Rate my Disc Priest please

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dark-iron/Absorbing/simple

I
    just recently changed my priest over to Disc, and I was wondering if I have the gemming and reforging done correctly.

I followed the pattern that askmrrobot.com suggested. I see a lot of people saying mastery>crit, while askmrrobot says crit>mastery. I feel like I can get through dungeons easier doing crit>mastery, but I do want to start tank healing in raids soon.( the 359 gear I have is from shadow form that I rolled OS for )

Thanks in advance.

go mastery>crit imo

Deleted
    The Creator of askmrrobot has absolutely no clue which stat is better, so he was lazy and just said crit~mastery~haste. And as he programmed his website in a fashion that the stat on the top is preferred, he fully relies on crit. Thats absolutely wrong. Crit is worse than haste/mastery.

Discs in 25m prefer mastery because of max shields, Discs in 10m go to haste, but all only to a certain amount. Just pick the stat that you are comfortable with, but DO NOT choose crit.

Just found another reason why this site is terrible: It doesn't enclude randomly enchanted epics like planetary drape/band/amulet etc.
    Last edited by mmoc80e4089929; 2011-06-17 at 03:03 PM.

So if I was to begin raiding 10m raids, you'd recommend taking all the crit reforges, and put them into haste?

So all crit > Haste
    and if it has Mastery/Haste, no reforge?

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 09:36 AM ----------

Or would you recommend going to wowreforge.com, and putting Spirit/Haste/Mastery as the main stats?

Deleted
    just go full mastery on every piece of gear, it out ways haste and crit by alot. check out my alt ideal on alonsus, train of thought and were u put ur shadow talents are up to u but borrowed time is a must with this gear set up. Jar of Ancient Remedies isnt the best trinket for disc another int would be nice, i know i have it on but i was last on in my holy spec

IMO askmrrobot.com is terrible. I would use RAWR. I plugged several of my characters into askmrrobot.com and it gave me terrible feedback. Just a suggestion!

even RAWR is telling me to go master>crit

Deleted
    look at the top guilds disc priests they have all geared mastery example is firstaidspec from Blood Legion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heltric View Post
    just go full mastery on every piece of gear, it out ways haste and crit by alot
    Hopefully with 4.2 the role of tankhealing for a disc priest returns to more peoples minds. Meanwhile I'm not yet tired to say again and again that

for tankhealing: mastery / haste > crit
    for raidbubbling: mastery > haste / crit

And that's got nothing to do with 10man vs 25man, more with whether it's normal or hardmode. Blindly disregarding haste is just plain wrong.

look at the top guilds disc priests they have all geared mastery example is firstaidspec from Blood Legion
    Blindly copying what top guild priests do is dumb. You don't know what their currently visible equip is intended for. Most probably they've got more than one equip for one spec or they could be experimenting. Following advice of people on roughly equal progress makes more sense.
    Last edited by mmoce6438d9a93; 2011-06-17 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    think what you want but try it once and see (if im wrong then i am more than happy to admit it) my own healing went up alot when i change from a mastery/haste build"Blindly copying what top guild priests do is dumb", so following what the best players of millions do is dumb???? did i say just check one player i said "look at the top guilds disc priests" now im sure the "s" on the end mean plural

http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110244-cataclysm_discipline_priest_compendium/#Stats_and_Gearing

e
    litistjerks can help you more than some random people...elitistjerks has done the math

Deleted
    think what you want but try it once and see (if im wrong then i am more than happy to admit it) my own healing went up alot when i change from a mastery/haste build
    what is your role? since you're arguing against me, i have to assume it's tankhealing. i started tankhealing with a mastery build and then went to mastery/haste and having heals going off faster made my life a lot easier since even with sos you can't chain-shield the tank. but if your role is raidbubbling: i didn't say you should go for mastery/haste in my previous post.

"Blindly copying what top guild priests do is dumb", so following what the best players of millions do is dumb???? did i say just check one player i said "look at the top guilds disc priests" now im sure the "s" on the end mean plural
    the more you look up the more different builds you'll find and you still don't know what it's intended for and if that matches what you want to do (because if you knew, "you" wouldn't ask here for advice).

Deleted
    dude do whatever makes u happy, i just said what i found to be the best way to increase healing done in disc, if im wrong, im wrong but it works for me and countless others.Have a nice day now

Deleted
    dude do whatever makes u happy, i just said what i found to be the best way to increase healing done in disc, if im wrong, im wrong but it works for me and countless others.Have a nice day now
    i would've expected you to state now what your role is. giving advice about stats without saying whether it's intended for a raidbubbler or a tankhealer makes little sense.

I have looked but I can not seem to find it. Is there a mastery target number to aim for? I have benn playing around with mastery crit and haste. I still think I need some tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Supern3rd View Post
    even RAWR is telling me to go master>crit
    and you said that askmrrobot.com was telling you to go with crit>mastery in your OP

Deleted
    Stack Intellect to an extreme and that will give you all the crit you need. I have about 200 crit rating from a few pieces of gear I want to replace and yet still get 25% crit in raids from talents and buffs etc. Haste and mastery are both very good and I'd advise balancing them. I aim for 12-15% haste to get 20% raid buffed for 2 sec GHeals/PoHs and then put everything else into mastery. Only thing to watch out with mastery is the soft cap (DA cannot stack over 40% of your maximum health) although I think it's an unrealistically high number. I plan to get 15% haste, 50% mastery then stack crit.

Editing so no one thinks I'm crazy - I understand these stas are high for current gear levels - it's an overall aim to work to over the next tier or two! (I have 13% haste and 30something mastery at the moment so may be very possible in firelands)
    Last edited by mmoc64aeaff721; 2011-06-18 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloona View Post
    IMO askmrrobot.com is terrible. I would use RAWR. I plugged several of my characters into askmrrobot.com and it gave me terrible feedback. Just a suggestion!
    See again ill say this mrrobot wants you to know your own stat weighting otherwise its useless. OP your choices from what i see are good mastery is decent spell power decent for your gear i personally always pick up desperate prayer no matter what. Things seem in order