Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I play the game because I find it fun, I don't care what Paragon does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishmad View Post
    To be honest what is the actual point here?

Aren't Paragon free to do what they want?
    Not if it's against the Terms of Use.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a game. I'd love any oppurtunity to get payed for playing it.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I remember back in the day, when you played games for fun.

Good times...
    I remember even further back, when not only did you play games for fun, but you didn't care how other people played them!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the "Paragon are sellouts!"-part of this. They will still continue to aim for world firsts, they'll still be nice to others, and nothing will change with their raiding part.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne View Post
    Seriously, these losers raid for 10+hours to claim world firsts and them "selling out" in your eyes surprise you? I wish Blizzard would bring a 90 min per boss policy for the first 8 weeks of a new raid patch.
    Stop being jealous because you can't kill Ragnaros or any other boss for that matter. You haven't killed a single boss in Cataclysm and yet you act all mighty and call someone else a loser?

I wish players like you would stop being jealous and stop calling someone else a loser. I have 13/13hc and killed Ragnaros the first day, I got job and a GF. Let me guess you got nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhinkis View Post
    idd Greed was my favourite in FMA to bad that he died. :/
    Dude, Greed was easily the best character in that show. Envy at a close second.

Also, on topic, if they're really about to be some server hopping guild and takes real currency for achievements and the like, then that's just pathetic. My faith in humanity has been zero for years, so it can't drop any lower, but it would if it could.
    I accidentally my signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I remember even further back, when not only did you play games for fun, but you didn't care how other people played them!
    this this 1000 times this. Those were the days...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne View Post
    Seriously, these losers raid for 10+hours to claim world firsts and them "selling out" in your eyes surprise you? I wish Blizzard would bring a 90 min per boss policy for the first 8 weeks of a new raid patch.

I thought the OP was stupid and then I saw this.

It's not my place to speculate, and whatever the guild Dream did (or did not) do when it existed does not define our partnership with the Dream organization.

Our partnership focuses on mutual out-of-game support and promotion, and it has very little impact on what we actually do in-game other than what our name is. And to be clear: this support is not bought by shady actions, but shown for doing what we are passionate about, and as it seems, quite proficient at.

Deleted
    So much ignorance in this thread.

Paragon the guild, website and community entered into a partnership with a entity called Dream. That's all. We don't know enough to make baseless speculations in regards to their endgame goals, and they certainly can't get banned for it.

But I suppose Paragon will just join the ranks of guilds suddenly hated due to BENEFICIAL partnerships. Sad fucking world it would be if y'all (y'know, the anti-profit complainers) ruled it.

yeah... like we need to give china more money as it is right? right!?

Paragon only cares about world firsts and being number one. Just because they get a few freebies from Vendors they support, does not mean they are getting paid to raid. It's called sponsorship. Any brand name that wants a boost would be silly not to seek out easy advertising gigs like this considering the world wide attention Paragon gets. So Asus sends a few of them a nice computer or other hardware here and there for world first this and that. While those perks seems nice, they aren't getting a paycheck in the mail every few weeks like a real job. In fact the majority of them work full time jobs, just like the rest of the adult world. They save up their sick/leave time to use during raid pushes. They all have blogs littering the internet, it's interesting to read how "normal" they are.

Now in regards to Dream and any partnership there. Regardless of what "Dream" had been doing in the past, I'm fairly sure Paragon would only be seeking other accomplished guilds to further strengthen their own. I highly doubt Paragon has any ambitions of carrying a bunch of noob cakes through content that they don't deserve to see. That's never been their style.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Good times...
    I remember back in the day, when i used to play outside for fun.

Good times...

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Stop being jealous because you can't kill Ragnaros or any other boss for that matter. You haven't killed a single boss in Cataclysm and yet you act all mighty and call someone else a loser?

I wish players like you would stop being jealous and stop calling someone else a loser. I have 13/13hc and killed Ragnaros the first day, I got job and a GF. Let me guess you got nothing?
    +1.

Deleted
    Not sure why what Paragon does is of any concern to players who are non-Paragon members, to be completely honest.

If they are working with gold sellers, I couldn't really care less.
    If they get in trouble for breaking ToS, I'll laugh, but again not really care one way or the other.

Why do you care, if I may ask? At the end of the day, they are still just an online game clan/group.
    Last edited by mmoc52fe769775; 2011-07-02 at 05:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't figure out what fits this thread better;

or;

First of all, I'm pretty sure Paragon knows what they are doing, secondly, I don't quite see how they are being sellouts, they aren't selling out to anything.

PLENTY of guilds big and small do this kind of thing. I'd care more of they were partnering with Dream Gold Farmers. If people can afford the many thousands of dollars it will cost them for Dreams services for server first HLK (back in the day) then let them have it, they can always get reported and banned if it's fully true as you say.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2011-07-02 at 06:59 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Does anyone else cringe every time someone mentions Paragon like celebrities? Anyway the world will keep spinning, but if they really want to get paid to keep playing games then can anyone really blame them? I can't personally imagine paying someone to play a game for me, but to each his own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post

Jealous because cata is shit and I stopped playing it 2 weeks after i bought it, yeah it must be jealousy on my part and stupidity on yours.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Good times...
    Exactly. Who cares about Paragon and their trips to Walmart together.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Yeah, they sold out. Hope they got paid well. At the end of the day it's just a WoW guild, another one will beat them in progress sooner or later so better cash out now while they're on top.