Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidmage View Post
    Only thing i could recommend is moving to a small town/village and you'll most likely find a job, don't plan on getting something quickly in a big town/city though.
    Small towns mean small businesses, stick to big cities up north.

Check with your school's career office. I went to a smaller university and they had programs for studying and working abroad. You could probably tie an abroad study/work program into your electives if your school allows it or provides such a program. They should be able to assist with all the paperwork and job hunting.

Have you checked out gyms? Or retail stores?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Small towns mean small businesses, stick to big cities up north.
    Nothing wrong with small businesses. And as stated by the starter, he doesn't mind starting out on the lower end of his market, so small businesses are within his comfort range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    You will have a tough time finding a job in the UK, the job market is the worst it has been in years.
    This x 100

But that said, as long as you confident and know you will get it and try hard they you will find a job Make sure you have a good resume too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaD1 View Post
    Have you checked out gyms? Or retail stores?
    Why did you bump a 3 week old thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ckwolfe View Post
    Hi,
    I'm currently entering my senior year this fall at my college here in the states. I've lived here all my life but have been wanting to move abroad since I graduated Highschool 3 years ago. I'm beginning to look seriously into jobs and applying etc etc... What I ask of you is any suggestions on how to approach finding a job abroad. I prefer to apply directly (i.e. some sort of interview process with employees working in the area) rather than in the states that has a division in the U.K. Are there programs available? Has anyone here had a similar experience? If it matters, my expertise is in computer science (software development). I also am not doing this for any sort of huge job that pays insanely well; im completely fine with a normal starting job, nothing special. Any and all advice or web links to advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Don't come to the UK mate. I graduated from University with a 1st Class Honors and a Masters Degree in film. I'm fully trained to be a cameraman but the only place that gives me work is at a call centre. The job market is just so awful here.

Funnily enough, I'm the opposite - I'm from the UK and I hate this place and I have long term plans to live and work in the USA, so let's swap lives shall we :P

Quote Originally Posted by Armus View Post
    Don't come to the UK mate. I graduated from University with a 1st Class Honors and a Masters Degree in film. I'm fully trained to be a cameraman but the only place that gives me work is at a call centre. The job market is just so awful here.

Funnily enough, I'm the opposite - I'm from the UK and I hate this place and I have long term plans to live and work in the USA, so let's swap lives shall we :P
    The bolded text might explain why you can't get a job
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    yes I think its safe to say that brother is mad.

Deleted
    Since this thread is from June somewhere and was bumped/necro'd - locking it.