Feral Charge (Cat) and Ravage Macro

I was wondering how to adjust the macro I'm using right now (if possible) to charge the spell icons when using the ability. It's mainly to show that stampede proced and it would switch back after ravage is used or when the stampede buff is no longer active.

#showtooltip
    /cast Feral Charge(cat form)
    /cast Ravage

I used one before in the past for my warrior using Devastate then it switching to Revenge when it proced.

I would suggest a castsequence macro instead.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=10 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage!

I think Blizz fixed it now so you can just put "Ravage" without the exclamation point but to be safe I'd include it anyway.
    You can change the value of the reset timer, but 10 seconds is the buff's duration so it'll display Ravage for as long as it can and revert back to Feral Charge once the buff dissipates.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=10 Feral Charge(Cat Form),Ravage!

Though sometimes my macro likes to bug out and not switch over to Ravage!. Happens enough for me to put Ravage on my bars in case it screws up.

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Selverein View Post
    I think Blizz fixed it now so you can just put "Ravage" without the exclamation point but to be safe I'd include it anyway.
    You can change the value of the reset timer, but 10 seconds is the buff's duration so it'll display Ravage for as long as it can and revert back to Feral Charge once the buff dissipates.
    It's possible, but last I saw when they claimed they fixed macros that referred to ability morphs, people still had issues using it in macros. To be a little more clear about the reset timer, that is how long it will wait after your last click/press until it goes back to the beginning. So if you spam click like while you're not in range for a Ravage! it will wait 10 seconds after your last click, not when the Stampede buff wears off.
    Last edited by MasterNewbie; 2011-06-16 at 07:18 PM.

So it's just not working correctly at the moment to work like I'd like?

You should not use this macro. Its lame.
    First of all - you will get agro because ravage crit damage is huge at pull. And ravage will always crit.
    Second - its waste of energy because you are going to use it on full energy.
    Third - you should use it with tf to get even bigger hit.

Your initial pull rotation should look like this:
    charge - fff on flight - mangle - shred - tf - rake - rip - ravage - shred - sr.
    Last edited by traen; 2011-06-17 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    You should not use this macro. Its lame.
    First of all - you will get agro because ravage crit damage is huge at pull. And ravage will always crit.
    Second - its waste of energy because you are going to use it on full energy.
    Third - you should use it with tf to get even bigger hit.
    Who said you had to immediately use Ravage! after charging? Castsequence macros fire the list of spells with each use, not all in a sequence with one use. You can use the macro to charge, do your rotational business and use your ravage in the ten-second window. Thing is you can't spam click/press the macro or it will fire both.

15+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:shift] Ravage!
    /stopmacro [modifier:shift]
    this way if it fails witch i dont see why, but you cna hold down shift to still use Ravage
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:shift] Ravage!
    /stopmacro [modifier:shift]
    this way if it fails witch i dont see why, but you cna hold down shift to still use Ravage
    Obviously it will fail pretty often because most cats dont have hit and expertise cap nowdays.

But do you really think that castsequence + emergency shift macro is worth using? That it will simplify something and improve your performance? Doubt it.

It doesn't fail due to not being hit/exp capped. What I mean by failing is that the macro I use itself won't transition to Ravage!, so I have to use some other method of using it. Elunedra, thanks for the mod Will be using it.

To elaborate further, I can Feral Charge, get the Stampede buff but the castsequence macro won't let me use Ravage! and instead shows the Feral Charge CD from time to time.

Deleted
    since feral charge not on global cd, are you sure you arent mashing the button so fast you dont see the Ravage go of? That would also make the macro go back to showing Feral charge cd

Quote Originally Posted by ziconilsson View Post
    since feral charge not on global cd, are you sure you arent mashing the button so fast you dont see the Ravage go of? That would also make the macro go back to showing Feral charge cd
    Positive, still have Stampede buff and can use Ravage! from the Ravage I had to put elsewhere on my bars.