Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    15 hours inbetween Baleroc and the last Boss, even with breakes, thats some endurance u gotta have there lol

Deleted
    I honestly can't believe how much raid DPS is required in order to down this.

Big congratulations to Method, I've been wanting Method to be World #1 for quite some time now and although this race is far from over, I believe and hope Method will continue to hold top spot through until Ragnaros Heroic is down. Nothing against Paragon or any other guild in the race for World #1 but I personally think that Method deserve it a lot more than any other guild, especially when you look at their kills on their wowprogress profile (21 world 2nd kills dating back to TBC).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    15 hours inbetween Baleroc and the last Boss, even with breakes, thats some endurance u gotta have there lol
    Wow, i dream of raiding like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I can't confirm this, but several people have said that an average of 33k DPS per person (using 5 healers) is what Baleroc requires.
    Must have been lies from the US guilds who failed today. I heard the same thing. There was only 1 person total who did over even 32k in all of WoL for that fight last week. I find it hard to believe that even a top guild could randomly pull it out all of a sudden.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    Wow, i dream of raiding like that.....
    yea me2, even with all the stress and the countless wipes, they still have to be having so much fun with eachother trying to achieve the same goal...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Woo! Alliance!

Finally we're getting some world firsts! Been getting sick of seeing Paragon and other Horde guilds claiming all of them.
    I don't see how horde vs alliance has any kind of meaning in world firsts

Quote Originally Posted by Nerzeja View Post
    Nothing against Paragon or any other guild in the race for World #1 but I personally think that Method deserve it a lot more than any other guild, especially when you look at their kills on their wowprogress profile (21 world 2nd kills dating back to TBC).
    If you are 2nd, then you deserve to be 2nd. I don't get it.
    Last edited by mmoc70389194d2; 2011-07-07 at 06:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations Method, there is a reason why they are among the best guilds in the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscerous View Post
    Must have been lies from the US guilds who failed today. I heard the same thing. There was only 1 person total who did over even 32k in all of WoL for that fight last week. I find it hard to believe that even a top guild could randomly pull it out all of a sudden.

The boss has 217,000,000 HP. With a 6minute enrage timer. Meaning you're required to have a raid DPS of;

217,000,000/360 (6minutes) 602,777.77777777777778, or something along those lines. That number is then divisible by the number of DPS you're taking, I would imagine it's possibly 4 healable, solo tankable. So 20 DPS would require 30,138 DPS for every single DPS'r on the fight. Minus about 500 per DPS'r for the 10k~ the tank will probably pull.

Obviously the more DPS you take, the lower the requirement, but I don't think an average guild will be taking 20 DPS to the fight at the minute, I might be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    yea me2, even with all the stress and the countless wipes, they still have to be having so much fun with eachother trying to achieve the same goal...
    too me this ^ is WoW.

i'd rather wipe for hours on a Heroic than one shot a normal mode too.....

Huge Grats to Method. I'll admit im a Paragon fanboy, but its great to see a competitive world first race.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    The boss has 217,000,000 HP. With a 6minute enrage timer. Meaning you're required to have a raid DPS of;

217,000,000/360 (6minutes) 602,777.77777777777778, or something along those lines. That number is then divisible by the number of DPS you're taking, I would imagine it's possibly 4 healable, solo tankable. So 20 DPS would require 30,138 DPS for every single DPS'r on the fight. Minus about 500 per DPS'r for the 10k~ the tank will probably pull.

Obviously the more DPS you take, the lower the requirement, but I don't think an average guild will be taking 20 DPS to the fight at the minute, I might be wrong.
    That certainly seems much more reasonable than the 33k people were saying. With a bit of raid stacking for hunters, warriors, and mages it wouldn't be THAT bad.

I can see Blizzard nerfing his health on 25man heroic for sure

15+ Year Old Account
    That certainly seems much more reasonable than the 33k people were saying. With a bit of raid stacking for hunters, warriors, and mages it wouldn't be THAT bad.

Well, it could possibly be a requirement of 33k DPS, if you're taking 18 DPS. As I said, obviously the more DPS you take the less the requirement, those claiming the 33k requirement could well be 17/18 DPSing it.

Damn impressive.

Grats to Method.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    I can see Blizzard nerfing his health on 25man heroic for sure
    I don't think they will, the reason being I think their intention is for guilds to gear up before being able to kill Baleroc. They've just buffed his HP on 10m more than likely for the reason I just previously stated. They seem to be implementing alot of ' cockblock ' bosses more recently and I think this is intended as being one - maybe even Staghelm is too. They're both really high DPS checks, and I think this is Blizzards way of trying to make progression last aslong as possible, so people are not complaining everything is cleared within 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Malefic; 2011-07-07 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post

Yay math and logic. Well played, Malefic.

However, that's a terrifyingly intense DPS check. As much as people hate seeing Hard-Modes nerfed, I think Baleroc has it coming.

EDIT: Oddly enough, the Hotfix just INCREASED his HP on 10-man. I think that might have been Normal-mode though. Yup. Nvm.

Oh come on! You guys don't know!

Method used a whole bunch of Feral druids!

hehe i kid i kid.

Grats to them on their kill! Can't wait to see the video/parses.

Working on HM's this week as well - hopefully make our server proud.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post

EDIT: Oddly enough, the Hotfix just INCREASED his HP on 10-man. I think that might have been Normal-mode though. Yup. Nvm.

The hotfix is in heroic mode

Baleroc
    • Baleroc’s health has been increased on 10-player Heroic difficulty.

So this is a US bash thread now?

Congrats to Method. Mandible of Beth'tilac looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by undethknight View Post
    So this is a US bash thread now?
    Yeh this whole thread is a bash thread cause of one comment. Logic fails you sir.

On topic, congrats to them, hope paragon also downs it soon. Would be awesome to see a very close race all the way to the end!