Thread: 1,8 as OH?

Deleted

1,8 as OH?

So my current situation as Assassination is, i got 2x 391 - 1,8 daggers from Shannox hc, is it worth using both or better to stick with my 1,4 - 372 from Cho'Gall as OH ( no luck from Alysrazor for the FL oh so far).
    Whilst i know that the optimal is slow-fast i think i've read somewhere that the golden rule is that if the weapon outweight the 1,4 by 2 tiers (which is the current case) it may be worth using.
    Anyone can confirm or deny that?

Test it. With shadowcraft or ingame, try and see what gives you more dps.

Anyway, if i have to give an opinion, OH dps EP is not so valuable like MH dps, for me is near haste/mastery as weight. Probably using a fast OH would be better even if you have the 391 dagger.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Use the 1.4 from cho'gall, the poison loss from using a slow-off hand is practically never worth it. With my gear setup 346 daggers with 1.4 speed are superior than any dagger with 1.8

Deleted
    Beefsupreme is correct. For offhands for mutilate it is the speed that matters. For main hand it is not as much of a deal, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stick with the 1.4 OH. Your gain to Mut will be outweighed by the loss in DP applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

Not always true. If you count the jump from 346 to 391 maybe the huge difference in ilvl (with more stats and everything else) will make the 391 better.

This is not the case, since he has a 372, but just to say that there is never a standard answer, calculations are better every time.

Deleted
    Correct, Coldkil. But no raider that has access to 391 weapons will ever have to compare it to a 346.

Quote Originally Posted by Thylette View Post
    Correct, Coldkil. But no raider that has access to 391 weapons will ever have to compare it to a 346.
    Ye, you also are correct

As people have stated weapon speed > dps. For shadowcraft numbers in my gear I'm getting a 399 dps loss going from Uhn'agh to Feeding Frenzy. Surprisingly though it would be a 19 dps upgrade if you were Sub. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrik View Post
    As people have stated weapon speed > dps. For shadowcraft numbers in my gear I'm getting a 399 dps loss going from Uhn'agh to Feeding Frenzy. Surprisingly though it would be a 19 dps upgrade if you were Sub. :P
    Because sub doesn't give a crap about poisons. No hit = less oh hits = less poison procs which in any case would do low dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Because sub doesn't give a crap about poisons. No hit = less oh hits = less poison procs which in any case would do low dmg.
    Yeah I know, but they care somewhat otherwise the agi gain going from a 372 to 391 would give more than 19 dps :P

Deleted
    simple answer ->no.

physical dmg is not the most of your dmg as ass + offhand dmg < mh dmg. 1.8= less poison refresh or stacking

Deleted
    Not worth it. MH = The bigger dps the better; OH = the faster the better.