The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

General new skill ideas

Hello everyone,

I do not think about the temporary situation when I ask you, what sorts of new skills could be implemented to the paladin class?

In my opinion, the whole aura system got almost useless. So why not this:

1. All Auras stay as passive abilities, but they all gain an effect that has to be activated. The use of this ability varies with your chosen skill tree.

--> Holy; Skill "Aura of Resistance": Using this skill creates a magic field like the DK's but moves with the paladin. In this field magic dmg is absorbed to a certain amount (have no fix numbers for this). Effect lasts for 20 seconds. CD is like 6 Minutes.

Devotion: Cast this aura skill on a target player. Target player's armor value is increased by 25% for 20 seconds. CD is like 2 minutes.

Didn't think of other auras yet...

--> Tank; "Aura of Resistance" (AoR). Will have an additional resistance effect to the paladin itself. As there is hardly any resistance gear in the game left, the paladin's aura effect will be increased by 60% of its base value.

Devotion: Activate; armor value is increased by 100%. With each hit or block, you lose 10%. E.g.; after 1 hit there is 90% increase left. Lasts for 20 seconds. CD 4 minutes.

--> Retribution; activate AoR: You slow (freeze), burn (1 time dmg) and poison (dot) targets in an area of 10 yards around you. CD 4 minutes.

Crusader aura; can only be activated while riding a ground mount: Charge an enemy, stunning him for 2 seconds and granting 5 stacks of censure. CD 2 minutes.

Just some spontaneous ideas... What's yours?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strossus View Post
    I do not think about the temporary situation when I ask you, what sorts of new skills could be implemented to the paladin class?
    Lots. The class should have a basic, functioning melee skillset for example as baseline. In essence, TV, DS and HotR should be baseline.

Seals and Auras need looking at again. Class needs a stance system. HP needs a secondary resource to bounce off. The class needs more finishers for all four roles (inc spell DPS). If Blizzard do want to make tanking more active and more DK-ish...that likely means getting rid of the passive block effect as well as ading other more active finishers that lead to mitigation/shielding/healing effects. One coudl argue LoD should be a baseline finisher as well, which would open up the top slot for a true AoE healing ability.

EJL