15+ Year Old Account

Holy Talent Question

Long time disc priest. Recently tried holy and I'm really enjoying it. There is one thing I don't understand tho. Why is everyone putting 2 TPs in "State of Mind" talent?
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I belive it's to reduce the cooldown on the AOE healing spell, holy word: Sanctuary. I've never played priest myself though, but the priest healer in our guild loves it

Edit: Hmmm... Seems like HW:Sanctuary has a 40 second cooldown, so that's not very logical O.o Well, probably to use both HW's then!
    Last edited by marrefar; 2011-06-17 at 12:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dear Bahumut5 and other moderators trying to make users think I'm a girl, please have a giant cup of go fuck yourself.

---marrefar---
    No, the talent you mean is Tome of Light, this reduce the cooldown by all Holy Word-Spells by 30% with 2 talent points.

---Deleo---

I don't know, why a lot of people still put talent-points in State of Mind. Since 4.1 this talent ist simply useless. 2 points in blessed resilience are much better.

Tollshot is absolutely correct.

This talent has the dubious honor of being the worst talent in the priest talent tree. Even an unused lightwell or spirit of redemption is better than this. At least those COULD have been useful.

Deleted
    It's a completely useless talent. It needs replacing.

10+ Year Old Account
    State of Mind is possibly the worst talent in all of WoW. I imagine anyone still specced in it either never bothered to respec once the changes were implemented or are just woefully uninformed

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

i like the fact that it free up some point that you could use for either blessed resilience or something else
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a bad talent. People who are taking it are either ill informed and looking at an old spec when a lot of people used it (before it was "redesigned" to be complete trash), or they think that switching Chakra stances sooner can make that big of a difference.

An example is Chimeron, depending on when he Feuds, it can be impossible to switch Chakra stances. The fight is easy to heal in either stance for the entire fight (even Heroic), so it really doesn't matter to me. I'd rather put the two points in something useful. Many of our talents are personal preference, but you aren't getting your money's worth for this one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks alot for the responses guys. I spent those 2 TPs in LW and Blessed Resi. Not many options really.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    I imagine the talent is useful for pvp (being able to chastise and jump back into chakra more often) however I really don't think many priests are using it for pve now. When you say 'everyone' is putting 2 points there, who are you talking about?

I have never had points in SoM, it's always been a wasted talent.. Even for PVP I couldn't see it's use, I'd rather go Disc for PVP.

Don't put points in that talent. It's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    I imagine the talent is useful for pvp (being able to chastise and jump back into chakra more often) however I really don't think many priests are using it for pve now. When you say 'everyone' is putting 2 points there, who are you talking about?
    usually in pvp, you wouldn't be that often in a chakra state if you're using chastize a lot.

anyway, SoM has been made veeeeery close from totaly useless since they increased chakra state duration to 1mn, and it's even worse now that it lasts indefinitely.
    definitely a waste of points in regard to what you can spec into instead (BR so to speak).

Deleted
    Show me one holy priest that specs two talents there and I suggest rerolling for him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Thasilian View Post
    Show me one holy priest that specs two talents there and I suggest rerolling for him/her.
    I often come by such players. Then I take my wet noodle and slap em!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thasilian View Post
    It happens, either because not knowing any better or because they didn't change their specs in a very long while.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

becasue they are semi retarded and bad. there is not a single hardmode encounter, least of all a regular one you need it for. Stuff it in blessed resiliance or something worthwhile instead.

There are only so many ways we can say "Either they haven't looked at it, or are woefully misinformed/ignorant/bad/etc"

So at this juncture, I'm just going to stop this thread. Sorry.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~