Deleted

Cool [BIO] Annya of House Eldraine

Name: Annya "Aeya" Eldraine
    Title: Highborne Lady of House Eldraine

Race: Blood Elf

Class:

Annya grew up in a bubble in the aristocratic courts of Silvermoon City, though her father, Kleynan Eldraine, is a renowned Paladin, she's no better at swordfighting than at scrubbing pots. She carries a small bludgeon on her journeys, hoping it will scare off any lingering thieves, but she has yet to specialize in a weapon.

Languages: Thalassian, Orcish and a bit of the Common tongue.

Faction: -

Personality:

At first glance Annya seems like a typical stuck up highborn of Silvermoon, but unlike her equals, she never enjoyed the hectic and treacherous scene of the Houses of Silvermoon. The daily gossip, backstabbing and sneering known as "The High Games" to the general public seem to drain her of energy, and she longes for a change in scenery. Her father always says that the High Game is a neccessary evil: "It keeps us on our toes!" He would say.
    As of recent, Annya is plotting a journey that will take her beyond Eversong Woods, into the Eastern Kingdoms. Her father was once in the Ghostlands, and told her of the horrors that go on in that cursed place, and though she is scared of going out on her own, the excitement is just to great to resist.

She didn't have many friends growing up, a highborn was not to waste time on friendship and playing games, but was to study the history of the houses of Silvermoon. She finds herself being suspicious of other people, especially of those that are not Sin'dorei. She once saw a Tauren in Silvermoon, at Summerveil, which sent her screaming and running to her mother. Her mother then explained to her that the pure Blood Elves had to alliance themselves with Savages such as that in order to maintain control of their lands: "These are dark times, threats from every corner.." her mother would say with a worried frown on her face.

It's clear that Annya knows very little of the world beyond the highcourt of Silvermoon, and while she knows she is of a high and proud bloodline, she becomes increasingly aware of the fact that people outside the "bubble" she grew up in dont really seem to care about it.

Appearance:

Everyone always says Annya has her mothers nose, a short slightly stuck-up nose in the middle of a friendly face. Her shoulder long reddish blonde hair marks her as the highborn she is but her green eyes, for which she has her father to thank, are unusual in the Sin'Dorei capital. She mostly wears coloured dresses with simple embroidery, unless she is travelling in which case she will be wearing a fine crafted leather jerkin with the crest of House Eldraine and a pair of travelling breeches. Other girls travel in their noble dresses, but Annya's father tought her that the right gear is important when embarking on longer journeys.

Despite the leather travelling gear, Annya always wears the jewel ring with the small embedded crest of House Eldraine, and she has a tendency to grip it for good luck or to fumble it nervously when she is uneasy.

Strengths/Weaknesses:

Being stubborn and determined is the only real strength that Annya possesses, at this point in time anyway!

Her weakness is her lack of grip on reality due to being raised under such sheltered circumstances, she still thinks Silvermoon is the heart of the world and everyone else are good-for-nothing savages!
    Last edited by mmocc08627761e; 2011-07-08 at 02:07 PM.

First of all welcome to the RP forums.

I just have one little thing to critique, a 20 year old Bloodelf would be a child, not even a teenager. If you intend Anya to be in her twenties compared to a human, an age of 100-150 years would be equivalent.

Also, even if she was sheltered I would be interested in how much she saw of the Scourge wars. It is the central point in recent history with the bloodelves possible on par with Kael'thas' corruption. A comment on those two would be appreciated. I will also try to visit in the Salty Sailor soon™.

Have fun RPing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    First of all welcome to the RP forums.

I just have one little thing to critique, a 20 year old Bloodelf would be a child, not even a teenager. If you intend Anya to be in her twenties compared to a human, an age of 100-150 years would be equivalent.

Also, even if she was sheltered I would be interested in how much she saw of the Scourge wars. It is the central point in recent history with the bloodelves possible on par with Kael'thas' corruption. A comment on those two would be appreciated. I will also try to visit in the Salty Sailor soon™.

Have fun RPing.
    Thanks for the insightful reply, this is my first RP character (ever) and Its actually harder than I thought :P Also, Im not that familar with WoW Lore, so thanks for the age thumbs-up. Annya is now 155 years old (next stop: wheelchair).

I will look into writing something about her experiences during the Scourge War and the dead Scar asap.

You're welcome. And I totally forgot to mention that I love the idea of her sheltered life. I have not seen that idea played, but it surely makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Annya View Post
    Thanks for the insightful reply, this is my first RP character (ever) and Its actually harder than I thought :P Also, Im not that familar with WoW Lore, so thanks for the age thumbs-up. Annya is now 155 years old (next stop: wheelchair).

I will look into writing something about her experiences during the Scourge War and the dead Scar asap.
    There's a page on wowpedia.org that we link to in the Character Creation sticky under the age portion of the template that lists all the lifespans of the mortal characters (for reference, we go with the ages in brackets), if you ever need to know how old say, an orc or tauren can be, for future bios.

Just an FYI, oh and like me comrade here said, welcome to the RP forums!

EDIT: Also, very nice sketch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    There's a page on wowpedia.org that we link to in the Character Creation sticky under the age portion of the template that lists all the lifespans of the mortal characters (for reference, we go with the ages in brackets), if you ever need to know how old say, an orc or tauren can be, for future bios.

Just an FYI, oh and like me comrade here said, welcome to the RP forums!

EDIT: Also, very nice sketch.
    Thanks for the heads up.

About the sketch, I wish I could impress you all by saying I drew it by hand and scanned it in, but sadly I just found it on a shameful google search.

Quote Originally Posted by Annya View Post
    About the sketch, I wish I could impress you all by saying I drew it by hand and scanned it in, but sadly I just found it on a shameful google search.
    Well, that's a bit more than dissapointing :d

At any rate, looking forward to her background story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Well, that's a bit more than dissapointing :d
    Youre right, tell you what, i'll draw a sketch of her and scan it in. It wont be rembrandt, but hopefully it will somewhat represent the visual idea in my head.