Deleted

new computer keeps popping up search window for both windows and firefox

so when my computer boots up, and i click something on my desktop (not the bottom bar of windows), windows explorer keeps popping up with an empty search window.

same with firefox 5.0. i can't actually visit any pages before i've entered something in that damn search bar, because it keeps moving my focus to the search window.

i have windows 7 home premium, firefox 5.0 with adblock plus 1.3.9, noscript 2.1.1.2, norton toolbar 2011.7.0.8. i don't think it's a virus, because this problem also happened the first time i booted him. back then, i thought it was a problem with my mouse, but i'm not so sure anymore.

any ideas?

edit: search indicates that it's partly due to my usb mouse, but that sounds strange.

Deleted
    This happened to me on my previous computer. It turned out to be a button on my keyboard being "stuck".

Deleted
    was the keyboard a logitech G110? i got this keyboard along with my computer, but it was not my original choice. i originally chose another keyboard, but there were some issues with the keyboard layout (long story short: i need a belgian AZERTY, keyboard i chose was QWERTY, replacement keyboard was french AZERTY). if this is true, that's some weird shit.

Deleted
    It wasn't a G110, but it was a Logitech.

If you got another keyboard plug that in and see if that does any difference.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-07-12 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    i found the key, and i'm surprised i didn't find it sooner.

you see, when i was playing WoW, my F3 key wouldn't work properly. guess what key is the default for opening search in both windows and firefox...

According to my thinking point of view that there is a basic problems in the newly made computer and as far as I am concern that this is the defect of the manufacturing side's problems. First of all if you way out of of your problems that you have to change your operating system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hennyhomes View Post
    According to my thinking point of view that there is a basic problems in the newly made computer and as far as I am concern that this is the defect of the manufacturing side's problems. First of all if you way out of of your problems that you have to change your operating system.
    let me guess: you want me to go to an open source system? i had to setup a mail server in ubuntu one time for a school assignment. trust me, after that, i will NEVER stop using Windows, even if it gets outlawed.

also, i don't see how a bug in my keyboard has anything to do with my OS...

edit: just noticed. you're one of those bloody signature advertisers...