Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think the number of world-first kills that didnt have some sort of weird stacking or left some classes out can be counted on one hand. Often they take wichever members they got and just go. I remember a massive spriest stack in a totc fight. Or Shaman stack when Heroism/bloodlust was a group buff.
    Im just pleasently surprised that Dark Sim actually has some uses now, either then being a virtual wasted slot in my spellbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    i'm sorry, but what evidence do you have off this? and FYI, when doing ragnaros on tuesday, DG didn't work on the adds anymore, believe it has been fixed.
    If you're DW and are at 8% melee hit, then it was probably a resist/miss as you're not spell hit capped.

DG was working on heroic rag 10 as of last night. Dark sim will copy hand of rag, but it is so incredibly not important. It hits for 40-45k, and since it takes 20rp to cast, its basically like a cheap frost strike that won't proc runes or use KM procs.

Yup, its a game changer...

Quote Originally Posted by Murava View Post
    DG was working on heroic rag 10 as of last night. Dark sim will copy hand of rag, but it is so incredibly not important. It hits for 40-45k, and since it takes 20rp to cast, its basically like a cheap frost strike that won't proc runes or use KM procs.

Yup, its a game changer...
    Um, the point of copying Hand of Rag is to use it to knock back the Sons of Flame.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewelder View Post
    Um, the point of copying Hand of Rag is to use it to knock back the Sons of Flame.
    damn beat me to it.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    hand of rag shouldn't be spell stealable. get it in your thick head seriously. why do you think they gave trash in FL nets? to stop you from soloing, doing an unintended action. why did they hotfix thorns on alysrazor ? to stop it from doing 20% of the dmg a tank needs on the birds. things happen for a reason. they just missed that like other things that are missed. And on alysrazor u can still spam click 1 feather and gain 3 stacks off just 1 feather.
    I still solo trash...so not sure what you are talking about, but yeah you sound pretty mad brah

Which obviously helps, but nowhere game-changer unless I'm missing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    not game changing but still incredibly useful if played right. the point is that it is doable and helpful not game changing
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.

It's not game-changing. Just helpful.

See one son getting close to the hammer, oh shit! Dark Sim Hand of Rag it
    See another son getting close to the hammer, oh shit! Death grip it

EDIt: Avatar beat me to it. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    not game changing but still incredibly useful if played right. the point is that it is doable and helpful not game changing
    Aye. Sadly, it's really hard to pull off to my understanding.

a. Hand of Ragnaros can only be copied the first time.
    b. There's a fair chance your DS simply won't last long enough to let you cast it on the Sons of whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    Yep that looks to be why paragon had 3 DK alts in the raid for the kill. its pretty sad
    If you were in a World-class guild, vying for the first kill in the world on a boss that is very difficult, I doubt you wouldn't stack classes to take advantage of a mechainic.

b. There's a fair chance your DS simply won't last long enough to let you cast it on the Sons of whatever.
    You can copy it multiple times as long as your Dark Sim is off cooldown. However as you stated you only have 20 seconds window to use it. Not worth the trouble to try to perfect it when Sons is not a difficult mechanic on normal or heroic.

Dark Sim for Hand of Rag still works. Though it is difficult to grab the closest one to 70% and hold it long enough to use on the adds. A lot of it depends on your dps and how quickly you can push to 70%. Even if you can't hold it long enough for the adds it's still worth the RP to steal it, I saw a 60k crit.

Death Grip still works. As of last night nothing had been hot fixed that I could see regarding either of those spells.

It's just an added bonus if there's a Hand of Rag at around 71%. It's not essential, but you can knockback the first four adds at least and ~40k damage should slow them a wee bit, albeit not much.

It's certainly not gamebreaking and it's easily doable without Hand of Rag. Like I say, it's just an added bonus.

HOW just HOW is 4 dks in a 25 man considered class stacking ? And btw even Paragon themselves said that Dark Sim isn't usable ANYWHERE in Ragnaros .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    ...even Paragon themselves said that Dark Sim isn't usable ANYWHERE in Ragnaros .
    but that statement would be incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    but that statement would be incorrect.
    Incorrect for Regular mode, but we don't know if it still works in Heroic mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Larcissa View Post
    "Dark simulacrum didn't work on anything on the encounter."

QUOTED from Xenophics from Paragon, http://www.paragon.fi/news/so-boss-dead-what-now?page=1

I
    think the DKs were there just for DG and pet stun probably
    They were all DW Frost for the kill btw.

Incorrect for Regular mode, but we don't know if it still works in Heroic mode.
    You can dark sim the knockback he casts in p1 in both normal and heroic. Did it last night.
    Does it work on sons of flame by knocking them back? No idea. We never had an attempt where he casted it just before being pushed into first transition. It only is a little extra damage on rag in p1, which isn't really an intense dps phase anyway. considering for the second set, we won't have this ability anyway, you can't rely on it.

The frost dks are there to do massive aoe damage in a very short time on the molten elementals. This is one of the harder parts of the fight, dealing with molten power on the spawns from the seeds.

Deleted
    Blizzard is usually hotfixing fights WHILE any guild is attempting a previously unkilled boss. They would've noticed if Paragon were abusing anything.

If they chose to leave it in, then they accept that people can use it.