Shadow Priest Help

We just downed Baleroc (the log for some reason doesn't show it as a kill, but he died) Was wondering if anybody has any advice for me since I believe i should be doing more. Thanks for any help.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...?s=7414&e=7786

The timeup of your debuff casted on boss is low around 88% (last try)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...?s=7414&e=7786 (buff cast)

VT 87%
    shadow word: pain 87%
    DP 89%

They should be around 97-99%

You shoudn't cast Hymn of hope. You can recover mana with shadowfriend ,dispersion, vampiric touch debuff(this shouldn't never fall).
    The mana can be recovered by some shadow word: death (not suggested at baleroc if u are under tormented debuff).
    And dispersion should be used , if possible, during movement. (for example doing the way to shard , u can cast dispersion).
    Last edited by Medivh; 2011-07-09 at 02:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medivh View Post
    You shoudn't cast Hymn of hope. You can recover mana with shadowfriend ,dispersion, vampiric touch debuff(this shouldn't never fall).
    The mana can be recovered by some shadow word: death (not suggested at baleroc if u are under tormented debuff).
    And dispersion should be used , if possible, during movement. (for example doing the way to shard, u can cast dispersion).
    That's not always true. Especially in 10 mans, healers will ask for a Hymn of Hope. He was likely casting it for a healer and not himself.

As far as crystals go, my guild has a rotation of 1->SP, 2->Warlock/Warlock, 3->SP for those. I personally "eat" all 25 stacks of the crystal, dispersing at 19s-25s.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    That's not always true. Especially in 10 mans, healers will ask for a Hymn of Hope. He was likely casting it for a healer and not himself.
    As an spriest in a 10man with a shaman's broken mana totem and a resto druid, I can tell you this happens pretty much every fight. QQ

Edit: Looking at this chart... http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...&s=7414&e=7786

If you have it only show the 3 main DoTs, they only dropped off because of Hymn near the end of the fight. I'd suggest refreshing them just before popping a hymn if you have the chance, but I know healers are usually "AMG, HYMN NOW OR EVERYONE DIES" rather than letting you know they need one soonish. If you can get them to help you out that way, you can usually not worry about DoTs falling off since Hymn's just 8 seconds.
    Last edited by Zuziza; 2011-07-09 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.