Thread: Moonkin pvp 4.2

Moonkin pvp 4.2

Hello there, ive been trying out moonkin pvp for the last couple of days in the random BG's and to my suprise this shizzle is amazing.
    im completely new this this entire moonkin thing, but god damn it feels good.

But to my questions:

1# how viable is moonkin in arena? 3s mostly

2# should i go for 3 set wyrmhide and 2 set kodohide for the extra resi?

3# what combos would a moonkin fit into, for arena? (3s)

Deleted
    1. not at all
    2. not possible anymore
    3. none to a very high level.

Keybind roots cyclone and moonfire to buttons. Everything else you cast will be interupted.
    have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Keybind roots cyclone and moonfire to buttons. Everything else you cast will be interupted.
    have fun
    Cyclone and roots get interupted too.

Use typhoon, but make sure you press it a few hundred times. It takes awhile for it to register and sometimes it'll look like it went off, but it didn't.

Keep your dots up on multiple targets, but you may need to keep spamming them on one target since they will be getting dispelled instantly leaving you to do no damage.

You could take Lunar shower to get to solar eclipse faster, but you're only going to get out of it if you cast sunfire more than once every 3 seconds and never move.

Very good in BGs, very bad in arenas. Very very vulnerable to lockdown from melee classes, there's mobility enough to escape in bgs and peel for others and multidotting lots in bgs gets lots of shooting star bursts.

Natures's grasp is very important.
    Roots / solar beam interaction and typhoon back into solar beam when someone tries to run out. Left to freecast a boomkin in eclipse can solo force healers to blow full cooldowns just to live.

Dont waste eclipse, make full use of your dots when enter eclipse(dont take lunar shower), hard cast for kill bursts only or else you're wasting eclipse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by molseh View Post
    1. not at all
    2. not possible anymore
    3. none to a very high level.
    Harsh and brutal, yet accurate unfortunatly. Though BGs can be fun, though I gather that's not your thing.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyheal View Post
    But to my questions:

1. very much
    2. no its not work anymore
    3. anything with anything its working wonderfull

on 600 rating

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyheal View Post
    Hello there, ive been trying out moonkin pvp for the last couple of days in the random BG's and to my suprise this shizzle is amazing.
    im completely new this this entire moonkin thing, but god damn it feels good.

But to my questions:

As ppl already said - moonkin is right now very weak in pvp. But if you want tro play it anyway ( as I do) here's some advice:

1. Moonkin is some kind of tank. It's always 1st target to nuke, and most of the teams forget about the whole world when they see moonkin ( ofc there are some reasons for it:P ). You can try to use it - stack max resi, and go defensive, while your party do the rest. Moonkin seems to be better on 5v5 and rly good player in rated BG

2. already answerd - impossible anymore, but our 4piece bonus is rly nice.

3. In 4.1 There was high rated combo affi lock, moonkin and resto shammy, dont know how does it work right now. It was a little gay, but fun. Just multi DoT and fear/ cyclone spam You can play as well with resto shammy and a rogue - this will improve you survival.