15+ Year Old Account

Class Achievements

Who else thinks there should be class achievements?

I think it would be really awesome. Examples would be:

Gotta Catch 'Em All (Hunter)

Tame all the rare beasts below
    or

I Got Soul (Warlock)

Drain the soul of all these people
    Now, these are just examples. The only problem would be that some classes would be harder to do then others, but it still would be awesome. Some of the achievements could be insanely hard, something that the person would have to do solo (like the hunter quest in vanilla, where you had to kill that mob by yourself), and for doing all the achievements you could get some sort of title, representing your class. Like the titles they were going to give out for realm first of 80.

I don't see Blizz adding something like this, just because people will complain that they cannot get all the achievements. Maybe they could be added as guild achievements, but I don't see them being added as actual, character based achievements.

Of course, somebody could create an addon that would have achievements like this, but I don't see it getting added to Blizzard's achievements.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

I'd like to see them added personally.

Class Achievements would be difficult to balance. Your examples are far to extreme, taming all the rare pets will be insanely long, boring and much harder then the Warlock equivalent, however these arn't the only options of course.

People are obviously going to complain that [insert their class] has much harder achievements then [insert utterly random class]. Awarding achievements points for them, might not be the best choice, put personally Achievement Points don't mean much, they don't make your job easier (PvP, PvE) they're purely optional added fun, and I think they should be added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornar View Post
    I'd like to see them added personally.

Class Achievements would be difficult to balance. Your examples are far to extreme, taming all the rare pets will be insanely long, boring and much harder then the Warlock equivalent, however these arn't the only options of course.

People are obviously going to complain that [insert their class] has much harder achievements then [insert utterly random class]. Awarding achievements points for them, might not be the best choice, put personally Achievement Points don't mean much, they don't make your job easier (PvP, PvE) they're purely optional added fun, and I think they should be added.
    I see it working, as long as the achievements have a written-in-stone reward of:

10 achi points.
    Tabard with class-specific icon.
    (MAYBE a title, if the achievements were hard enough to warrant it)

I'd love class achis^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I reckon it would b good... give me something else to do than jumping around org
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

I think this idea has merit, but they'd have to be balanced evenly.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they create equal achievements for every class, make them all award the same type of points, and make ones that are kinda similar like "CC these classes listed below," or other things I know people would complain either way. But there would need to be different achievements for different classes. But some that are similar would most likely help to keep things quiet. But for hunter here is one that would be pretty easy, "Tame one of each type of pet: Cat, Monkey, Turtle, Corehound, etc." That would be an easy feat for each hunter to get. But that is just my two cents. And some awesome druid achieve's would be nice.

I think it'd be a great idea to give classes individual achievements, and it'd be a fantastic use of the "Realm's first 80 x" titles already ingame. They could award these titles after completing a giant meta, and let that be the only reward. (So it's balanced)

I've posted an Offical Thread on the WoW EU Forums - Bump / Post there also to show support, or form an American Forums version.

EU: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2393922307#1

I have thought about this for a while and think it would be pretty damn fun. Throw in another tab on the achievement panel for class specific achievements. For getting enough of achievements you will get titles specific to your class. I would love my rogue to be "Bartoch the shadow" or my paladin to be "The righteous" (that one sounds like it might exist though)

"Cast hands of... spells on X amount of allied players" Reward: Title: "The protector"

I would love if they added class achievements. I'd want there to be a lot though that weren't just stupidly easy. Maybe they could even reward the old realm first 80 titles once you finished. http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/08/30/new-titles-for-wrath/

Personally, while I think this could be neat to add, I'd rather see them convert to an account-wide achievement system first.

i like the Warlock drainsoul idea

drain the soul of Arthas on 25H O.o

jk thats easy lol....(or is it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dotspwn View Post
    i like the Warlock drainsoul idea

drain the soul of Arthas on 25H O.o

jk thats easy lol....(or is it?)
    It would be tough...considering Arthas's Soul is inside Frostmourne

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    I see it working, as long as the achievements have a written-in-stone reward of:

10 achi points.
    Tabard with class-specific icon.
    (MAYBE a title, if the achievements were hard enough to warrant it)

I'd love class achis^^

The Class titles that were to be rewarded for the class first 80 in wotlk would be nice.

Doing Photoshop requests.