Deleted

Lord Ryolith - Are we missing something or just having bad RNG?

Hi guys,

After having no issues at all on Shannox and the Spider Queen, we just wiped for 3 hours on Ryolith. We came close twice, where first time we just fucked up and second time we got a stomp right on top of the fire walls on the ground.

The rest of the tries we kept having issues with the volcanoes spawning literally in north and south, making it impossible for us to walk him there fast enough. Then we would just get owned by the stacks and that kept happening. As I said, we only had RNG on our sides twice out of 3 hours.

I logged the damn thing but something's wrong with my WoL client, so ofc I can't upload it.

Our comp:

Prot Pala
    Feral Bear

Ret Pala
    Lock
    Spriest
    Arcane Mage
    Hunter

Holy Priest
    Resto Shaman
    Resto Druid

It didn't feel like healing or dps was an issue at all, we had control over the adds and the healers were fine on mana. What we did notice, was the default Blizz bar with numbers, that would indicate how the boss would move. Most of us couldn't even get it to work i.e couldn't see it. We had all updated DBM so that wasn't the problem. Those who could actually see it, didn't make much sense out of it.

Fairly frustrated right now. Though my guildies and RL thinks this is mostly due to RNG fucking us over, I keep thinking if we're doing something else wrong or if we're missing a key thing to the fight.

Any input is more than welcome.

the bar is L/R. So if it's sticking out more to the left then he's turning left and vice versa.

We had our 2 melee on it, calling out for help when they needed a hard turn. (rogue/DK w/arcane mage for helping with quick turns)

Took us 2 attempts before they got the hang of it.

If you can't see the bar, you may need something like 'move anything' and move the secondary power bar to a spot where it's visually available.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have the WoL client saved anywhere, re-download it and use the newly downloaded version. I kept getting errors until I did this.

Deleted
    I wasn't the one driving out Rhy on our kill so I can't comment on where volcanoes spawn, I would encourage you not to dismiss wipes as RNG though. The fight should still be very doable regardless of spawn volcanoes, your people driving the boss just have to adjust with it and the healers will have to pick up the slack from the bad luck (since volcanoes will erupt longer). It will be harder but still doable imo.

I also think you should consider 1 tanking it, I never saw much reason to double up on tanks for 10m. We had 1 tank on adds with 2 DPS, and 4 DPS on the boss (one of them occasionally helped on adds too). That might seem like overkill but having 3-4 on the boss made it much much easier to steer him and he died shortly after.

As for the UI I don't know, I don't use any bar addons and the only mods I have are DBM and Omen, so the UI for steering was up on my screen every attempt. The Blizzard UI is quite good now for raiding, you can give it a shot if it's addons that are screwing over your steering device thingy from showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Miedo View Post
    If you can't see the bar, you may need something like 'move anything' and move the secondary power bar to a spot where it's visually available.
    This.

Also, the fight is easily one tanked, that may help with killing adds faster/doing hard turns.
    Mattsvaliant - 85 BE Paladin - 135+ Mounts - Dragonslayer -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    If you have the WoL client saved anywhere, re-download it and use the newly downloaded version. I kept getting errors until I did this.
    Okay I will do that, ty.

As for the other tips. This is exactly why I didn't wanna dismiss our failure as RNG. I did actually suggest to our RL, that we 1 tanked it and had me (Feral Bear) go cat instead.

I wonder, if having just 1 melee added to our issue. Are there any particular reason for wanting at least 2 melee on the feet?

Since I was tanking adds, it was rather hard for me to actually keep track of every movement the boss did. But from what I could see, it seemed like they missed a volcano by an inch or yeah, that the volcanoes spawned very far from each other.

Our healers kept us up through 15 stacks, but when we reached 15+ it was an issue. All of them pushing out 12k+ HPS, so I don't think we can squeeze much more out of them tbh.