10+ Year Old Account

Taking my rogue to the max!

Hi MMO rogue community,

So I've been craving to play my rogue again after pretty much neglecting him since BC.

My rogue: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bakatya/simple

I just have a few questions... I love combat spec! and have always played combat.

Is combat still a main pve spec in endgame and just pve in general?

And is pve still a reliable pvp spec? or no way even close?

Thank you for your time in responding, I'm sure these are questions that are asked regularly.

Cheers.

Deleted
    Assa until you get gear, combat works fine once you do.

Sub for pvp.

Deleted
    I personally enjoy Sub PvE myself, and prefer Combat PvP... but that's probably just me.

Also i don't care about min/maxing since you should play what you enjoy no matter what.

But yes, if you aim for max performance, stay Assa untill you get decent gear before going Combat (355+ or something, with both weapons 359 or higher).

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post

Sub for pvp.
    Thats kinda odd, Ive always had and gone with the impression that you spec for the best weapons you have also factoring in if both sets are close spec for the play style you enjoy above all else. PS Sub can push out GREAT numbers but the rotation is more complex then mutilate and combat.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Souichirou View Post
    Thats kinda odd, Ive always had and gone with the impression that you spec for the best weapons you have also factoring in if both sets are close spec for the play style you enjoy above all else. PS Sub can push out GREAT numbers but the rotation is more complex then mutilate and combat.

Hope that helps.
    The problem is not the numbers but the movility, Subtlety is the way to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post

Sub for pvp.
    Right, right.

Wroooooooooong. While it is correct that Mutilate generally works out better at lower gear levels (it has a much higher "base DPS" so to say), Sub is not excusively for PvP. Should you be able to play it well, in heroic firelands gear it will outperform Mutilate and Combat for fights that do not benefit from cleave, or Ragnaros.

@Souichirou while this is generally right assuming equal weapons Mutilate will outperform Combat at lower gear levels.

PvP wise, go sub. it has damage, burst, a lot of control and mobility plus survivability.

PvE wise, go for whatever you prefer. Every spec is viable (even sub), but a general rule of thumb is aoe = assa, cleave = combat. Sustained damage is pretty much equal, combat has more burst and no dot reliance.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Combat is restricted by a poor Redirect system and Combat's Guile though. It does have some nice burst though, however most of it is tied to most of its ST DPS.