Thread: [10] Alysrazor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Any specific pattern to the tornades? I'm going to check out some videos but was wondering if anyone could mention the proper way to avoid them. I'm usually good at avoiding stuff like that, I avoided the first couple that came by and then it seems like a wall came and raped me..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiznitz View Post
    Any specific pattern to the tornades? I'm going to check out some videos but was wondering if anyone could mention the proper way to avoid them. I'm usually good at avoiding stuff like that, I avoided the first couple that came by and then it seems like a wall came and raped me..
    The best way I found to avoid them fairly easily is to start running behind one after it passes you. Once another one passes you on either side (going in your same direction) then just move over and run behind that. Rinse and repeat.

There's about 8 tornadoes, they all go in a circle, 4 going one direction and 4 going the other direction. There's a pretty clear pattern, you can either dodge them by standing in one spot moving back and forth, or go through a fire ring and follow behind one with the speed buff.

Those tips make sense. Thanks, will forward the message and kill it tonight.

We ended up two healing this for our kill. I am not sure if its entirely necessary or helpful, since we didn't ever reach an enrage timer (though one person said their dbm indicated one minute left after our second "burn phase." Nonetheless we only had one person in the air. We used a shadow priest, though ideally I would think an arcane mage would really cheese it, but we had two pug mages, both who seemed to fail horribly at the air mechanics (doing crappy dps as well as dying numerous times). We were still barely getting the add down in time for the tornadoes (on the side with 2 dps).

I do see the rings on the ground during tornados but I haven't figured out a smooth way of being able to get to them, it seems you only have a few seconds before they disappear.

3 healing seems unnecessary unless your dps fails at avoiding ground damage a lot. The mana gain during burn phase allows healers to spam their biggest heals most of the time, but due to the add mechanics its dangerous to ever stop casting on the tank to heal other players. Keeping an eye on the add that your tank is tanking is important to recognize when it is hungry, which means it could enrage at any moment. The enraged add is generally unhealable without a cooldown for more than a couple seconds, so the tanks will need a good strategy for getting them fed at the right time.

Deleted
    1 - Yes the tanks should be able to handle the hatchlings themselves. I was doing around 120k DPS whilst our feral tank was doing around 100k. Once the tanks know they have to focus on nuking you should be fine.

2 - The fieroblasts put a dot on the player they hit that does a lot of damage, we resorted to putting one reliable interupter on each. Kitty and Warrior DPS in our raid.

3 - We just had our hunter in the air, initially we had our warrior go up too but it was a lot easier having him handle fieroblasts. No idea on the percentage though. I believe we did 3 burn phases with the 3rd being the one that kept Alys grounded.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 12:58 AM ----------

Just running at a right angle to them works fine. It helps a lot if everyone can pickup feathers though.

quick question, my guild is havin trouble with rhyloth specially with turning the legs so we were thinking of trying this boss first, is it easier or harder than the other guy

Quote Originally Posted by Desdonde View Post
    quick question, my guild is havin trouble with rhyloth specially with turning the legs so we were thinking of trying this boss first, is it easier or harder than the other guy
    I personally killed ryolith today after two hours in a 10 man group because of the same problem, but once we used 2 tanks we 1 shot it.
    Btw we wiped 2 hours on alystrazor now and we only got to the tornado face but with 2 hatchlings alive. any tips on that?
    We use 3 healers 2 tanks 1 dps on top and 4 on bottom
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imtor/advanced

Grimtor - Protection warrior - The maelstrom EU.

You are having 4 DPS fly up? That's way too many, you only need 1-2 to go up. Birds should be at 10% or lower when fiery tornadoes phase starts happening, tanks should do majority of damage to them via using lava worms on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Desdonde View Post
    We had that problem to, the problem in the begining is that you need alot of dps on the leg to make him turn cause of the 80% dmg reduction.
    Our setup was: 1 tank, 3 healers, 6dps (2 melee, 4range)
    We put 2 dps on killing the bigg add (1 mage & 1lock) and doing some aoe on the smaller adds. The rest of us nuked the legs, later in the fight when we hit 50% dmg reduction another dps helped with killing of the adds just to lower the dmg on the tank so our healers would have it alitle easier.

After that it was just about getting him to walk on enough volcanos so his stacks dropped and we got him down to 25%. The last phase shouldnt be a problem, just chain your raid cds - blow lust/heroism and nuke him down.. He dont have that much hp so he goes down fairly easy.

Spidy aint hard either, its just about managing adds in p1 and p2 is just a dps race.

Quote Originally Posted by Matik View Post
    You are having 4 DPS fly up? That's way too many, you only need 1-2 to go up. Birds should be at 10% or lower when fiery tornadoes phase starts happening, tanks should do majority of damage to them via using lava worms on them.
    I said 1 on top 4 on bottom, how did you get 4 dps fly up from that?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imtor/advanced

Grimtor - Protection warrior - The maelstrom EU.

Dunno how I misread that, but I did :P

We would just send up our mage to fly around, meanwhile the rest of the raid would try to grab at least 1 feather on her 2nd and 3rd "Fly-over", giving everyone a 15 minute run speed increase as well as the ability to cast while moving...makes the tornado phase trivial. Don't get 3 feathers though, as then you'll start to fly with the 20 second flight buff, but 2 will give a faster run speed increase than just 1. Of course, this is for the 10 man version, I have no idea how many feathers she drops in the 25 man version so it might not be feasible to have the whole raid get feathers in 25.

I know it seems obvious, but my guild was misinformed about the feather mechanic and thought they were only meant for the flying dps...it's almost embarrassing to think we did a couple of attempts before someone yelled in Vent "Hey this feather buff lasts 15 minutes!!! OMG"

After we got our kill apparently the warlock didn't even know he could cast while moving with the buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimtor View Post
    Btw we wiped 2 hours on alystrazor now and we only got to the tornado face but with 2 hatchlings alive. any tips on that?
    With 4 DPS down there is no way you should have 4 hatchlings alive if your tanks are playing properly. DPS, especially DoT DPS should help when the ycan. However it is 90% on your tanks to put out the proper DPS, it helps a lot if they take the extra step to reglyph/respec/reforge for extra DPS. I even went so far as to buy the hit trinket from justice so I was nearly hit capped and I went for all out DPS, killed my add with 0 help with ~20 seconds to spare. One might say that's overkill but remember, more DPS = less tantrums so on this fight DPS stats are indirectly survival stats.