Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    fastest way is in my expirience is questing and only doing instances if you have quests in there.
    sholo for instance gives about a whole lvl just for the quests
    This, which most people have said but it's insane how fast it is. Just make sure you're questing in an area that you are on the low end for (for example if you are level 50 and you hit a 50-55 area and the area beside is 53-57, go to the next area as soon as you hit 53). Also make sure you take mining and herbalism while leveling.

The fastest most unreliable way is Random BGs/Call to Arms. Doing either of those will give you ridiculous amounts of EXP... if you win. If you lose you'll only get a fraction of it. So technically if you made a premade at level 10 and it was Call to Arms Warsong Gulch weekend, you could finish each game in like 15 minutes, nearly level up each time,even if you're rested EXP bar is empty.

I prefer to quest. In my opinion, with the right guide.. questing is much faster than dungeons. Dungeons are easy and I prefer them from 15-20 until I get my mount. After that, I tend to que during downtime and I try to que for specific dungeons as I unlock new ones just for the quests. Once I do the quests, I hate going back into a dungeon just to mob grind.

Dungeons for tank/healers and for RAF. Questing for DPS

Level them all at once, maximize rested XP. Questing is much faster, as the owner of 10 85's I can attest to this. Questing also pushes your rested XP bar back.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    I've came up with the numbers and best suggestion:

1-15 quest
    15-30 dungeon
    30-50 quest
    50-55 dungeon
    55-65 quest
    65-68 dungeon
    68-79 quest
    79-80 dungeon
    80-81 quest
    81-82 dungeon
    82-85 quest

of course, this apply is your a tank. If your are a dps...this is yours

1-85 quest
    Yeah, this is just wrong. Quest and queue up as dps at the same time = win. I'd also like to see the logic behind alternating questing and queuing as suggest.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Questing + doing every dungeon once for the quests in there is definitely the fastest way.
    best answer. i've lvl like 20 toons and i always Q for dungeon while lvling (if youre a tank, dont grind the dungeons... you will be bored after 2 hours)

10+ Year Old Account
    Questing is the fastest on any class. If you don't believe me start 2 toons same race and class, u can even make it a healer or tank. Then time yourself playing them both , one strictly questing and one only dungeoning and you will see.

Mining/Herbalism + Archaeology. It's as fast as questing (even faster once you're flying) AND makes you far more cash (It's how I levelled my last 3 alts)

RAF dungeon'ing is the fastest way. With 3x the exp and the bonus at the end, you gain levels insainly fast. A friend and I did multiple toons that each took ~13hrs of gameplay to get to 80. Boils down to about 20hrs to get to 85. Can't really compare to traditional leveling.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines....

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually roll a dps so I just quest as I am waiting for the que to pop you level so quick it is not even funny
    The true vanilla wow test is whether or not they miss Vanilla. If they do, they didn't play in Vanilla.

A combo of both is best. You really don't want to skip doing quests in each dungeon and the big chunks of xp they give plus the items. Upgrading your gear in dungeons also speeds up your lvling process.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I quest and do each new dungeon one time just to complete the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurovakhin View Post
    Dungeons for tank/healers and for RAF. Questing for DPS
    Why are dungeons faster for tanks and healers? They take just as long as DPS.

Do people think they need to be in SW/Org to queue for a dungeon or something?

1-58 is going to depend on if you're tank/haler or dps.

58-68 Do a full clear of hellfire, zangarmarsh, terokar i mean full clear to the point of getting the quest achivement. those 3 zones only and i was 3/4 to 69

68-8 screw people who say you can do this fast. took me 2 days just clear quests in Borean, dragonblight and 30 or so in another zone, bam there you go

i assume you have all the heirlooms of course and getting some rested built up now and then is a bonus to.
    We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—
    World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams:
    Yet we are the movers and shakers, Of the world for ever, it seems.

-1st stanza, Ode by: Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Deleted
    When I level alts I usually try to do every dungeon once. It feels like if you can do the quests related to a dungeon than that is the fastest way.

A wild guess is:
    Dungeon with quests in it > Questing in a zone you are familliar with > questing and que at the same time > questing in a nonfamilliar zone > just queing for dungeon if not instant que (afking while waiting).

I find it SEEMS faster to mix questing and dungeons the entire time, especially if doing dungeons when you have quests for them

Because breaking the monotony of questing makes it seem faster

Questing, while queueing for Random LFD, as DPS only. The quests inside 5mans give a lot of xp, but grinding them in and out is very slow compared to questing, ever since 4.0
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    If you know your way around in the world, and is a decent dps/tank questing is and will always be the fastest. Healer? I'd suggest they dualspec asap. And run Instances once or twice for dungeonquests and thereafter go back to regular questing.

The only thing that might beat questing/dungeon xp is by doing Call to Arms Alterac Valley and hope to god that your battlegroup is winning often. Else it's a waste of time.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

Just last week I was leveling up a DK tank, in both outlands and northrend, I got more exp per hour through questing than i did doing dungeons. In northrend, questing gave around 600k an hour (no heirlooms) and dungeons gave 450k an hour. I don't remember what my numbers for outlands were. Also, I was changing zones as soon as possible and not trying to do every quest available.