Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Equip prot 4T11 before the fight, cast GotAK, reequip your normal gear, pull the boss, keep 45s GotAK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    Not i. Infact im just now finding out about this exploit
    Which is why I said top 10

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 06:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nimiks View Post
    Equip prot 4T11 before the fight, cast GotAK, reequip your normal gear, pull the boss, keep 45s GotAK.
    While you are at it equip the chalice where you would normally equip a trinket and get that 1700 mastery on the pull as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post

While you are at it equip the chalice where you would normally equip a trinket and get that 1700 mastery on the pull as well.
    I thought the chalice got hotfixed some weeks ago?
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    I thought the chalice got hotfixed some weeks ago?
    It sets the trinket CD, sets the CD on gauntlets but I swap it with my vessel which has no on use and just gains stacks so I haven't noticed anything with it. I use it on my warrior too with Caber and it works fine there. The buff is definitely there I have verified it here is a log you can see me gaining it prepull.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8741&e=9034

[22:44:22.794] Requîtal casts Summon Moonwell
    [22:44:22.796] Requîtal gains Blessing of the Moonwell from Moonwell
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-08-11 at 12:06 AM.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post

i was top 10 when i posted that wise ass and i dont see you anywhere near the top with all your exploits
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    i was top 10 when i posted that wise ass and i dont see you anywhere near the top with all your exploits
    Give me your gear and I'll be more than happy to show you. You do see I'm using a 372 Mace and 2pc right? It's hard to realize there is no way I can keep up with your damage and I don't have 4pc prot either so settle down.

I just love how friendly the retribution paladin comunity is. :>

Why can't we all be friends and agree that the best paladin is and allways will be Athene? :>

(attempting to break up the love-birds)
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Why can't we all be friends and agree that the best paladin is and allways will be Athene? :>
    Who's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    Who's that?
    The reason why you and Req isn't arguing anymore :>

Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    Who's that?
    The best fucking paladin in the world.

Methinks we should get back on the topic of trinket discussion, too. Now that we've all had our fun measuring dick sizes it's time to sheath the wankers and talk all rational-like.

Well said Badpaladin *wink wink*, read on some other forum thread (that shall remain unnamed) that we can "prepot" the Moonwell Chalice trinket (300something int and 1700mastery activate for 20seconds, actually summons a moonwell which gives you the mastery buff) like we "prepot" T11 prot tier for extended GotaK duration.

Anyone tried it? according to the unnamed forum it works (seen screenshots) and well since some of us already have trinkets locked out for 30seconds after we change gear anyways + the 1700mastery with 1200str from potion alongside with guardian should increase our initial dps with atleast 1-2k, if not even more since everything stacks so heavy for us in the first seconds of a fight. I'm 2 (maybe 3) days away from having the trinket myself so i'll check if it actually works then and let you know, untill then i hope anyone else that might have it can check it out.

Also Badpaladin as you suggested the "beefy" TV you get with avengers wrath + AoK seems to benefit us (me atleast) more than seperating Avenging Wrath and AoK.
    Do 65k crit templars verdict + 64.7k mastery damage during the 15seconds AoK is active on Baleroc HC, with "ok" procs i burst 45k. Quite funny how our burst almost match arcane mages but our average dps is still miles behind.

Anyways im very happy to see nearly 130k crits (TV + mastery combined) can't wait for majordomo heroic now *evil laugh*

Update as i promised, it does indeed work as i said above.
    Another "cool" thing is that it doesn't share an activate cooldown with Apperatus of Khaz'goroth, hardly think it's going to be worth to use it in combat but it does give 20% mastery damage so it's not terrible to "prepot" like some of us do with the prot T11 set.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2011-08-14 at 04:29 PM.

Was crunching some numbers for my toon using SimCraft, including possible trinket upgrades, and noticed how close SimCraft numbers are with my napkin math at OP.
    Typical difference is ~10 dps and sometimes even less than that, say, my table says that H:HoR is 181 more dps than normal AoK:mastery, Simcraft says that it's 184 more dps. Considering vast difference between methods used to generate these results, I would say accuracy is quite amazing (though it can mean that both methods are wrong, it's possible too).

Of course it takes a good 15 minutes to crunch that number in SimCraft, because I need to go through wowreforge.com -> Rawr -> SimCraft, plus simulation itself.

Overall, I'm starting to like SimCraft more and more, especially having (almost) full control over rotation with a script language. Since Rawr is half-baked, Redcape quit the game and Exemplar developed unexplainable hard-on for haste (read: something wrong with his calculations and he can't find out what), SimCraft is my main tool now and I can recommend it to everyone. Just make sure to use external reforge service and have lot of patience to do precise runs.

Got my heroic Apperatus of Khaz'goroth today <3
    575 mastery per stack = 2875mastery 5stacks.

very, very neat :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Got my heroic Apperatus of Khaz'goroth today <3
    575 mastery per stack = 2875mastery 5stacks.

very, very neat :>
    Lucky bird!
    Our guild has been unlucky with the drops so far.
    Only gotten 5 or 6 and all have been spent in the DK's main and offhands.
    After that its the melee's turn again for getting HC trinkets!

Deleted
    What about our trinkets after changes ? I mean more mastery from Apparatus and more crit from VoA ?

Stick with Mastery, it's not going anywhere.

We have to wait until simulators get updated to see if there is any drastic change to weights (highly unlikely).

Quote Originally Posted by bloodbad View Post
    Lucky bird!
    Our guild has been unlucky with the drops so far.
    Only gotten 5 or 6 and all have been spent in the DK's main and offhands.
    After that its the melee's turn again for getting HC trinkets!
    This is as it shoud be, in my guild we got only 2 so far, and they were spend on tanks upgrading boe ring?
    No wonder why DKs wanna gquit, so i pretty much said goodbye to hc aparatus this tier :/

Hey 7d, try the rate my paladin thread a few topics down and a lot of people add in a wol report there as well.

Apparatus is looking best along with the heroic Rag trinket for BiS
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jämeson View Post
    Hey 7d, try the rate my paladin thread a few topics down and a lot of people add in a wol report there as well.
    I am aware of that thread. I didn't post there because my question was directly related to which trinkets I should use. And specifically I talked about gaining and keeping stacks with the AoK trinket. I did refer to an armory link I apologize if that is somehow misuse of this thread or if I have misunderstood the point of this thread. Thanks anyway.

Híro - area 52 - Horde