Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Removing titles and raid mounts

WHY are people still able to obtain raid titles when the content is trivialized? If you weren't good enough to kill a boss when it actually mattered then you DO NOT deserve a title for killing it a few raid tiers later. I feel the same way for meta-achievement mounts. Guilds that worked hard to clear everything on hardmode and earn the mounts when it was actually a challenge to do so have to stare at idiot shitter pugs running around with the same thing with half the effort. I worked hard to earn my H LK title in wrath and then I walk around seeing people with the title who killed it in a pug. WTF? I remember all the work my guild put into clearing ICC on heroic and then doing all the dumb achievements associated with each boss and feeling great after we earned our frostbrood vanquishers, and then you see these brain dead scrubs who ride the exact same mount, when they don't deserve it. I feel like there is nothing you can actually earn in this game anymore without it's worth being absolutely ruined by a band of shitties who decide to spend a saturday afternoon mouth-breathing their way through ICC to get a cool mount. What did they do to deserve that mount? Nothing. So why should they get that and titles?

Why does it matter to you what others have/get? focus on your own charactrs not the characters of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aha ... OR you can just ignore the fact and keep on saying "Oh f*ck yeah I am still one tier AHEAD of you"

And not all people raid, some just do it for fun in a pug ....

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    Why does it matter to you what others have/get? focus on your own charactrs not the characters of others.
    They did not put in any effort to obtain the mount, therefor they should not have one. It's the same thing as everyone who plays baseball getting a championship trophy, regardless of whether or not they put forth the effort to obtain it.

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    Aha ... OR you can just ignore the fact and keep on saying "Oh f*ck yeah I am still one tier AHEAD of you"

And not all people raid, some just do it for fun in a pug ....
    That's fine, but people who raid for fun in a pug do not deserve the same rewards as people who spend weeks and weeks trying to clear a raid or get a meta-achievement mount.

You're either a troll or you need to stop being so worried about what other people have or are able to do and more about what you do.

A. You either kept up the progression and now have gear/mounts/titles that they do not have
    or
    B. You rested on your laurels and stopped raiding, in which case you may not have new sexy gear, titles and mounts but your achievements still have earlier dates on them

That's the way MMOs work, if you wanna take pride in your accomplishments you need to do it personally, if you want people to recognize you as bad ass it has to be for what you did or are doing right here and right now. Unless you've got one of those cool scarab lord titles, the shit you did before Cata doesn't really matter now, tough titties.

*edit*

Sorry, it was just too difficult to peel away from my rant.

What is it with people thinking that they need to look special? I swear I must've read 100 posts just like this one, I've got heroic gear now but I know once Firelands comes out it doesn't mean much. That's what happens, you keep on trucking. I hit 85 the day Cata came out, I don't run around saying "you all don't deserve the same level 85 achievement as me".

Am I strange because I don't seek the personal validation of looking special compared to a bunch of other WoW nerds? I know what I did and I know what amount of effort I put into it. I'm not on display and I don't care what other people think. Seriously, if you wanna look special for what you did, join the fucking military where they pin it on your shirt. Otherwise STFU, play the damned game and have pride in and for YOURSELF.

Fuckin morons.
    Last edited by Druidjezus; 2011-06-20 at 10:02 PM.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingofBears View Post
    They did not put in any effort to obtain the mount, therefor they should not have one. It's the same thing as everyone who plays baseball getting a championship trophy, regardless of whether or not they put forth the effort to obtain it.
    You know when you got it and the fact others got it way after does not harm you or your characters in anyway, sounds like you are just another elitist who wants all the toys to himself.

Special snowflake is butthurt.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    You're either a troll or you need to stop being so worried about what other people have or are able to do and more about what you do.

A. You either kept up the progression and now have gear/mounts/titles that they do not have
    or
    B. You rested on your laurels and stopped raiding, in which case you may not have new sexy gear, titles and mounts but your achievements still have earlier dates on them

That's the way MMOs work, if you wanna take pride in your accomplishments you need to do it personally, if you want people to recognize you as bad ass it has to be for what you did or are doing right here and right now. Unless you've got one of those cool scarab lord titles, the shit you did before Cata doesn't really matter now, tough titties.
    I don't want someone to have to go into my achivement book and compare dates to know that I'm better than them, it should be immediately apperant because of the title and mount. Yes that is elitist, but it's right.

i got LOTD when it mattered and i dont care that people are running around with it cuz i have dragonslayer......
    tldr go get the current hard title

7/7 Firelands 6/7HM Firelands
    13/13 T11
    ​Glory of The Cataclysm Raider

Blizzard has talked about it, you get to feel all special when you get it when the content is current. It gives other players or "casuals" something to do/shoot for since they don't raid/pvp as much.

Diesel 1/7H

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like there is nothing you can actually earn in this game anymore without it's worth being absolutely ruined by a band of shitties who decide to spend a saturday afternoon mouth-breathing their way through ICC to get a cool mount. What did they do to deserve that mount? Nothing. So why should they get that and titles?
    Why do you care about past content? Shouldn't you be doing the new awesome content to get the new awesome mounts and titles? What does it matter if people you consider bads get things when they are outdated? Should all the people after the level 85 server firsts not get to do the same quests and instances for the same amount of XP and loot? I mean someone already did it before...

The work you did to clear and defeat Heroic LK is not invalidated by people being able to get it for less work. You got it when it was awesome while they are getting it an expansion later.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I really Recommend a moderator to lock this before a troll/flame war begins ....

don't say I didn't warn you all

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The point i'm trying to make here is that there is hardly anything unique within the game anymore, and reserving titles and mounts for people that actually EARNED them would be an instant fix to that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wafflezlol View Post
    i got LOTD when it mattered and i dont care that people are running around with it cuz i have dragonslayer......
    See, this guy has his shit together!

The point i'm trying to make here is that there is hardly anything unique within the game anymore, and reserving titles and mounts for people that actually EARNED them would be an instant fix to that problem.
    The stuff that is unique is the stuff that's current, and tbh that's what makes it so special. You only have it for those brief months before every idiot and their goldfish can pick it up in a pug but you earned it before them and that's what makes it special. If you need people to look at you and go "wow, that guy is awesome" go stand at Deathknell and let the level 1-5 undead ask you for gold. Otherwise you need to find something to hang your hat on besides WoW, because I can tell you that if you're hoping that Blizz is going to put you on an eternal pedastal for ANYTHING you do these days, it's not gonna happen.

Stop seeking validation from people on WoW, and do something that actually matters to other people if you want recognition. Otherwise keep doing what you're doing and feel good about yourself, by yourself, contained within yourself, and then remember that you are not special, individuals do not matter, and no one else actually cares about you, me or anyone in this game.
    Last edited by Druidjezus; 2011-06-20 at 10:09 PM.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

I think noteworthy titles should be unobtainable when its no longer current content unless you do it in at the intended character level and ilvl. I agree, H Arthas titles for example should have been removed....and I don't even have one. There are dozens of other titles available in the game, pugs don't need them as freebies....and going back at a higher level is not really experiencing the content, either.

Either way, this topic has been discussed to death dozens of times before and this isn't exactly anything new. I guess I don't care all that much as I just play to enjoy the raiding, which I still do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except it still does take some effort. You don't get old raid mounts and titles just be zoning into the raid. Some of the 100% drop items are also now RNG loot. Your baseball analogy doesn't work for several reasons because we aren't talking about Server first rewards, which is the counterpart of a championship baseball trophy. But about a raid title and mount. It would be like awarding every player that hits 30 home runs with a trophy and a picture in the newspaper. Sure the first that did it is great, but that doesn't mean the rest for the next 10 years should be denied.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

This seems like it's gonna be another one of those omg I'm not special enough threads... in all honesty these titles / mounts have achievements connected to them and connected to the achievement is a date.. be happy that you can show that you did it when it was viable and stop trying to stop others from having fun... remember in the end its just a game and won't really matter at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crying on the forum about almost 1 year old god damn title and mount is not a god damn fix to a problem, it's the beginning of the new fucking problem

15+ Year Old Account
    I should kill you since you breath the same air as me and I was born before you ! (might not be true but you get my point)

Same mentality, especially since you did compare it to IRL. This is a game and all game stays current it's not about anything in the past at all. If you don't have anything special from right NOW then you aren't special

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wafflezlol View Post
    I agree with you, but I should have the current hard title AND the other ones that I earned. I can't even wear light of the dawn anymore, there are so many shit pugs that have it now that all of its value is gone.