Is it hard to consume criticism?

Whenever I love a particular series like Lucky Star, and alot of other people do, it's quite hard to consume ''real'' criticism of what's wrong with the series.

Anyone else have this problem :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    No. I just calmly let the person know that he has an incorrect opinion.
    I then question his mental capacities and sexual orientation.
    Lol best thing ever nice man.
    And actually it's hella hard to take any kind of critism sadly

It depends. If the criticism is, "It's shit", then I just ignore it.

If it's "I like this aspect of it, but feel this part is lacking and would be better off if they did this", then I'll happily respond with an actual discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    It depends. If the criticism is, "It's shit", then I just ignore it.

If it's "I like this aspect of it, but feel this part is lacking and would be better off if they did this", then I'll happily respond with an actual discussion.
    For the manga of Lucky Star, I would give it a flat 4.0/5 stars. The main con is they seriously need to fire that god awful translator. It's what holds this series back in US.

Sometimes I do, but other times I realize other people's opinions won't effect mine and I don't really care.

It can be difficult, but you just have to recognize that you're biased one way, them another, and that you can respectfully disagree on something.

On TV shows I hear less honest criticism, more "you watch THAT?! It's awful" but eventually you just don't let it get to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

How do you consume criticism?

Just tell them that you're both entitled to your opinion. Then inform them of your opinion of their style of dress or something else they're touchy of. When they get offended say you thought it was opinion sharing day.