New Battleground Ideas!

This thread is dedicated to posting ideas for new bg's. It's very easy to complain that the BG's we have are boring, unimaginative, repetitive, etc., but what I don't see included in these sorts of critiques are ideas for new BG modes.

Please do not make posts complaining about current battle grounds unless it directly relates to your idea (i.e., I think this idea in AV is bad so here is how I would do it), it's all been said before. It's all about the ideas! They don't have to be fully fleshed out, totally balanced ideas either. Just what you think would be a fun new thing to have a battle ground based on.

My idea: inspired by the coin-mode in Smash Brothers. Players start with a certain amount of coins, kept wherever it is the archeology fragments are kept (so not in your bags or your currency tab). On your screen you can see the amount of coins you have, your team has, and the opposing team has. Each time you kill an enemy player, a coin is dropped and you pick it up. If you die, you actually lose some of the coins you have collected, which have been picked up by the enemy. The more coins you have, the bigger your character is (making you a bigger target). Killing players with more coins will result in more coins being dropped by that player. At the end of the game, the total coins for each team is converted to honor points and distributed equally amongst team-mates (since melee's would have an easier time picking coins up than ranged or healers). I think this would be fun because it encourages players to try to protect themselves (and their coins!) and not just go around pwning faces.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Deleted
    What id like to see (and I'm surprised there isn't) just a standard deathmatch type bg I know arena covers that on a small scale but I'm talking about say 10-20vs10-20 seeing as everyone in BGs forgets what their doing and just goes for honor kills anyway this would offer a place where that was the actual mission With a set number of depleting respawns like AV

A tutorial BG

That's all.

Tells my STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID team-mates to.

Defend Bases

Call Incs

Focus Healers

Kill Flag Carriers

Not fight in the middle/on the road like DERP

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    What id like to see (and I'm surprised there isn't) just a standard deathmatch type bg I know arena covers that on a small scale but I'm talking about say 10-20vs10-20 seeing as everyone in BGs forgets what their doing and just goes for honor kills anyway this would offer a place where that was the actual mission With a set number of depleting respawns like AV
    I think that's a great idea!

Here's another one: A giant maze with obstacles (elevator boss ftw, flame jets, swinging axes). There's four entrances, each faction is split into two groups at the start, and race to the center to capture a relic. Scattered through the maze are different control points that can change the maze- literally moving walls, or turning traps on/off, releasing high-level mobs into an area, etc..The emphasis on environmental awareness while trying to delay the enemy from reaching the relic would be a nice change of pace!
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

I agree. I would really like an all out death-match with no real pvp objective. Like as you said, a arena type BG. Would be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tutorial BG... That's the best idea in the history of WoW... It's pathetic to see level 85's still don't know how to win a BG...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah current BG's are a bit of a bore, but what is adding more going to do?
    Seems we will just be back here complaining again in 3 months, too many BG's would kind of ruin some of the fun for me.

So perhaps not another new BG, maybe a new reward system?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiva View Post
    A tutorial BG

That's all.

Tells my STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID team-mates to.

Defend Bases

Call Incs

Focus Healers

Kill Flag Carriers

Not fight in the middle/on the road like DERP
    CC healers > focusing them but still, if people dont listen to the advice of others they aren't going to listen to a tutorial.

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nartalath View Post
    I think that's a great idea!

Here's another one: A giant maze with obstacles (elevator boss ftw, flame jets, swinging axes). There's four entrances, each faction is split into two groups at the start, and race to the center to capture a relic. Scattered through the maze are different control points that can change the maze- literally moving walls, or turning traps on/off, releasing high-level mobs into an area, etc..The emphasis on environmental awareness while trying to delay the enemy from reaching the relic would be a nice change of pace!
    please keep PvE out of my PvP.

I already like this tread ^^

I approve of the OPs idea, sounds pretty fun =P
    I approve of the deathatch because it would be rather quick & you wouldn't have to get irritated as much at people who dont usualy do the objectives.
    Tutorial BG would be lovely, but I supose the problem would be when people who know what there doing go in & annihalate...that or the people in it just don't pick up the lessons

My suggestion is: A king of the hill style BG. There is a tower or lighthouse or somthing in the middle ( In terms of story you could say it would make an excelent tactical outpost due to it being an excelent vantage point so the team can keep an eye on loads of things). Both Team start on either side & they fight their way up the tower. The team that holds the very top for the longest wins.
    The way up to the top should have alot of windy passages, big rooms etc with graveyards to cap at various floors.
    Think Kharazan tower but with graveyard caps on the way up.

Another suggestion is a tug of war style BG, where both sides have npc squads spawning often that go to fight the opposing npc armies. The players need to kill/capture various things to help their army reach the other side of the feild. To stop this becoming another AV OMG LETS ZERG & GET THIS DONE WHILE COMPLETELY IGNORING THE FACT THIS ISNT FUN & IS RUINING THE BG, I'm thinking you can upgrade your army like in AV using things you loot from other players. Ofcourse players can kill the NPCs, but once they have enough upgrades/bonusses from player hand ins & objectives, the npcs will be extremely difficult to kill & can probably kill the players by overwhelming them. I think this would be pretty cool because it would be like fighting in an acual battle like in a war, rather than like now where its either the after effects & helping with erands or things like that. To win, you have to Invade & destroy somthing at the other end of the feild, but it cant be attacked except by your army/unless the things that came before it are down. I supose if you where to imagine it, it would be along the lines of, arathi highlands, with various towns & villages, outposts & keeps to destroy along the way, along with objectives such as protecting somthing so it can empower your force & destroy opponents to weaken theres. With each end being I dunno, That big wall between hillsbrad/arathi for the horde, & the bridge between arathi & wetlands, With the final thing to destroy being a baracade or somthing.
    All I want is a full scale war like battle

Looking farward to seeing other suggestions ^^
    Last edited by Fogsworth; 2011-06-17 at 11:40 PM.