Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[FIRELANDS SPOILERS] Ragnaros fight in Firelands = Second Straga fight in Darksiders?

Prepare for wall of videos/text, I'll try to break it down:
    Tell me what you guys think?

So here we have a nice little video of Raggy's room in Firelands minus the encounter, giving a preview of the platform. Skip to 1:45 for the actual platform. Its a ")" shape/Crescent or whatnot, with the orange circle being where Rag is submerged "waist" deep.

Here is the Straga video, just before the fight starts in the cutscene you vaguely get a good view of the platform from above, but basically it is a ) shape aswell:

Where am I going with this? Well, if you may or may not know, the Ragnaros fight has Raggy slamming his hammer into the platform, summons minions to his aid/to his hammer.

The straga fight on the other hand has him slamming his club into the platform giving War access to his back, and also summons minions to his aid.

Straga and Ragnaros also share similar traits: Their both giants, a pawn of a larger foe, have a hammar, have chunky building-like armor (Ragnaros' armor looks like the architecture of his realm), should not have legs that'd ruin the point of them, both chaotic entities who care for nothing but mercilessly destroying anything in their path, live in a big ol' keep with alien architecture, etc.

Now I apologize but I gotta get going soon, so I thought I may aswell post this now and see what people think.

Clearly the same fight, cant really notice any difference lol?

Deleted
    Fitting seeing as the main character of Darksiders is a complete rip off of Arthas visually ^^

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hawt09 View Post
    Fitting seeing as the main character of Darksiders is a complete rip off of Arthas visually ^^
    Ahahaha, I was so thinking that

10+ Year Old Account
    They take Arthas from Blizz, Blizz takes the Straga fight from them. :P

yeah ok now im gonna go.

Deleted
    But War is sooooooooooo much cooler :O and has a bigger sword

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    But War is sooooooooooo much cooler :O and has a bigger sword
    And hes a horsemen of the Apocalypse :P

Oh I get it. Ragnaros is to Straga as Kael'thas is to Sephiroth. After all, they all have abilities that can 1 shot you so they're clearly ripping each other off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbycakes View Post
    Oh I get it. Ragnaros is to Straga as Kael'thas is to Sephiroth. After all, they all have abilities that can 1 shot you so they're clearly ripping each other off.
    Straga can't oneshot you unless you jump into the abyss yourself.

fighting only a section of a giant boss is used all the times in video games

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jBrbpQDFC4&feature=related

t
    hose guys totally stole the idea from Ape escape tbh (and one thousand other games)

have you played like 5 games in your life or what?

ps. no offence, but the french voices are terrible, too bad i couldn't find the fight in english

I don't see it. War has red and gold armour disproportionately large fists, and a hood. Not of that sounds like Arthas. The only similarity I notice in the armour is the use of skulls, which is hardly a unique trait.
    Sell the Vatican, Feed the World

Uhm Straga is NOWHERE the same as the Ragnaros fight, have you even been in Firelands?
    Straga doesn't smash is Hammer on the floor and then dissappear to spawn adds that needs to get slowed and then killed before they reach the hammer.
    He also doesn't have any boulders that rolls around one-hitting you if you touch them. There is more but CBA explaining the fight to someone who doesn't know shit.

Ragnaros, is not like Straga.
    Straga is thinking with Portals.
    Straga is like Portal.
    THQ stole from Valve.
    Let the lynching begin.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Yeah, except raggy has been around for what. 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by destia View Post
    Yeah, except raggy has been around for what. 5 years?
    He's talking about the fight, champ. That's quite a bit different now.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems the same to me

Same looks =/= Same fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".