Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What happens if u use a "strange" cd-key?

Hello, I have a friend who saw a cd key from a wow classic account and he used it on a trial account.
    I have the cd-key (vanilla) and I was thinking to recover that cd key because it's mine, but what will my friend do?
    he played wow and he made some characters, will his account get banned or smt?
    anyone ever experienced this? (used a stolen cd key and then he was discovered)?
    can you tell me from your experience?

have your friend give you 10$ for the cdkey... problem solved.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Deleted
    it's a friend that I don't wish to meet
    the question is, will he be able to buy another cd-key to use it after prove that the cd-key was mine and I recive my cd-key? or he will still have a cd key and i will recive another one?
    for exemple, a long time ago some dude stole 5 rare items from me (he told me he buy them for 100 g and then he changed the amount from 1 to 100 and I traded) a gm gave me back the items but did he take the items from that guy or he just created new items for me and let him had those items?
    mb i should ask a gm about this...

Yeea, cd-keys don't really have anything to do with in game trading of rare items for 100g.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt Blizzard will do anything in this situation. The CD key has been used up, and I doubt you can prove to them that he stole it from you. It's always worth a try, of course, but don't expect to get your CD key back. :/

How did this "friend" "take" your unused CD key anyways? I'm just curious about this, since your story doesn't make sense without that information... Did he come to your house, and see the CD key? Did you actually whisper the actual CD key to him? Just curious...
    Last edited by Idras; 2011-07-12 at 08:07 AM.

If he is your friend in game or what ever your prob best to leave it alone and let him play. The CD Key for an account that is live is related to the login name on the account. IE the one your friend uses to log into the game. IF you prove to Blizzard that this is in fact your key they are going to pass you the account details and change the email and user info resulting in your friend losing all of his characters and items. I hope you didn't tell someone your CD Key over a chat program as some people are purely out to scam. A CD key determines if the account is live or trial as well. Did you use the exact same cd key to activate your account? Did your friend have to buy a full copy of wow at any point? <my guess is no ofc not he used my key> all of this matters in determining ur situation.
    Last edited by Kritheo; 2011-07-12 at 08:22 AM. Reason: misquoted op.fixed.

Deleted
    well, i had 2 boxes of wow, wow clasic , but i liked the wow batlechest and i bought that too
    so i had some spare cd keys
    a friend needed one and i gave it to him
    now i think i want it back :P
    anyway, the real question was ... if anybody experienced this kind of problems and how did the game master reacted
    let s just say that i am thinking at a secret that might work... but haven't found anything yet

Quote Originally Posted by RC-ST. View Post
    well, i had 2 boxes of wow, wow clasic , but i liked the wow batlechest and i bought that too
    anyway, the real question was ... if anybody experienced this kind of problems and how did the game master reacted
    let s just say that i am thinking at a secret that might work... but haven't found anything yet
    So in otherwords, you regret being nice to a friend and want to pull a dick move. Gotcha

goodluck with that one, cause as long as he has the kay activated on his account with his name, blizz is just gonna tell too bad nothing they can do about it

HAHA lmao some friend you are.

First of all, Shift and Caps are definately not your friends. 2nd. You just said you gave it to him. It wasn't stolen. You have no reason to take it back, Blizzard won't help you. Go buy another battlechest if you like it so much.
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

10+ Year Old Account
    so you give it to him...now you want it back?
    good luck with that hunch in your back...

Deleted
    In other words:

OP sold his wow account, now he wants it back.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    So in otherwords, you regret being nice to a friend and want to pull a dick move. Gotcha
    Lol spot on

You can't un-gift someone, that's totally against gift-law.

perhaps mbe u shud lrn beter englitch then not fukc your freirnd over kay?

I would imagine that the CD key counts as a real world item, much like a train ticket. If it gets stolen from you and used by anther person, the company is not required to give you a replacement, because they have provided the service the ticket provides. Instead they would refer you to the police, since it is theft which is a real world criminal matter.

OP is one classy guy.

Lol your a piece of crap....Your not able to get it back