Thread: Alysrazor Guide

Alysrazor Guide

Hey just wanted to drop a guide done by one of my guildies (He doesn't know yet that i've been posting his work! ) Tankspot didn't have a video up yet I hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IokUa_rVqRg
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-07-05 at 06:26 AM. Reason: fixed link

Just a question, as a tank should you feed the birds the worm's aslong as they can get satiated or when they actually do get it? Had alittle trouble with me dying as a tank y-day (altho i was abit slow with feeding the worm). I saw a movie earlier, where a guy had an addon that showed when the bird could get satiated, seemed awsome. Anyone know what it was?

From what i have learned, you can feed it any time.
    I fed it when the buff has gone up, standing like 15 feet away and then run with speed buff to the worm.
    You get only one or two hits that way, and you shouldnt die.
    Of course you have to avoid the flames, so plan ahead.
    When fire is in the way and it enrages, just pop a cd.

I'm mooknight the tank so i can give what we personally do. I didn't tell him cause sometimes our raid members speak in party chat and not raid when it doesn't always pertain the whole raid group. I tend to leave the bird DIRECTLY where he spawns, at that moment I wait for either my bird to enrage first or the other tanks bird to enrage first. As a paladin tank I pop my Divine Protection + Holy shield and feed my bird the worm to my right first. This is the same with the other tank. After my bird moves to the worm i quickly run back to his OG spawn position.

I again wait for either my bird or the other tanks bird to enrage and then we feed the worms to our lefts. *This will place BOTH tanks near the healers and their appointed dps groups. This will keep the spawn on worms to NO MORE than 2 on each side up hopefully. and reduce the amount of accidental raid damage. I tend to leave my bird standing where he ate his 2nd worm and wait for the other 2 worms to spawn during phase 1 and repeat the process going right worm first and then left worm second, still placing me by the healers. I end up tanking for Phase 4 and if i pop my 50% early in phase 1 on accident I usually have it up by that phase again if done right. As for the mod I do believe it might have been BIGWIGS but possibly it was a beta addon that someone created specifically for that fight and chose not to release it publicly. If theres any other hints i can give to the worm feeding issue. Save your 50% if you ever have to run through fire to feed your bird, (Since im a paladin i pop at least one per enrage) I usually get lucky and can pop my holy shield on almost every single one.

I hope I helped you. I know its quite a bit of reading but if you could do greensocks a favor! subscribe! Do it for me!
    Last edited by Mooknight; 2011-07-07 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Took out a word that could have created a large confusion