Alysrazor - And A pally tank D:

Hi , Im a Main tank for my guild and we have been having some problems with me and tanking Alysrazor ,

Armory Link here : Fatherfatcow - echo isle

I Am Not hit capped and im at 17 expertise , Is that something i should aim for and or get hit/expertise gear for this fight?

I am normally around 75-85k dps In our core 25 man group , and its not really working for us , Please help me as soon as possible so at least i can be in on the kill for next week <3

thanks for anyone to help

Ps
    Ive seen that the Number 1 world Parsed dps on this fight was a Pally tank , if yall know who that is , please have him contact me in some way

Deleted
    Prot pala in my guild has done 103k and 116k From the 2 kills so far.

Are you following the rotation? using grand crusader procs when they proc to give more holy power, using SotR as soon as you get 3 hp? Also are you popping wings aswel once you get the damage buff,

Generally our tanks dont seem to solo their ads, we have i think 6 dps on each side of the area for the talons. Generally we try to multi dot the hatchlings the entire time and everyone is fully dpsing it if theres no ad up.

Yes i do use GC Procs , wait for 3 shields , and Pop wings On every 3 Hp and while wings up i Pop Divine plea for the 3HP instanltly

Many tanks are wearing several pieces of DPS gear and using a talent build to maximize DPS. Trinkets like License to Slay and Heart of Rage are excellent for this fight as a tank.

The birds don't hit that hard if you clear the debuff and feed them when you're supposed to.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

We did this last night, using Str pots (cauldron and pop while in an off spec dps, eating a feast while in the spec works too) and swapping out trinkets helps, if the tanks are smart and clear the debuff on the birds, healing isn't an issue. Reforge to hit/exp for a little bit more damage.

Since dps can't really be counted since it changes without the adds, our tanks do roughly 16m-17m in 10 man, more with cooldowns pop'd, our pally tank is usually fine with his add.
    Last edited by SegenThePally; 2011-07-09 at 04:35 AM.

Deleted
    < #1 :P

I was using a fair bit of DPS gear (its my main spec) - Trinkets (hor + lts), the neck from nef, legs, wrist, relic, shoulders and popped a dps pot as soon as I got the debuff from the add.
    I trusted my healers for this, and had to not fail, the majority of deaths that I've had on that fight have been MY fault (hitting worm fire etc)

If you want to see how I did it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXxNqAgJXtE that is the kill where I got #1

Note I had 2 people dpsing my add at all times as did our other tank
    Last edited by mmoc1f58e7c58a; 2011-07-09 at 12:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit you sound really pro

-- deleted --
    Last edited by Zedthetank; 2011-07-09 at 05:31 PM.

Deleted
    Dont have this problem myself, on our guilds tries on 10m I was pulling just 85-90k while our feral tank was doing around 70k and we still managed to get the birds down. I'm in full tanking gear although I suppose it helps being a draenei with the +1% hit you get as a racial.

we have rogues tricking as much as possible. 5% more dmg when you're getting a 1000% dmg increase seems to be pretty nice. or tanks are doing around 130k

I run 1% hit, and 12 expertise for the fight so I understand.
    On Normal mode we had all melee deal with the casting adds and we'd put 2-3 ranged on hatchings start to finish. Essentially your DPS needs to help with the hatchings or you'll be in a bad spot during fire tornado's.

Quote Originally Posted by Inclusion View Post
    Essentially your DPS needs to help with the hatchings or you'll be in a bad spot during fire tornado's.
    Include me with Inclusion. Your DPS should be able to help out inbetween Initiates. You can gear up for DPS if you want, but it shouldn't be a requirement unless your raid DPS is really struggling with Initiates for some reason.

Just as an example, I wear one hit trinket, and the rest of my gear is full blown tank gear (372). I don't know how much of a difference the trinket makes, but I thinking playing well makes a bigger difference. I just looked at my last fight (25 man normal) and worldloflogs shows 104k DPS(e) (with 121k DPS).

My add dies right about when the transition starts, and I have a lot of DPS helping me.
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/hermes.aspx