Page 1 of 3
LastLast

APB reloading...needs a NASA computer to run

Seriously this game is really nice looking, high tech and has alot going for it, but jesus do we have to get a computer that needs to be able to launch a spaceship in order to run it on reasonable settings. I cant even get it to run properly in lowest low settings and I can run mid-high settings in a 25m wow enviorment just fine.

I'd really like to be able to play this game, sounds exactly like GTA mmo style in my opinion and looks like tons of fun. Just wish I didnt have to dump my paycheck into my computer to play it which probably wont happen for just 1 or 2 games. Later on I will for BF3, star wars bf 3, & planetside next but right now...no

Dont see the issue with making lower graphic settings for people who dont load 1k in one sitting into they're computer in the last week

If you cant run APB reloaded then I doubt you will be able to run very many other games.

I got the same problem. I can run Wow on higher then medium settings. I'd say high but I cant run any of the new games, Black ops, APB etc.
    But then I realised, my computer is over 4 years old and I should maybe buy my own, a new one. With somewhat good speccs.
    So I'll do that and be able to play the games on good settings.

You can't compare running WoW to running other games (specially games like Black ops lol).

WoW is incredibly optimized to work on high settings even on ancient computers. Kudos to Blizzard.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Running WoW on high settings is no acomplishment, remember that this game is over 5 years old..

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, wow is a really old game, so really old pc's can run it. Not really a good game to compare with

My 3 year old pc could run 25m raids at capped fps easily.

I could always compare it to then, I can run MW2 on high settings, but I cant play BO on the lowest.

Ok lets put it this way

I can run oblivion on ultra settings just fine. That beats wow by a longshot and is the lowest of low settings for APB

Honestly if you havent played APB reloaded dont post here. I'm aware I cant run the highest of high games and theres no reason to bash me for it but if you dont know what APB requires you dont understand where I'm coming from

Deleted
    Actually todays normal PC's are like 100 times better as the pc's they used to launch shuttles with. I have no idea what APB is tho.

Downloading client right now, so will see soon with my eyes.
    Taken from official site:
    2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Quad or equivalent AMD x4
    4GB RAM
    GeForce 8800GT 512MB or ATI equivalent
    Windows Vista 64-Bit / Windows 7 64-Bit
    Nothing out of ordinary for me.

Deleted
    I run APB:R with 60-70fps in waterfront on a full 50/50 server.
    ...then again, I don't know how powerful computers NASA use to launch spaceships with. Considering STS-135 program is sending up their last ship next mounth (Atlantis) they are probably not spending a fourtune to upgrade their mainframe

If you have a four year old computer, then it is time to buy a new one for sure =)
    That computer is mostly only useful for surfing and playing games that came out last decade. Such as world of warcraft.

If you have a two year old computer or newer and still have to play on lowest settings then you should consider going from 32 bit to 64 bit OS and get 4+g ram if you havn't already. Next step is to invest in a new (or an additional) graphic card (or a new computer).

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I have no idea what APB is tho.
    All Points Bulletin by Real Time Worlds and now re-launched as APB:Reloaded under Gamersfirst

(think cops-vs-robbers-punkish-shooter-mixed-with-grand-theft-auto-in-a-mmo-setting).

Game went public open beta this week. You should give it a spin. Payment model will be free to download and free to play with optional premium package and microtransactions. They are not going to do a character wipe when they go live

Here is an old video from 2009 that feature some of the [amazing] customization options in APB:R
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WhOTrc5554

And a video that feature handling of the starter car you get as enforcer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vgdXcI54jM
    Last edited by mmoc13a303dfb3; 2011-05-25 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went to go sign up this morning, and start the game. "Like us on facebook for early beta access!"

Then in the dark right below the bright picture (dark grey on black mind you)
    DISCLAIMER: We actually have already given you early access to the Beta, whether you like us on Facebook or not. Just close this browser and click START in the Patcher again. However, it helps us keep the game alive by having a larger community, so we very much appreciate your support of the development team by LIKING us on Facebook. Many thanks from APB Reloaded Development team.
    Already loving the development team already. /sarcasm

fast 5 coming out will probably help this game immensely :P

But I may check it out, looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post
    Went to go sign up this morning, and start the game. "Like us on facebook for early beta access!"

Then in the dark right below the bright picture (dark grey on black mind you)

Already loving the development team already. /sarcasm
    Its in Open beta, just create an account;
    http://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/
    I used to have a signature, then a mod removed it ^^

Playing computer games requires upgrades. Constant upgrades, maintenance and tweaks. 4-5 year old PC's are not meant to play new games at high or greater settings, sometimes not at all. Computer gaming is a hobby and occasionally an expensive one. WoW and Oblivion are ancient when you look at it from a PC timeline PoV and you can't really compare that to newer generation.

You know Apollo 11 was landed on what could be considered a large floppy disk and a processor measured in MHz? So saying it needs a NASA computer is on the ignorant end of things.

The only real set-back is the requirement for a 64-bit OS. Some gamers who have yet to upgrade from XP are kind of screwed since all other aspects of the requirement are easily met and, tbh, rather standard at this point in time. One could purchase a better video card than what is required for <$50 if they don't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Ok lets put it this way

I can run oblivion on ultra settings just fine. That beats wow by a longshot and is the lowest of low settings for APB

Honestly if you havent played APB reloaded dont post here. I'm aware I cant run the highest of high games and theres no reason to bash me for it but if you dont know what APB requires you dont understand where I'm coming from
    Do you have Crysis or Crysis 2? If so, what settings / FPS / etc on them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Ok lets put it this way

I can run oblivion on ultra settings just fine. That beats wow by a longshot and is the lowest of low settings for APB.
    Oblivion was released early 2006.

Post your computer specs, not old games you can play on high graphics.

Deleted
    I can run it on max while running wow just on highish ( Not running the highest shadows and Multisampling )

maybe you should check here what you lack
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Just tried it. Dunno how to see fps, but no slowdowns at all on max settings. Moreover graphics are not really astonishing i must say.