Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Sorry, but Thrall did nothing? Without him, wouldn't Azeroth be destroyed already?
    No. Only the gullible believe that nonsense.

Sorry, but Thrall did nothing? Without him, wouldn't Azeroth be destroyed already?
    There are alot of characters azeroth would be destroyed without.

Without each major lore figure the world would somehow be destroyed. Doesn't mean you see them paraded endlessly in trailers for Patches they do very little in. Thrall is being FORCED into the spotlight of things he has little relevance in. Malfurion should've been the character in the trailer, not Thrall. The Shattering was already Thrall filled. 4.0-4.1 was pretty Thrall obsessed.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Thrall was integral to the 4.2 trailer..because he communes with the elemental spirits. Last I checked, Stormrage doesn't.

Also, go read the WotA books if you want more Malfurion...

[QUOTE=Lightstorm;12330221]
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    Who's Cristie Golden and why should we care?

She writes warcraft novels, some of the better ones infact.

OT: Just be glad we wont be hearing from Knaak for awhile.
    right because butchering one of the greatest warcraft villains in this game (The original Lich King Ner'zhul) surely deserves the the credit for ''some of the better novels''. Pls go

This is a Metzen expansion.

It's the epic story about Chris Metzen Shaman learning about love and power, with the help of Chris Metzen Druid keeping an eye on the battlefront.
    Chris Metzen Fire-Lord is busy ravaging the landscape with the help of Chris Metzen the Dragon.

It's his pet project, and it just so happens 10 million people are living his fantasy.

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 03:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    Thrall was integral to the 4.2 trailer..because he communes with the elemental spirits. Last I checked, Stormrage doesn't.

Also, go read the WotA books if you want more Malfurion...
    But you're using the Lore excuse for a decision made by Blizzard.

What would WoW be if they didn't follow lore? They have to follow it...or it wouldn't be Warcraft.

Knaak actually manages to make WoW AND dragons boring... so yeah, Christie's one of the better ones... since there's... what? Two?

Honestly, I don't know who read Knaak's older work, and decided he was the guy. And then essentially let him shoehorn the same basic cliches and boring characters from his Dragonrealm books into WoW (dragon overlords going crazy, ridiculously overpowered mage who can do anything with zero training, and piles and piles of boredom...)

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah... Varian is going to get Knaaked =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Twilight of the Aspects is actually a really damn good read.

Also, this is Thralls expansion, so deal with it :P

Deleted
    Sigh.
    Thrall is not affiliated with the Horde in any way, he's a simple shaman of the Earthern ring, that's all. I don't see why this is a problem.

Anduin Wrynn is gonna come out of that book more powerful than any other character in lore. Hopefully Varian dies...

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, the next patch will be "Thrall, Wrath of the Divorce Application"

Quote Originally Posted by Magivante View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, Thrall has done absolutely nothing. Staring into the Maelstrom =/= keeping it from "collapsing". Not to mention I was the one recovering the pieces of the World Pillar while he was doing... what was it? Oh yes! Nothing! And who the hell likes Malfurion? He's a self-righteous windbag who turned Illidan against us because he has a stick up his ass. We actually have enough of those running around.
    Maybe you should go play Warcraft III.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrow View Post
    Thrall is the lapdog of chris metzen. He is not going away so get used to him.
    Thrall IS Chris Metzen :P

In all seriousness, I really enjoyed the Thrall character from Warcraft 3. Even in WoW, while people scoffed that he's too much of a goody two shoes, I felt his spiritual influence on the Horde and Garrosh was great.

But of late, you're right - Thrall is too much of a Gary Stu. He's a green Rhonin.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

15+ Year Old Account
    So much anger towards the whole Metzen=Thrall thing.. Come on... Everyone should know by now that Warcraft is Thralls story. Not because he's Metzens pet but because that's how it was planned. With Thrall it's best to not look at it as a game of favorites and more like a comic series called Thrall:Warcraft He's the hero plain and simple.

um i almost agree. imo its not to much thrall but not enough of the rest. i love epic questlines so it would be nice to have more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    So much anger towards the whole Metzen=Thrall thing.. Come on... Everyone should know by now that Warcraft is Thralls story. Not because he's Metzens pet but because that's how it was planned. With Thrall it's best to not look at it as a game of favorites and more like a comic series called Thrall:Warcraft He's the hero plain and simple.
    What? how is it Thralls story?

Warcraft 3 was the story of Arthas / Malfurion / Illidan as much as it was Thrall. There's really not enough lore on the other characters. Not that there's too much Thrall, just too little of everyone else.

I'm pretty sure they did focus on Malfurion... Hence the book Stormrage by Knaak, you may all hate the fact Knaak did it but to answer your questions they did focus on Malfurion.

Cataclysm is supposed to be about the Elements so the ties to Shamans are much greater than those of Druids... And that's why we have a new book about Thrall.

But yes I think Thrall is a bit overdone, but unfortunately so was Arthas.

Think they should bring in some new heroes imo

Deleted
    You've all got it wrong, in the end, Deathwing wins, and everyone dies, everyone from Thrall down to the kid selling train sets in the canals.