players who love to play at it.

15+ Year Old Account
    "I love Cata, Wotlk allmost ruined it for me"

just had to fix something but the only thing that would make Cata even better then it already is too do heroic mode like ulduar give us a option to enable heroic mode by killing something or leaving something alive or something infact i cannot belive people liked Wotlk more then Cata wotlk overal was the worst expension raiding wise it was all too easy except yogg saron and lichking ofc but compared too boss in TBC its nothing.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2011-06-14 at 02:55 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    Cataclysm is not the best expansion, but anyone defending Wrath of the Lich King are mental. I'd rather have played Tetris for 2 years straight. (but Tetris is an awesome game)
    indeed tetris is awesome bad exemple^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that how it's always worked?

"This expansion sucks, remember last expansion? That was great."
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

15+ Year Old Account
    Fairly certain anyone who would say that is what we call a "Wrath baby". Even then, I know a few "Wrath babies" who are absolutely loving Cata. So yeah. It's not BC, but it's still fun.

I was actually one the few people who never qqed about wotlk it was a decent expansion. Great zones,Lich king, new class, new bgs. It was great during the ulduar times and went down after toc, then got up again for a few months during icc. The thing i loved the most about wotlk was that you could pug pve content, and i pvp so i got to both pvp the whole expansion and still kill every pve boss. Was great fun overall, maybe because everyone i knew played wow back then.

Cataclysm is the same thing all over again, no new features or nothing. Guild feature dosen't count for me. The zones were bad and we just sit in citys all day long waiting for queues. the community is dead, and nobody cares about deathwing as hes such a bad villain.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    When TBC came out, everyone said "We hate this new stuff, we want original back!"
    When WotLK came out, everyone said "We hate this new stuff, we want TBC back!"
    Now Cataclysm is out, everyone says "We hate this new stuff, we want WotLK back!"

See a pattern? Just play the game. If you don't like it, don't play it.

BC is still my favorite expansion. Although Cata is alright too so far. Nothing amazing though. Wrath was just ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gathrax View Post
    First things first, this is not a flame thread or a thread to whine, I just want to hear your opinion on this:

Let start of when WOTLK arrived, everybody was pumped and ready to start and level in the cold winters of Northrend, (almost) everybody enjoyed the first few days/weeks and then BAM, there came the flaming. Everything that was released in WOTLK instantly sucked, now to be fair there were some exeptions such as Ulduar. Now lets skip to Cata: everybody was like YAY new content, and now suddenly everybody's hating on it and saying WOTLK was like heaven.. Now don't get me wrong, Cata isn't the best expansion, but you don't hear me crying about it.

WotLK instantly sucked because all content (aside from hardmode OS) was cleared within 4 days of release by any moderately skilled player.

And I've never seen anyone with more than two brain cells say WotLK was like heaven. Now go back to your bridge.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Setting-wise, Wrath was excellent. The major schism occured when Blizzard pandered to the "Casual" player more than they should have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really liked the leveling bit in WotLK.. I still don't.

BC and Cata are much nicer expensions in terms of leveling :P

I still like Cata.. more then WotLK, pretty much on par with TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gathrax View Post

Well in my case tbc > vanilla (well cant say anything about this cuz i just lvled my character) > cata > wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by ffaorlandu View Post
    When TBC came out, everyone said "This is awesome"
    When WotLK came out, everyone said "We hate this new stuff, we want TBC back!"
    Now Cataclysm is out, everyone says "We hate this new stuff, we want TBC back!"
    Your revisionist history is amusing.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

What if i loved TBC and hate Wotlk+Cata...what now ?