Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Try out World of Warcraft, it seems to have quite a following

Sadly, there is no good MMO out there right now.
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

Dungeons & Dragons Online is the only MMO I'd recommend to anyone right now. It's truly unique, and really really good.

Quote Originally Posted by lancore89 View Post
    Sadly, there is no good MMO out there right now.
    Talk about one of the few with that much WoW experience who still believes that. This is a rare one indeed. Go try the Rift trial if you liked WoW, but hate Blizzard or go follow the Sheeple into SWToR and GW2

Play rift/wait for Tera and then play either one until GW2 comes out.

---------- Post added 2011-07-13 at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Check Lord of the Rings online too. Didn't play it by myself but whatever.
    Most people would prefer to play Runescape over LotR

Well i quited WoW some time ago and now im playing alot of MMO's, i just logeed in into mmorpg.com site, lined up the games by hype and started at top of the list, so many mmo's out there, most of them F2P, just download and try them, my latest one is Hellgate and having lot of fun killing piles of zombies and demons.

Im playing Eden Eternal, Hellgate, AoC, APB: Reloaded and the list goes on till the ones i want come out (Archeage, GW2 for example), you have so many to try and free to play, happy hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Talk about one of the few with that much WoW experience who still believes that. This is a rare one indeed. Go try the Rift trial if you liked WoW, but hate Blizzard or go follow the Sheeple into SWToR and GW2
    you should really think about going into the marketing business.

Off-T: are you by any chance the same PureMallace that was Trolling Aion forums for like a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post

Off-T: are you by any chance the same PureMallace that was Trolling Aion forums for like a year?
    Yes while I played it actively. You call it trolling and I call it constructive criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play NEStalgia =p
    It's not for everyone, but I clock a LOT of hours in it. lol
    It's pretty fun!
    "The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    Try out World of Warcraft, it seems to have quite a following
    believe he already did, and is looking for a new MMO

Rift is quite enjoyable, similar to WoW mechanics/gameplay, but a more serious tone and lots of design differences -- the rifts keep the open world active (and reasons to leave cities), and the looking for group tool is limited to the realm you play on, so you actually build relationships. There's also support classes, lots of class flexibility, deeper crafting, and honestly I think the dungeons are better than WoW dungeons. However, if you're sick of WoW the DIKU hotkey-MMO model still applies to Rift and its very similar. Trion is pumping out huge amounts of content (relative to other MMOs) at the level cap ... 3 raids, 2 world events so far via 3 major patches.

LOTRO is F2P, and almost everything to level 20ish is completely free. I like LOTRO but find its game mechanics a bit clunky. Good lore and graphics, great community. I play LOTRO from time to time, enjoy the attention to detail and the trait system is a clever way of getting players to do things in the world ... its an achievement system that actually makes your character better. It is a very grindy game though, especially to get to cap and to get all the traits you need.

Lots of people will say "wait for SW:TOR" or "wait for GW2"... these are games that will come late fall or early 2012 -- and neither have had open betas yet. No idea whether they'll be good or not -- remember the hype around Aion, and Warhammer:Online. I'll be trying guildwars 2, but I don't think you should avoid Rift to wait for a game that will come in 4-6 months and *might* be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Check Lord of the Rings online too. Didn't play it by myself but whatever.
    I tried it and it was the worst kind of WoW clone.
    It did everything exactly like WoW, only slightly to seriously worse.

I got the solution for ya, play Age of Conan.

Its free to play all the way
    The combat is by far the best and most fun out there
    The starting quest area is alot of fun
    Amazing graphics
    Quite an interesting story line as well

Deleted
    Some more information would help if you want a recommendation, since ya know, people are different :P
    I guess you did used to play WoW ages ago from your post? Why not try going back to that? What made you quit? What's putting you off coming back to WoW? etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd try RIFT if you're looking for something new to get into. It is, essentially, a wow clone. Don't expect it to play any different or have any new massive major features that wow dosen't have. It does have a few new things, but nothing amazing. Fun nonetheless, but not majorly different from wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post

He's also the same guy who trolls massively.com comments section I think, we got a supa-star

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbaprime View Post
    He's also the same guy who trolls massively.com comments section I think, we got a supa-star
    I am not a fan of massively too much. They run the site like mmorpg does and allow trolls to trash articles. I check it maybe once every 2 days if that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    You call it trolling and I call it constructive criticism.
    hehe ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    hehe ^^

Anyways OP I would try Rift if you are into the WoW/EQ style genre. Go Eve if you want sandbox with a new style

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Dungeons & Dragons Online is the only MMO I'd recommend to anyone right now. It's truly unique, and really really good.
    Since DDO was mentioned a few other times, I can´t ´second´this... but yeah.. DDO is a lot of fun and you can play a long time for free. Dungeons are set up where you can either solo them on one setting, or group to do the same dungeon like WOW. The dungeons themselves are much more interesting than WOW in that most of them have traps and ambushes and stuff like that and a few of them have some pretty interesting puzzles. Many of the dungeons have objectives to them that are more than just ´kill the last boss´.

I play WOW also, but the thing I like about DDO is you can do dungeons solo. It feels kinda like WOW when you try to go back to solo old content.. but the rewards are useful. DDO gives a lot of content for free, but as you do that content, you earn points, which you can use to buy some of the other content. I have been playing a lot of hours the last few months, and I am nowhere near out of ´free´ content and have already bought 2 of the adventure packs with the points i earned from free content.