Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidreality View Post
    What are you waiting for? Your statement is ambiguous and does not explain anything except that you think you are witty without having to expose yourself by making any sort of explanation. If you are infering to the fact that i did not clearly define that i meant only parts of the code would be in another language, well, my bad. I gave you more credit than it seems was warrented. If it is something else then please enlighten me.
    Games aren't in a different language based on their localization, which is what you were implying with your statement. The thought that the code needs to be translated into Taiwanese for it to work is hilarious.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

My opinion: what they did was wrong. Blizzard has explicitly stated that ID's should move with you in a faction change. They didn't want people doing the heroic mode content this week, and that is evident through the fact that they locked it after this incident, AND through the fact that they don't want the faction exploit happening by explicitly stating that raid ID's should move with you.

Some guy said developer intent doesn't matter. So, if developers said they don't want people one-shotting a boss, yet a player finds a way to exploit the client so he one-shots the boss with an autoattack, his guild should get world first because their intent doesn't matter?

Blizzard clearly stated their intention and their stance and Stars circumvented it. They knew that Blizzard was against it, yet when they found out they could circumvent what Blizzard had meant to implement, they proceeded to faction change. Basically what they did was rob a house when the lock happened to be broken. The lock was meant to keep robbers out yet it wasn't working. That doesn't mean that anyone should be allowed to break in and steal stuff.

And finally, people are saying this should be fair due to the different reset days for each region. US has Tuesday, EU has Wednesday, TW has Thursday. People are saying that's an unfair advantage. Yet look at wowprogress for Tier 11. How's it stack up? The top 4 are EU and the fifth is TW, Stars. The US, despite having the earliest reset, doesn't come in till 6th place. So in my opinion, it seems that Stars, given their past performance, does well despite the fact that it's a full 48 hours after US.

A lot of the people in this thread make me sick.

Look at it from a moral point of view not a 'gaming the system lol im awesome zomg' point of view.

Blizzard gated (for lack of a better word) heroics for 1 week at least by making you clear normal first. There was NO WAY AROUND THIS in game. STARS got around it by paying for an unrelated service that had a side effect of allowing to bypass the gate, make no mistake, NOT EVERYONE could take advantage of this service, it is an unintended side effect that only occurs on TW servers, making it an unfair advantage. While this may not 'break a specific rule' (although it does) it goes against the SPIRIT OF THE GAME, which any REAL gamer knows is very important when you're taking on world firsts.

They shouldn't be banned but they should be locked out for however many days they spent in heroic mode after the reset to allow other top tier guilds an equal amount of time. That would solve everything and put everyone back on equal footing without banning anyone.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post

They shouldn't be banned but they should be locked out for however many days they spent in heroic mode after the reset to allow other top tier guilds an equal amount of time. That would solve everything and put everyone back on equal footing without banning anyone.
    So by that reasoning the patch should be delayed until the TW servers get the patch and have reset? Just checking.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Toskorae View Post
    Exodus' Yogg0 kill included a "loophole"
    Ensidia's LK25 kill included a "loophole"

Just because they managed to find a way to get around the system doesn't mean the system will just let them do it.
    Yeah, this isn't like matrix where some of the laws can be bent, and others can be broken. In this world you get punished if you do that

STARS should not belongs to TW server , they are those fuxking MainLandChina worker rush in and ruin TW server , STARTS should just banned from TW server totally

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vkei View Post
    STARS should not belongs to TW server , they are those fuxking MainLandChina worker rush in and ruin TW server , STARTS should just banned from TW server totally
    And you should be banned from WOW till your IQ raises above the room temperature

Does no one remember TOGC when guilds were server/faction hopping every week to practice insanity more? Blizz didnt stop that why would they stop this.

Quote Originally Posted by lamperouqe View Post
    eu is just as much ahead of tw as us is ahead of eu.
    Quote Originally Posted by lamperouqe View Post
    us is ahead of eu.
    ahahhahahahahahahahahha

Quote Originally Posted by daraiki View Post
    and you should be banned from wow till your iq raises above the room temperature
    lolololololol

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think it's a grey area, in that they're not cheating to KILL a boss, just cheating to get to the boss earlier while killing it using normal methods.

That said, I think it was colossally dumb of them to spend all that money when Blizzard was sure to intervene, plus no one would take their world firsts seriously since they had an unfair head start.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    This is rather sad. Considering how hard Stars always moralised about others using grey area methods of killing bosses. Like feral stacking at Nef HC (which was in no way any sort of exploit lets keep that out). Yes this in no way is an exploit but rather blantant spitting into face of sportmanship. I at least don't count any of their HC kills as world first no matter how much they are gonna rub it. If this is true of course.
    That one is easy to figure, that's because you're a finnish Paragon fanboi and I even got a clip about you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5fQZhv0poU

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-07-03 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Good, pack of hypocrites. They made such a huge deal out of Atramedes and then they go ahead and pull a stunt like this, fully knowing that EU and US couldn't do it.
    What do you mean they 'Couldn't do It'? Of course they could do it, and either they chose not to (Unlikely) or just straight up forgot.

So much drama, totally unexpected for week 1 of the release. Another thing to add to the exploits vs "clever use of mechanics" discussion:

- Exodus yogg 0: exploit- guardians should not attack people still in the brain room
    - Heroic Anub: clever mechanics: ok there should have been some DR on the adds but .... tricky
    - Saronite bombs: exploit- the platform should not have been able to be reformed. A GM probably looked at it and clearly felt that it was abuse nothing accidental
    - Heroic Atramedes: exploit- although this one I believe was generally accepted to be ok due to the broken mechanics overall. Just some guilds used more exploits than others ...
    - Heroic Nef: clever mechanics- sure taking so many of a specific class is rather crazy but class stacking has been around for so long even back in vanilla when you took shitloads of mages and rogues
    - Sinestra: from what I remember Paragon told GMs instantly that they were almost one shotting the boss and it got changed

On a side note though, the fact that Blizzard CHANGED some aspects of the fight during or even after a kill is crazy. Having two different Nefarians was just stupid.

Now lets look at the faction changing side of things. This isnt the first time a guild has done this .... a la Ensidia as wowprogress I believe has shown. Some guilds did it in ICC too. The only reason STARS are getting destroyed is because they are doing it before the bosses should even become available so this really cannot be considered an exploit. An exploit is something you manipulate DURING the encounter.

Personally I can see why STARS did it. They had pretty much zero change to get that world first otherwise. I would imagine that 3 of the 7 heroic bosses go down on heroic on Tue probably from Premonition. Clearly them and a number of other guilds are being smart and testing different things in prep for heroic modes as well as farming trash epics/rep. If STARS had been smart they would have kept quiet ... although I dont know if the GM threw them out the instance before or after the SS was out.

Your raid IDs dont always reset when you faction transfere but this has been around for a while. Blizzard should have sorted this out to avoid this sort of thing. Eventually someone was going to do it ... guess it was STARS. Although we didnt really expect them to be the ones. Good job guys on bending the system, having the balls to do it and technically get a world first. Although you have pretty much shown the definition of hypocrisy by doing it. They wont have an advantage even doing this now even if they did test a number of bosses on heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aydar478 View Post
    ahahhahahahahahahahahha
    Not sure what you're getting at there Aydar

Quote Originally Posted by Selkon View Post
    Yes and athene actually got banned at level 79 for a period which lost him the world first.
    Um.........................................what?
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    What do you mean they 'Couldn't do It'? Of course they could do it, and either they chose not to (Unlikely) or just straight up forgot.
    Because it got fixed in EU/US servers. Even the Q/A section states that your raid ID shouldn't reset when you FC. Get your facts straight before posting

Deleted
    They made a kill by logical thinking and using the thing where others didn't thought about. It's not that they used a big glitch which made the boss like 200 times more easier then hogger so they made a kill on hc which imo was a fair kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballentine View Post
    They made a kill by logical thinking and using the thing where others didn't thought about. It's not that they used a big glitch which made the boss like 200 times more easier then hogger so they made a kill on hc which imo was a fair kill.
    Shure, it was fair PTR kill.

i like how nobody's congratulated them on a KILL, who gives a sh*t how they did it, since they didnt exploit the boss itself, f*cking congratz em, quit ur QQ'ing and move on, lol. they were willing to drop cash to get a first kill, thats it, they didnt exploit anything, everyone here is just bitching cause they didnt think of it first, lol so the logical thing to do is bash on a non english speaking guild, of course, lol assholes.