10+ Year Old Account

resto shaman strats for 3v3

Now I looked through the forums and checked, but there wasn't any posts quite like this that I could find. I apologize if this belongs in the shaman forums, but this is for pvp resto shaman so I hope posting it here is ok.

I played a holy pally on the tournament realm that went down earlier this month and my team ended up getting to 1800. It was a challenge but we made it. Now the three of us want to do the same thing on live, but my pally is horribly geared yet my shaman has pretty decent pvp gear. I wanted to know what strats, stat recommendations, anything you all can tell me about playing a resto shaman in 3v3. I've tried to do it on my own, but I can't find much info and I don't feel like I am playing to my full potential like I did with the holy pally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    Now I looked through the forums and checked, but there wasn't any posts quite like this that I could find. I apologize if this belongs in the shaman forums, but this is for pvp resto shaman so I hope posting it here is ok.

I played a holy pally on the tournament realm that went down earlier this month and my team ended up getting to 1800. It was a challenge but we made it. Now the three of us want to do the same thing on live, but my pally is horribly geared yet my shaman has pretty decent pvp gear. I wanted to know what strats, stat recommendations, anything you all can tell me about playing a resto shaman in 3v3. I've tried to do it on my own, but I can't find much info and I don't feel like I am playing to my full potential like I did with the holy pally.
    Earth Shield and Riptide on their nuke target and spirit link totem down when things look messy.
    Run around pillars in ghost wolf and lol-interrupt the healer with your immensly overpowered interrupt.

Those strats alone should easily get you to 2,2k. Guess you will have to learn stuff about other classes
    and what they can do if you want to get higher then that.

Good Luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the advise. Do resto shaman need to worry about hit rating at all? I've seen some people say we do and others say we don't, so I kinda want to know what we need. Do I need to go the normal 5% hit rating or would less be ok? What is my most important secondary stat as well? (for pve its haste to soft cap then mastery/crit, but is it the same for pvp?)

Deleted
    Minimum 4% spell hit and 195+ spell penetration. Resilience > Intellegence > Crit/Haste