Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

retri stats priority

what is it now and what it will be for 4.2 ?

You know, you can find the answer to what it is right now on almost any forum out there, but you brought up a subject we need to start thinking about: 4.2 stats.
    Now, what I'm going to say is pure conjecture, since I didn't run any sims or whatever, but, I think Crit might get better than Mastery, or they can get to pretty much the same value at least.
    Why is that?
    Well, we are going to lose our 2t11, which increases TV damage by 10% which in turn increases our mastery damage.
    We are going to get a new set bonus (the 2t12), that gives extra damage from Crusader Strike, but that is untied to mastery, but can benefit from crits. That's another loss to mastery.
    I'm not sure on this one, but we might be doing less TVs without 4t11, as more holy power will have to go into Inquisition.

Aside from point 3, where I'm not entirely sure, the other 2 alone are definetly blows to mastery's value, what I can't say is how significant they'll be to our gearing.

Strength all the way

Hit>exp>str>mastery>crit>hasteThis will work for most of your scenarios. It does get nor complicated, but if you want that, go read EJ.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Deleted
    Don't forget Stats weights !

If you have an item with 300 Strength+200 Mastery+200 Crit
    and an other item with 305 Strength +200 Crit +200Haste

Choose the first one

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are using http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=69167 in 4.2 Crit will most likely have a higher desire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I think that with the new gear we will obtain that point where reforging and using more and more mastery will not be profitable and we will have to reforge to crit instead.
    Diminishing return.

Quote Originally Posted by hajime View Post
    I think that with the new gear we will obtain that point where reforging and using more and more mastery will not be profitable and we will have to reforge to crit instead.
    Diminishing return.

there is no Dr on mastery, however keeping them balanced isn't a bad thing, as crit also increases the effectivenes of mastery
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

So, mastery all the way then?

Wasn't there some talk about keeping mastery slightly ahead of crit when you have Khaz Apparatus (including taking into account VoA if you have it as well) so that you still get mastery bonus from AoK, but besides that keeping them almost dead even was the best way to go? Been awhile since I scoured the EJ threads (actually... haven't read em since I started playing LoL XD).
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji View Post
    there is no Dr on mastery, however keeping them balanced isn't a bad thing, as crit also increases the effectivenes of mastery
    The point of inflection where Crit=Mastery occurs around about 2300 Mastery and 1500 Crit. Mastery and crit are relatively close in value and reforging into more Crit to support a BiS trinket is most likely going to happen. However because of our limited physical attacks that can trigger the trinket it might turn out to be a shitty trinket for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Str > hit > exp > mastery > crit > haste

Deleted
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=69167+http://www.wowhead.com/item=69113
    both kinda favours crit, but at least you should have more mastery rating than crit so your usetrinket adds mastery;
    keep the balance to somewhat like crit:master=1:1,3 to 1:1,5

at least that is my plan (no real theorycrafting behind that, it just makes sense to me)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laere View Post
    Str > hit > exp > mastery > crit > haste
    ^current situation.

so for firelands it might just change to
    Str > hit > exp > mastery >= crit > haste

10+ Year Old Account
    why is haste bad ? it reduces the cooldown of crusader strike.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    It's bad cause there isnt enough to get CS to 3 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    Why is sugar unhealthy? - it's yummy!

Deleted
    gem only str >hit>exp>mastery>crit>haste

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    It's bad cause there isnt enough to get CS to 3 sec.
    Or at least not close enough to make a 1 filler rotation useful.

i dunno i had a talk with requital a while back that this tier may be time to start doing single orange sockets wtih mast / str for 10 str bonuses. atleast once sulfuras is in play, and most definetly with 4 pce. Anyhow as a result of the 4pce and longer zeal, it think everything will stay relatively the same.