(JC) Am I doing it right?

Hey guys, I'm having trouble mAking gold with JC and can't seem to make past 1k a day. What I do is buy stacks of elementium ore and prospect them then sell all the green gems uncut and cut the blue gems only if I have recipe. Is this the best way to make gold with JC? I see all these people selling cool mounts and that but can never dream of the day I can afford them.

What is your other profession? You should get Enchanting, so you can make the Carnelians into Carnelian Spikes, DE them, and sell the Greater Celestial Essences. Also, cut the Jaspers into the rings, DE them, and sell the enchanting mats. Or you can create Enchants and put them up on the AH. Depends on the market. You should also get a Transmutation Alchemist, so you can transmute some of those uncommon gems into rares. Keep an eye on the AH, babysit your auctions, check which recipes are being sold the highest, buy the raw mats, craft one or two, put them up. Keep checking and reposting if people undercut or when it sells.

JC (alongside enchanting and alchemy) can be very profitable, but you need to babysit your auctions.

Thanks for your reply. My other character has maxed out alchemy so I can try using them in combination. Would it also be wise to spend my 11k gold to max out enchanting?

you need an alchemist for transmutes. turn those green quality gems into much more valuable metas and blue quality gems.

oh i hear level 70 twinks like to stuff thier gear with epic wrath gems too. nice market if you can corner it
    somebody call for d doctor?

There is problems with the price of gems on my server. Rare blue gems sell for 4g each but rare red gems sell for 125+ gold. The prices for all gems besides red, orange and purple are all under 15g

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hence why you should only bother to transmute the carnelians -> Inferno Ruby. Use the other green gems to make rings/necks for DE, vendor zephyrite because they are pretty darn useless - altho they might sell when the JC daily is the one requiring 3 solid zephyrite cuts.

Edit: Don't sell the blue gems raw, keep doing JC dailys for tokens and get those JC recipes and sell cut gems.

Alright thanks. When I get home I will powerlevel Enchanting and do what you guys suggested.