Poll: Call of Duty:MW3 or Battlefield 3?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    mw3 is like wow.... same sheat agen... over and over and over agen

hate me if you want.... but is true

BF3 to go

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy both games.

However, I'm far better at BF, so Battle Field 3 is going to my game of choice. Honestly, I don't even know if I'll pick up MW3. Probably just borrow it off a friend for the storyline and then be done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like both CoD and BF series and will being buying both MW3 and BF3 when they come out.
    i feel sorry for fanboys who can not enjoy both. Having both games will keep me entertained for quite a while

10+ Year Old Account
    no competition, its battlefield 3, that one is always gonna top the charts, MW has small time focus assualts with a great following, dont get me wrong, i love the campaign, but i cant STAND the multiplayer

however BF3 seems like its going to be fantastic, judging from past bf games, their combat system has been.. well.. fantastic.. am with the destroyable world in bf3, whole skyscrapers falling over, (not unlike bfbc2) but much better, basically what im saying, is that everything about bf3 is better than the new mw game XD

Deleted
    I will be buying Battlefield 3. I am trying to keep it clean so do not troll or flame me please :P

Call of Duty was fun until Modern Warfare. I do not count Treyarch's CoD wannabee World at War and Black Ops, the only fun things those two games brought are the zombie modes. The thing about CoD is, that I absolutely dislike Activision's approach to gamers. They recycle the same engine for 12 years now and they only put higher-res textures in (and maybe new animations in MW and MW), story was good in most of CoD games (did not play 3rd one since that was released only on consoles). What I dislike in latest (or mainly Treyarch's) CoD games is the scripting (in Black Ops you literally could not go ahead or you would be killed and the automatic respawn was the stupidest thing ever put in a game; Treyarch came with it - another awesome idea of them).

What I really do not like about CoD (or Activision I would say) that it is trying to put something like Counter-Strike has, that means social implementation and other things like clans etc., with that difference that you will need to pay monthly to fully experience the so called CoD ELiTE and do not even mention dozen of DLCs. And now they came up with CoD Expo (BlizzCon like - only less awesome :P). For multiplayer part, sure CoD has really fun MP but I think thats all, braindead shooting and absolutely no need for tactics.

For Battlefield 3, you would think I am going to praise it here or something, it surely has its flaws. For instance implementation of CoD-like singleplayer campaign. I say CoD-like not because of gfx or animations, auto-heal (which is everywhere nowadays :P) but scripting and rambo feeling. But what really is better than CoD here is the destruction of your surroundings and also awesome looking engine Frostbite 2.

For multiplayer part I simply love using vehicles and need for tactics, because if you go rambo and one man army in BF... you are a dead man.

Deleted
    BF3 without a moments thought otherwise.

MW is the same rehashed game over and over. Hope it does terribly this year and people instead buy better, more interesting, different games from other publishers for the good of the industry.

MW is the same rehashed game over and over. Hope it does terribly this year and people instead buy better, more interesting, different games from other publishers for the good of the industry.
    As iv said about a million times before, COD is just as much as a rehash as BF3 will be. No new game changing mechanics are being introduced into bf3.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    As iv said about a million times before, COD is just as much as a rehash as BF3 will be. No new game changing mechanics are being introduced into bf3.
    BF3 will have Frostbite 2, thats a start. DICE also admited that the console cant graphically compare to the PC because of limited capabilities but they will push it as hard as they can.

jets are also new to console warfare, going kamikazee is the funniest thing on tanks and campers. the destruction is much better than BFBC2. im seeing a lot of engeniering improvement on DICE's end.

Well, the wookies are gone sort of.

As much as I am in agreement with your premise, BF3 does have some new mechanics. At the forefront of this is the gunners ability to lay down cover fire, which will blur the enemies view. Then they have a flashlight which if held steady at close range for a period of time on the target can blind the enemy briefly. Not to mention fast movers are new piloted vehicles.

Now before this starts a war and we start tossing around opinions and become irrational, I think they both are the same sort of a story recreated each time with a new twist. Obviously BF3 has a new engine driving it and that is cool but I still like MW3s graphics as well because of the game style. It works on both ends for each game.

Anyways, I don't know if MW3 has any new game changers coming down the pipe but I think the flashlight and cover fire are pretty unique game changers being added into the fold. Sort of adds a support/cc element that goes beyond grenades.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2011-07-06 at 12:59 AM.

BF3 will have Frostbite 2
    You guys say this but then point out how MW3 will use a upgraded version of the IW4 engine that MW2 used, isnt this the Same exact thing?

You guys say this but then point out how MW3 will use a upgraded version of the IW4 engine that MW2 used, isnt this the Same exact thing?
    No, sadly it is not.

The IW engine is still based on the id tech 3 (quake3) engine. It just updates each game to have new features like high detail textures and whatnot which we will see in mw3.

Frostbite 2 is actually a whole new engine, not just an update from frostbite. It takes advantage of everything a PC can use such as shaders, physics, Dx11, etc.

BFB-Company was frostbite BFBC2/Medal of honor was frostbite 1.5. BF3 is frostbite 2, the collective experience of all their past games, good or bad. The point is, DICE was always looking to upgrade, improve and try new things.

Deleted
    Have you seen the trailer for MW3? It is garbage! Only New York is nice if we talk about graphics, but its the same Old bullshit.
    Helicopters everywhere DERP and ofc they survive, everything misses your helicopter, Sorry but MW3 is da poop

BF 3 all the way, no real contest imho.

Deleted
    No, too bad, see my other post and you'll see what most of us mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErChx...e_gdata_player

Look at the comparison, the feel of it, the look of it.

Even the CoD rapper admits 2 newb tube and drop shotting bad "kids" all day.

Did you see the "12 min of battlefield"? After a fire fight they sound off

Soldier 1: are you all alright?
    S2: I'm alright
    S3 and 4: yeah I'm alright
    S5: I f$&@ed up but I'm alright.

BF gives you this certain sence of comraderry between the player and AI. I like the idle chit chat in BFBC1 and 2. Made the game pop out a little more than it already does.

The people saying you need no tactics for MW are 100% correct... but God help you if you run into a clan that uses them.. I.e. Easy/19k/DomD. They don't kill for fun, they kill to take souls. (I'm in 19k, so I'm no fanboy)As for which game is 'better'; BF3's new engine is drool worthy. But NOTHING is funner than drunken zombie night. The argument is all about biases, because nothing from either game makes the player go 'iHoly titdirt Batman..' imo at least. The last game to do that was call of duty 2 (best in the franchise.)For me, I will be getting both and playing both equally - can't wait!EDIT: neither are realistic. Just recently returning from 30 minutes SE of Kandahar, I can without thought say neither comes close. Terrible argument for either side lol
    Last edited by Diggypoo; 2011-07-06 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggypoo View Post
    The people saying you need no tactics for MW are 100% correct... but God help you if you run into a clan that uses them.. I.e. Easy/19k/DomD. They don't kill for fun, they kill to take souls. (I'm in 19k, so I'm no fanboy)As for which game is 'better'; BF3's new engine is drool worthy. But NOTHING is funner than drunken zombie night. The argument is all about biases, because nothing from either game makes the player go 'Holy titdirt Batman..' imo at least. The last game to do that was call of duty 2 (best in the franchise.)For me, I will be getting both and playing both equally - can't wait!
    Zombies is 3arc. MW3 did announce an "onslought" mode that kinda made me laugh because BFBC2 did it 1st.

Also, BF3 will be a co-op game and they will have video recording capability. About time I say

Depends on how cheap the weapons on battlefield are going to be. Battlefield 2 was perfect, Bad Company 1 was decent but the 2 was garbage IMO. Battlefield 1943 was awesome and those are all the ones I ever played. Even if I did not end up enjoying it I would probably still get it over CoD, game needs to go or change it up. Sometimes whats popular is not always the best or even quality as seen in the music industry.