[Help] Picking A Gaming Laptop, £600 Budget

So... its getting hot now and i dont really wanna be cooped up in my bedroom. So im looking to spend a good £600 on a laptop that can play games (Resident evil 5, WoW, Crysis 2) you get the idea . Does anyone know any nice laptops that can do that? id like the 15.9 inch screen ones if i could. Was looking at the Acer Aspire 5820T i5 laptop (if anyone has this how does it run games) i believe it has the radeon 5650 GTX tho not 100%.

Deleted
    Crysis 2 is a bit of a stretch for such a budget laptop. I think you might be asking too much.

AMDs Ilano APUs will be hitting the market round about now and they offer pretty decent gaming performance for a laptop. It can achieve 30+ FPS in most modern games if you play at a lower resolution. (Review: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...-apu,2959.html )

But a 16" screen is like what, 1600x900? That's pretty demanding for a 600 pound notebook.

Here's one that might float your boat, although the GPU is quite weak: http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/l...repro2540.html
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2011-06-27 at 10:15 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could get a laptop on that budget.... but it won't be a real "gaming" laptop. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how much electronics are in England but I know for a fact that $600 US/Can is very limited for a gaming laptop. Not a huge fan of Acer or new HP from my experiences they've been shady quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesjr View Post
    Not sure how much electronics are in England but I know for a fact that $600 US/Can is very limited for a gaming laptop. Not a huge fan of Acer or new HP from my experiences they've been shady quality.
    600£ is like 950usd. however still very limited.

10+ Year Old Account
    £599.99 Inc VAT

Alternatively you can chat with Live Chat and tell them a build you'd like and get them to build it for you. Might not be able to get the exact specs (pretty unlikely seeing as not everything on a desktop translates into a laptop) but you can get pretty close.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-06-27 at 10:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by svettleif View Post
    600£ is like 950usd. however still very limited.
    But stuff in the UK is also more expensive. So while it might be worth 950 USD it's about the equivalent of 700-800 USD.

I'd really recommend to wait for Ilano to hit the markets. It's pretty much exactly what you're looking for OP and will in the least, lead to a price-drop on Intel CPUs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    But stuff in the UK is also more expensive. So while it might be worth 950 USD it's about the equivalent of 700-800 USD.
    Dunno thats not strictly true...

Most of the builds that work out at $700 and $1000 work out pretty much £700 and £1000 respectively give or take £50.
    With tech the general rule is assume a 1:1 conversion ratio. For example the i7 2600k is more expensive but the RAM is much cheaper. apparntly so are our CPU Coolers.

15.9 inch scree is like... 1366 x 768. Or my hp pavilion is :P so in run games at 720p what isnt that much of a stretch. I know £600 isnt alot and could probs go abit higher. its just to get me out of my room from time to time so i aint copped up in the heat :P can go in garden and relax or downstairs on sofa or even when i go out ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    could get a nice room air conditioner for well under what you listed
    and if you are thinking about playing outside with a laptop forget it especially with a glossy screen you wont be able to see shit