Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Also try getting a few emulators if you're into that kind of thing (N64 - Super Mario 64).
    Only if you have a controller for your PC. Trying to play most of the old emulated games is beyond frustrating with a keyboard -_- (Except the super scope games with a mouse, they're laughably easy).

zelda

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Only if you have a controller for your PC. Trying to play most of the old emulated games is beyond frustrating with a keyboard -_- (Except the super scope games with a mouse, they're laughably easy).

zelda
    obsidian's game - oblivian took about 300 hrs of my life
    final fantasy was cool

pokemon gameboy too

Indeed. Unless you play 2D RPGs or games that don't require you pushing 3 keys at once emulators require a controller. Super Ghouls and Goblins sure is fun though =P

Oh damn, you're so right. Hitting that Z button for back jump was super annoying in Mario 64 hahaha

Dragon age series, on nightmare difficulty it takes a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Confined View Post
    Not a name you hear often around here but Civilization 4: Beyond the sword would be my choice, Its a turn based strategy game so deep and thorough that I really doubt you will have less than 200hours IF you give it a chance, its a hard game to swallow however but its really entertaining and has the most friendly forums I've ever seen :P
    This is a good suggestion, even though it's somewhat wrong on one front. It's not hard game to swallow, it's in fact very beginner friendly and a proper way to express what he tried would be that easy to learn, hard to master.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Minecraft
    Portal 2

Hmmm I'll add Command and Conquer: Generals (with Zero Hour) to the mix, the campaign is/was pretty cool, and the skirmishes give you hours of mindless vs AI fun!

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

When you played through Oblivion, was it Vanilla, or did you mod the hell out of it? If you didn't mod it much, I'd suggest that. Get like Francesco, MMM, OOO... I think there's even a pack that combines all those while removing some of the overlaps and conflicts.

I'd have to recommend against games like Portal 2 since you did ask for "Time-consuming"... the single player is incredibly short, the puzzles are easy as hell, and of course once you know them the challenge is gone(which is the issue with co-op). Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game, but if you're looking for something to eat up a good chunk of time, it might be hard to stomach $50 for around 10hr of gameplay.

Deleted
    don't know if anyone has already mentioned it
    Minecraft consumes a whole lot of time, or you try to do some productive stuff, like writing your own game, can be singleplayer, and really is time-consuming x]

I was really disappointed with dragon age 2. The fighting just wasn't fun.

Witcher 2 on the other hand - that's a great game. Play it on hard.

Witcher 2 has a pretty disappointing length IMO. First two chapters were amazing but I felt the last 2 chapters were pretty rushed and not thought out. Still a great game though.

portal 2
    any other single player is put onto shadow
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Fallout 3 > Fallout New Vegas.

Both incredibly awesome. And most of all very time consuming, yet very rewarding.
    Don't try to haste trough, enjoy every minute of it.
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

Deleted
    dunno how people could stomach fallout new vegas. i picked it up a while back, but literally only played about 10 minutes. the graphics look so terribly outdated (worse than fallout 3) that it wasn't worth the HDD space it was on...

anyway, just the usual really. the mass effect series, dragon age series, plus full dlc for both if you can. it adds some new features and extra missions to go through. another game i got recently that i really enjoyed was mafia 2. i dunno how long the campaign is exactly, but the missions and cut-scenes are awesome. fable 3 is another pretty engrossing game that i played through. the combat system is fun, as are all of the skills and upgrades you can buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Bioshock games, very very fun.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go and get Neverwinter Nights, it's pretty old. Awesome D&D RPG. The original is the best one with it's expansions. Has a lot of replay value too if you want to make a different class/race. The character customization(stat&featwise) is probably one of the most complex you'll see.

I spent many hours on that game. Many, many hours.

Quote Originally Posted by DissoOfEredar View Post
    Go to steam and get the F.E.A.R pack for 10 bucks. Includes F.E.A.R 1 &2 with the expansion packs. Easily some of the best games I've played.
    Fear 3 comes out in like a few days!? Awesome, fun games. Especially at 2AM with a surround sound setup.

edit, what's up with this new darned edit box? Pff.
    Last edited by Hulari; 2011-06-20 at 10:56 PM.

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
    Icewind Dale
    Might & Magic VI: Mandate of Heaven
    Might & Magic VII: For Blood and Honor
    Might & Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer
    Darkstone
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (+ Tribunal & Bloodmoon)
    Fable: The Lost Chapters
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Jade Empire
    Fallout
    Fallout 2
    Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel
    Sins of a Solar Empire (+ Entrenchment)
    Tropico 3 (+ Absolute Power)
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II (+ Chaos Rising & Retribution)
    Planetscape: Torment
    Rome: Total War (+ Barbarian Invasion)
    Medieval: Total War I/II

My age is showing =(
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Deleted
    No one has mentioned Batman: Arkham Asylum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warician View Post
    zelda
    obsidian's game - oblivian took about 300 hrs of my life
    final fantasy was cool

pokemon gameboy too
    rofl... I still have and play first/second generation...

Some great games most likely mentioned are: Half Life 2, Bioshock 1&2, Red Dead Redemption, Fear 1&2, Dead Space 1&2, Dark Sector, and Lost Planet.

Try Mass Effect. One of the best games I've ever played. And as to your question about the Witcher 2, it's amazing