Thread: Lulzsec Busted.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'm glad you're having such a laugh, really I am, it sounds like a party where you are.

But whatever you want to call it, it's unnecessary passive aggressive hate that we could use a lot less of, and supporting it in any way is childish and just plain resentful.
    I'm not supporting it. I'm merely pointing out how wrong you are in the hope you'll become interested in the topic and educate yourself in future before stating an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygersaf View Post
    the 19 year old ran the IRC website thing (not entirley sure what it is) there there are like 10 weets saying he ran that and isnt actually part of lulzsec :P
    It's a chat system many tech-savvy people use consisting of clients and servers. It's like ventrilo but text-based. Or WoW without the rest of the game. And you can also share files over it.

Lulzsec alread replied: (10minutes ago)
    LulzSec The Lulz Boat

Seems the glorious leader of LulzSec got arrested, it's all over now... wait... we're all still here! Which poor bastard did they take down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wickford Essex? Thats like 30 miles if not even less from where I live :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    The Breaking News broadcast which rotates across the top of the BBC website, which is now just Latest news says this;

A UK teenager suspected of being a mastermind behind a notorious international computer hacking group has been arrested in Essex

He's the suspected mastermind.
    Yes but they would say that wouldnt they. Chances are hes a weak link in the chain and knows nohting except his own involvement and the media is making mastermind sounds to reassure the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    The Breaking News broadcast which rotates across the top of the BBC website, which is now just Latest news says this;

A UK teenager suspected of being a mastermind behind a notorious international computer hacking group has been arrested in Essex

He's the suspected mastermind.
    No he isn't. That's some bullshit they're making up for a show.

Lightbulb

Another one got caught today, it's all over the papers. "Teenager Arrested in Computer Crime Scandal", "Hacker Arrested after Bank Tampering"...
    Damn kids. They're all alike.

But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain, ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker? Did you ever wonder what made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?
    I am a hacker, enter my world...
    Mine is a world that begins with school... I'm smarter than most of the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me...
    Damn underachiever. They're all alike.

I'm in junior high or high school. I've listened to teachers explain for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I understand it. "No, Ms. Smith, I didn't show my work. I did it in my head..."
    Damn kid. Probably copied it. They're all alike.

I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me...
    Or feels threatened by me...
    Or thinks I'm a smart ass...
    Or doesn't like teaching and shouldn't be here...
    Damn kid. All he does is play games. They're all alike.

And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found.
    "This is it... this is where I belong..."
    I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...
    Damn kid. Tying up the phone line again. They're all alike...

You bet your ass we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at school when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us willing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.

The Mentor, 1986.

soo just saying lulzsec is apparenetly still around cause they put a new post about this on their twitter lol.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Deleted
    Their Twitter feed 15 mins ago...

''Seems the glorious leader of LulzSec got arrested, it's all over now... wait... we're all still here! Which poor bastard did they take down?''

lol

The amount of "erased" data that can often be retrieved is amazing. There are a lot of very clever computer geeks at scotland yard and the FBI who will be looking at every byte of data on that PC and they WILL find stuff. Ofc the guy will probably serve 6 months of time and then get a job for MI5, the FBI or a rather more secretive intelligence agency.
    they should just send the computer to Gana. Apparently there is a group of people that can retrieve information there that has been erased for years and old things :P they re pretty good at it if you ask me. No wonder why people still lose money with their credit cards on their pocket lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Hope he drops te soap. A lot.
    Dropping the soap is more of a US jail phenomenon.

Also, no single 19 year old being arrested is going to stop them from doing anything. I don't care to guess what he may or may not have done without seeing the evidence, so I wont. The fact is, in online hacking circles you very rarely know the true identity of anyone you work with.
    Last edited by Xelper; 2011-06-21 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    LulzSec The Lulz Boat

Seems the glorious leader of LulzSec got arrested, it's all over now... wait... we're all still here! Which poor bastard did they take down?

16 minutes ago

Looks like its Ryan Cleary who got busted - guy who hacked Anonymous last month
    Lulzsec claim all 6 members are ok, and Ryan Cleary (aka ViraL) wasnt actually part of them

http://anonops.blogspot.com/2011/05/...y-exposed.html

An intelligence lead operation, where the information was available for over a month already :P
    Fast police work :P
    Last edited by IPWNFGZRS; 2011-06-21 at 01:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    One 19 year old child counts as a bust?
    By law you're considered an adult at 18, so he's not a child, he's an adult..

Wanting to do adult illegal stuff, and get bust and tried as an adult

Lets hope he's got a good supplier of "Soap on a rope" so he doesn't have to bend over in the shower.. He'll end up as someones bitch in there and maybe then he'll regret what he's done.

"Don't want to do time? Don't do the crime".

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.
    im going to link a fragment because the whole thing is long. While there are things i like , i kinda disagree with a lot of this write up. One thing is to be curious and acquire more learning and other thing is using that knowledge, exceed the limits and actually target innocent people. i kinda feel this is targeting the government, and what is happening right now has millions civilians involved, they never target only the big boss... they go for everything

10+ Year Old Account
    The quote I linked earlier form channel 4 about hacking the cencus was a lie (suprise Suprise) xD

lulsec are saying they dont even know where the rumor came from :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am thinking they all have very little time left. According to the Web Ninjas blog they passed the personal information about lulz directly to the FBI (names, addresses, personal information etc ) so it may not happen today or tomorrow, but its just a matter of time before they are all toast IMO. I know some people can hide out etc, but they will all eventually be dragged in. I can imagine the CIA not being to happy about their website coming down and some people in higher places making damn sure that some thing is done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by naadra View Post
    I am thinking they all have very little time left. According to the Web Ninjas blog they passed the personal information about lulz directly to the FBI (names, addresses, personal information etc ) so it may not happen today or tomorrow, but its just a matter of time before they are all toast IMO. I know some people can hide out etc, but they will all eventually be dragged in. I can imagine the CIA not being to happy about their website coming down and some people in higher places making damn sure that some thing is done about it.
    Oh please, no one in the group knows who the others actually are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    So many harsh comments. He's just a kid, 19 and thus 'adult' or not, you don't know anything when you're 19. This kid is proof of that. He burned himself so badly.
    This one I'll disagree with. I'm only one and half a year older than that. A 19 year old person knows fully well what kind of trouble he's getting in when doing such things as LulzSec. I am aware that this 19 year old guy actually seems to not be the so-called mastermind, but I'm still saying this from a "if he was" perspective: being 19 is no excuse. He's no child, he's completely aware of the kind of bullshit he's dealing with. He may be young, but that doesn't make him automatically oblivious to consequences of whatever.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2011-06-21 at 02:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    How do we kill that which has no life?

:<