Looking for complete and detailed wiring guide for ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

Hey I've got my new gamine PC built but Can't get it to boot up, motherboard reads power is reaching it but no fans, HDD, anything else is making noise or acting like its working. I use a GS700 Corsair for power supply, but thats less important to the help I need. If possible, I'd also like a precise explanation of how I could wire only the most important components on my motherboard to diagnose potential problems with the wires themselves. I'm a complete noob with this wiring; I have used the manual that came with the Motheboard, and the issue still persists. All connections are secure, and there is no other obvious problems. My suspicions lie with the power/sw wire that come from the case. Is there a way to bypass this to test if its the motherboard or simply the wire?

Any useful links on the topic are appreciated; i've done many searches on youtube/google but none of them so far have addressed a solution that has worked for me.

Also, if any other not so obvious things could be the reason (like not the wiring) for the computer to not booting up exist, mention that too.

Deleted
    While not an expert on this particular board, I would suggest taking it all out if you can't figure it out, and start again from scratch. Look up NewEgg's guide on Youtube on how to do an "external boot" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls ), so you can diagnose the issues with any of the more "essential" parts of the build. This would be my reccomendation, to start again following the guide and your motherboard's manual, that's really going to be the most effective way to determine any issues. Hope this helps.

Scryus.

P.S. Obviously, after you figure out the specific thing that's wrong with it (could be the hard drive as you mentioned), people can give you a more accurate way to deal with the problem at hand. Try the external boot as mentioned above first.
    Last edited by mmoc46e92a5b5a; 2011-07-02 at 09:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    To test Mobo.

Instert: Ram, CPU and GPU.

Insert power cables: 24 pin mobo 4/8 pin CPU and any GPU power cables.

Then you connect it to a monitor and check for boot
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

To answer the question you actually asked, yes it's possible to boot the system without connecting the power button. Disconnect that cabling block entirely and run a screw driver along the length of the jumper block. This will essentially mimic the use of the power switch without having to use the power switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    The P8Z68-V Pro has power and reset buttons on the mobo itself.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    The P8Z68-V Pro has power and reset buttons on the mobo itself.
    This.

They're 2 small grey squares located at the bottom left of the motherboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    This.

They're 2 small grey squares located at the bottom left of the motherboard.
    Haha they even light up when power is going through the board
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Haha they even light up when power is going through the board
    Oh ok, just noticed you have one of said boards. Silly me.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Wiring guide? Motherboards usually come with a manual...

But since you used that and have the same issues, either you aren't plugging in something hard enough, or the board is a lemon. Knowing Asus, the board could very well be a lemon. When it works it is an excellent board, and I had less issues with it than any other Asus board I've worked with (and I've worked with a lot).

inb4 that's what she said.
    red panda red panda red panda!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Wiring guide? Motherboards usually come with a manual...

But since you used that and have the same issues, either you aren't plugging in something hard enough, or the board is a lemon. Knowing Asus, the board could very well be a lemon. When it works it is an excellent board, and I had less issues with it than any other Asus board I've worked with (and I've worked with a lot).

inb4 that's what she said.
    heheehheheehe :>

Oh Asera. :P

OP: I'd really suggest you check that manual hardcore, make sure everything is in perfectly, make sure curved insert thingies on like the 24 pin ATX PSU cable are to curved, and square ones to square. That one is super easy to mess up.

Considering that may not be the issue, the motherboard, being Asus, should have come with a genius little bugger, that basically helps make sure you plug in your PW/Reset/etc cables all properly. I do suggest using it. It relieves a lot of otherwise could be horrible headache. Not always easy to tell which is a + and which a -, for instance.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water