Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW client will not load on my win7 ultimate pc

Hello all I no longer have cd's to install wow and I am trying to run the download client on my Windows 7 Ultimate pc. I start the client and after 5 seconds nothing happens. no explanation of what went wrong or if it cannot even be run.

I am getting a WoW fiending and need my fix please help.

I posted on WoW tech Forum but got no feedback so I came here
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2011-06-15 at 01:35 PM.

Have you tried to disable P2P?
    Also, piracy is frowned upon here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, don't talk about piracy. No one is willing to help you if you aren't willing to pay for your operating system.
    /thread

ok so how do I disable the P2P ?

also I saw a thread somewhere last night talking bout not having a C:\temp folder could this be a issue

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing by the "don't talk of piracy" it means his OS is pirated? Since he edited his original post and download WoW is fine...
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    I'm guessing by the "don't talk of piracy" it means his OS is pirated? Since he edited his original post and download WoW is fine...
    Yes, his Windows 7 is pirated.

WoW, the piracy is relevant to your issue, so you'll have to reinstall a legal version.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    He said something in the likes of "My OS isn't fully authentic", transcribed.

But I don't want to be ratting someone out, since he obviously editted it in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    He said something in the likes of "My OS isn't fully authentic", transcribed.

But I don't want to be ratting someone out, since he obviously editted it in time.
    The edit feature isn't there to save his ass. If he doesn't want to pay for something then he should just get a substitute. If you can't buy a laptop, you shouldn't steal it. Especially if the stolen version is made of crap parts. (Which is what a pirated Windows 7 copy equates to.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh Why so srs? All Microsoft is, is a bunch of greedy jerkfaces anyway. XD

But yah you shouldnt have no issues getting wow or its launcher to load on your system

Edit: To save myself from Microsoft and the Police. I have retracted my statement <3
    Last edited by Zelerena; 2011-06-15 at 02:23 PM.

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelerena View Post
    Oooh Why so srs? All Microsoft is, is a bunch of greedy jerkfaces anyway. XD
    Well. You don't have to use Windows then. Ubuntu is free, afaik.

But if you insist on using their products, be prepared to pay for it. That's the reality of the world.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. You don't have to use Windows then. Ubuntu is free, afaik.

But if you insist on using their products, be prepared to pay for it. That's the reality of the world.
    I edited. I could use Ubuntu but it prolly wouldnt run wow huh? :P

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

well ok no my buddy let me use his win7 since my comp crashed . but so as not to affect his Official Win7 i found some program that lets me bypass the 30day trial. I have every intention of getting Win7 ultimate in bout 2 weeks aint easy comming up with that kinda money on a shitty part time 9.00 per hour. but i need something to get comp back up so its what I did. Do i like it NO I DO NOT but i did what I had to do.

Ok so now that I am done with that, I saw a post or 2 here stating thta the Ungenuine win7 will not download WoW I do thank you all for assistance and will just have to hold off my WoW fix for nother 2-3 weeks so I can get the Genuine key online

Don't buy Ultimate. I imagine 49 out of 50 users that buy Ultimate will never use its features, and that's a conservative estimate. Get Win7 Pro OEM 64-bit and enjoy it.
    Super casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    well ok no my buddy let me use his win7 since my comp crashed . but so as not to affect his Official Win7 i found some program that lets me bypass the 30day trial. I have every intention of getting Win7 ultimate in bout 2 weeks aint easy comming up with that kinda money on a shitty part time 9.00 per hour. but i need something to get comp back up so its what I did. Do i like it NO I DO NOT but i did what I had to do.

Ok so now that I am done with that, I saw a post or 2 here stating thta the Ungenuine win7 will not download WoW I do thank you all for assistance and will just have to hold off my WoW fix for nother 2-3 weeks so I can get the Genuine key online
    It's $99 for Win 7 Home Premium OEM. Super easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelerena View Post
    I edited. I could use Ubuntu but it prolly wouldnt run wow huh? :P
    Of course you can play WoW in Ubuntu, as you can Rift, Civilization and countless other "Windows" games.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Its called not having windows, go for OSX or Ubuntu. Personally my 2.4 terrabyte 32gb ram IMac partioned for 1.2 terrabyte windows and 1.2 for osx runs windows and osx 10x faster than you could ever run just your windows. INB4 windows fanboys
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-07-22 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlastShakeStab View Post
    Its called not having windows, go for OSX or Ubuntu. Personally my 2.4 terrabyte 32gb ram IMac partioned for 1.2 terrabyte windows and 1.2 for osx runs windows and osx 10x faster than you could ever run just your windows. INB4 windows fanboys
    Sure you do. And sure you have 32GiBs of RAM. And I believe anyone with a 24-disc SSD RAID0 would run Windows faster yet.

EDIT
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-06-15 at 02:45 PM.
    &nbsp;

Sure you do. And sure you have 32GiBs of RAM. And I believe anyone with a 24-disc SSD RAID0 would run Windows faster yet.
    I used to have use only dell and alienware, then replacing it every 2 years because of a virus or just overall breaking made me mad. you can customize macs it just voids the warranty hell you bought it what are they gonna tell you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlastShakeStab View Post
    a) LOL sure 32 Gigs of RAM
    b) The OP doesn't have enough money for a legal windows. So your suggestions is buying a freaking MAC (which by default are more expensive than PCs) and then buying OSX on top of it? Awesome suggestion...
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    a) LOL sure 32 Gigs of RAM
    b) The OP doesn't have enough money for a legal windows. So your suggestions is buying a freaking MAC (which by default are more expensive than PCs) and then buying OSX on top of it? Awesome suggestion...
    Implying piratebay doesnt exist?? just download a better copy

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-06-15 at 03:21 PM.