Deleted

Can you put in the monitor in the motherboard?

Hey, was just wondering if you can put in your monitor into the motherboard instead of the Graphics card if it doesn't have any VGA input but the Mobo does.

What is this, i don't even...

If it doesn't have any VGA output, get this thing

If you want, you can connect the monitor to the motherboard, but it will work with the integrated GPU which is probably incredibly slow and isn't built for gaming.

Yes, you can plug your monitor into the VGA output on the back of your PC if you want, but this has some severe limitations.

Your CPU and system RAM will be all thats available to render visuals, save for any on-board graphics or media accelerators you may have on the motherboard.

You will be able to run Windows, albeit not with all it's visual effects, and probably at reduced resolution.

There are many, many inexpensive graphics cards out there. I would highly recommend obtaining one if at all possible.

Yes, but then you can just as well unplug the graphics card as it will do nothing except suck electricity. On Z68 board it will do something, but will lose 10-50% of framerate compared to monitor being plugged into the graphics card directly.

If the graphics card has DVI port with all pins present, it can also output VGA video and you can use simple DVI-VGA adapter brick in the middle (linked by haxartus above). If the DVI port is clearly missing pins it can not do VGA.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    you wont be using the external graphics card then, dont use internal cards they are very bad. just get a DVI-to-VGA converter.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    If it doesn't have any VGA output, get this thing

You can connect the monitor to the motherboard if it has such output, but it will work with the integrated GPU which is probably incredibly slow and isn't built for gaming.
    This is also true.
    If you meant that your Graphics card ONLY has DVI (The bigger one in the picture) and your monitor is capable of VGA only, then yes, this adapter wills olve your problems.

Deleted
    Okay, then I guess I'll get a GFX card with VGA input.

EDIT: Found the exact same graphics card but with a VGA input. http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=612849#extra
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2011-07-24 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    not 100% sure, but I think that'd make your GPU useless.. as you'd be using mobo's built in gpu to my understanding

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    Okay, then I guess I'll get a GFX card with VGA output.
    No need to get a new gfx card, get one of te adapters mentioned above and use the dvi your gfx card has.

All of the graphics cards that I've bought in the last few years came with one of these adapters in the box. Buy whatever graphics card you want and don't worry about the VGA port.

Deleted
    I havn't bought the computer yet, just asking before I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Most new GFX cards will only have either HDMI or DVI input sockets, so if you need VGA use the adapters mentioned above. I use 1x DVI cable for my main monitor and an adaptor for my second monitor because my playstation is using that monitors DVI input for it's HDMI :P (i aint got a TV)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    All of the graphics cards that I've bought in the last few years came with one of these adapters in the box. Buy whatever graphics card you want and don't worry about the VGA port.
    Mine had two in the box since there were two DVI outputs.

If you're buying a prebuild configuration, then you might need to get the adapter. If you're buying the parts separately, it will come with the graphics card in the same box along with adapters for the PSU, a disk with drives and etc.

Deleted
    OKay, my question is answered and I found the exact same Graphics card for the same price with a VGA adapter coming with it.

Get this thing if you want to be sure
    http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=106841
    the DVI port looks weird but I guess it only has the analogue pins.
    If you're buying the graphics card separately, you don't need this since it has one in the box.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-07-24 at 09:27 AM.

OKay, my question is answered and I found the exact same Graphics card for the same price with a VGA adapter coming with it.
    That's not a VGA input that's a DVI.

Deleted
    You probably should have said that you're GETTing a gfx card, everybody thought that your current one was the one in question.