Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hymn of Hope Bug

Seeing as the official site isn't letting me log in, I'm posting this here.

Over and over again, in Firelands, only in combat, I can't seem to cast Hymn of Hope. It instantly cancels. Out of combat, fine, in combat, insta-cancel. Anyone else having this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

From what I could tell on the PTR(and what happened during raid today), HoH would cancel if I tried to cast it immediately after popping shadowfiend. If I waited a global or two, HoH would go off fine. If I didn't pop sfiend before, HoH would go off fine.

I just used a Hymn of Hope independently, and it seemed to work fine. But I can't attest to tying it with Shadowfiend.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

no i notice the same thing i would pop shadowfieds and HoH would get 1 tick and than cancel itself.....very annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    no i notice the same thing i would pop shadowfieds and HoH would get 1 tick and than cancel itself.....very annoying
    My HoH didn't even get a tick, even with Heroism. I'd cast it and in less than 1/4 sec it'd cancel.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah cool, maybe that's because they fixed the lightwell so it doesn't cancel channels and introduced a new bug in the meanwhile. I hope that DH is working at least.

Call it wild speculation, but it sounds like it's getting interrupted by Shadowcrawl being cast, as though you were the one who was casting it...either way, report the bug and hopefully it gets fixed sooner rather than later =\
    Of course, if it's happening without Shadowfiend up then it's something else entirely..

10+ Year Old Account
    Same problem, and that tied with the mana tide nerd + no innervate made me a sad priest tonight

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

I noticed the same thing; it seemed to only happen when i double clicked the spell though; i'd suggest making sure you click it once? i think it cancels itself on second click

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    I noticed the same thing; it seemed to only happen when i double clicked the spell though; i'd suggest making sure you click it once? i think it cancels itself on second click
    I don't click twice...

It happens to Divine Hymn right after Shadowfiend too. Rather annoying.

Cast independently, Hymn of Hope works fine. It's with the Shadowfiend that you get problems. So yeah, report dat ass... I mean that bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    So thats how Blizzard intents to not let our mana regen go out of control...
    Last edited by Ynna; 2011-06-29 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Hopefully using italics will make it clearer I'm joking.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

If anything, it has to be a bug from changing the channeling spell's code to work with Lightwell.

Talked to a GM about it, he said it's a known issue and that another trigger of it is switching targets while channeling. Though I channeled and switched targets like crazy, and nothing happened...

Last edited by Vook; 2011-06-29 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks vook!
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

it must be a big bug seeing as it hasn't been hot-fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Tonight I was casting Shadow Fiend and then I counted in my head to 3 seconds and casted HoH and it didn't get interrupted, but if I did it right away it did.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Had the same thing, Only on Shannox tho.. But i think the fights didnt last long enough for me to do it. As I always use Fiend first, then Potion of concentration (mid fight ish), and when my Fiends comes off CD, i use it together with HoH. Our shadow priest that went holy experienced the same bug.

Deleted
    Ahh, I like these posts. I felt I was either lagging or getting some aoe damage. Well, at least the first few times.. then it was more like Blizzard was taunting me. "Hymn of Hope again buddy.. go on.. try it..."