Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

Faction Change to get new raid lock on Heroic, bannable?

Yes I wasn't going to post this but hell what...
    Stars already kill Shannox on Heroic like 15 minute ago.
    How?
    FYI: Faction Change now resets your raid lock. Yes, Stars Faction Change-d to get a new raid lock and killed Shannox on Heroic and it's 12am here so if they raid as normal, we may see another Heroic kill in the morning or EVEN Ragnaros down by the weekend.
    Back in ToC and ICC times some guilds FCed to get a free 50 attempt, which wowprogress didn't consider it right, but since the limited attempts system is gone, I don't yet know what do they stand on this.
    Gonna post this on the official forums.

EDIT:
    Horde guild page: http://tw.battle.net/wow/zh/guild/水晶之刺/Stars/, all main raid members gone, with guild news disabled
    new guild on Alliance: http://tw.battle.net/wow/zh/guild/水晶之刺/魔獸軍團 all core raid members in, with guild news also disabled

EDIT2:
    You have to consider it that patches go live 2 days later than US on TW servers, and myself consider it as a clever use of game mechanic, but really, not encouragable.

EDIT3:
    Faction Change is now in maintainance across all regions.
    Last edited by digmouse; 2011-06-30 at 07:04 PM. Reason: add source

Deleted
    :O!!!!!!!!!!

In EU faction and/or server change doesn't reset one's instance lockouts. This was added during ICC when flexible raid lockout system was implemented.

i wouldnt say bannable really as they all have to pay blizz money to xfer but it is a slight abuse of the system, blizz could of thought about it and if your locked you stay lock no matter of the xfer or not.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    This is rather sad. Considering how hard Stars always moralised about others using grey area methods of killing bosses. Like feral stacking at Nef HC (which was in no way any sort of exploit lets keep that out). Yes this in no way is an exploit but rather blantant spitting into face of sportmanship. I at least don't count any of their HC kills as world first no matter how much they are gonna rub it. If this is true of course.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Deleted
    Clever use of game mechanics, keep the tears flowing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    This is rather sad. Considering how hard Stars always moralised about others using grey area methods of killing bosses. Like feral stacking at Nef HC (which was in no way any sort of exploit lets keep that out). Yes this in no way is an exploit but rather blantant spitting into face of sportmanship. I at least don't count any of their HC kills as world first no matter how much they are gonna rub it. If this is true of course.
    I dont think they did it to increase their popularity in finland.

What a waste of money.

any links ?
    Laughing so much, you laugh silent and end up clapping like a retarded seal.

I doubt very much that this is bannable, probably considered "clever use of game mechanics" and all of that...

If we had done this, so many people here would be screaming for us to be banned and shit by now quite ironic really!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephe View Post
    I dont think they did it to increase their popularity in finland.
    Damnit! Just as I thought it was Stars' main goal. Why did you have to say it out loud?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, actually when you think about it, it is quite smart to do so.

Is it bannable? No! Reset while faction changing has been in since they implemented it. Smart usage of "Game Mechanism"? Yes.

Other top guilds will most likely do it now as well.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Quote Originally Posted by Ghojac View Post
    In EU faction and/or server change doesn't reset one's instance lockouts. This was added during ICC when flexible raid lockout system was implemented.
    This is not true (edit: in the US, at least), our DK needed one more fragment for Shadowmourne at the end of one of our ICC runs, so he faction changed and paid (with gold) the top Horde guild on our server for the final fragment.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-06-30 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadle View Post
    If we had done this, so many people here would be screaming for us to be banned and shit by now quite ironic really!
    Haha yeah, I have to agree, people are too biased to Paragon these days(no offence).
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's true - it's very sad. It just shows us that STARS is the guild that don't wanna do the face-to-face race with Paragon, method and such guilds. Because they are feared they are too bad?

Sad... where is the competition in doing things like this?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's just poor sport right there

but I do agree it is a clever use of mechanic's

This destroys the whole ''competing thing'' -.-

I had respect from there yogg Zero but bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysopoeia View Post
    If it's true - it's very sad. It just shows us that STARS is the guild that don't wanna do the face-to-face race with Paragon, method and such guilds. Because they are feared they are too bad?

You mean like Holy Wrath Anub 25man?

Point is, guilds will always and have always done like this, and besides this is not an exploit of any kind(I know you didn't say it) but just something that have been in for awhile already.

We just have to trust Blizzard's heroic tuning so you actually need that bit of gear to progress and this "Faction Change" thing won't make that any difference but Shannox.

*Degenerative Casuals

Wow, that is dedication to raiding if you want to spend money to faction change just to get a new lock. I think most say you cant, which I am sure is true. It is an abuse of system but shoot funny Blizz would not let you do this. More money!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysopoeia View Post

Fan boy should wake up.

Stars got the world first on the only 10man fight that wasn't drastically, and significantly overtuned for 10man fight. ( Like having the 25man settings on 10man.)

So yea, wake up from your delusions.

(User was infracted for this post)
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2011-07-01 at 11:56 AM.