help me build a new system

Okay so my current system is aproaching 6 years old, and just isnt cutting it anymore. Im trying to spend under $600 to just get a system that functions initialy but is easy to upgrade and add too. With initial build i would like to be able to play WoW at the very least middle of the road settings as now the only thing that i can change off of low settings is turning on projected textures, otherwise my frame rate drops from 19 to 3.

Current equiptment is as follows
    Amd 2.0ghz single core socket 939 (yes 939, i told you it was old)
    2gb ddr2 memory
    Asus micro atx mb A8-MX i think is the number
    Geforce fx5900 graphics card, running a 20" acer widescreen throuh dvi and a 17" samsung standard ratio lcd.

Plans are to build myself using only my current periferals and monitors.

Windows 7 64 bit will be the operating system
    Processor will be AMD Pheonom II x6 model #HDT90ZFBGRBOX
    Please recomend an AMD socket AM3 mobo. But nothing micro atx pleaseMemory
    Hard drive (open to solid state if its afordable )
    Graphics (not required if mobo onboard graphics will be of decent quality)
    And last but not least a power supply that will be able to handle having dual graphics cards added at a later time.

Again the goal is just to be up and running with a stable platform that is easy to add the big bells and wistles to at a later time.

---------- Post added 2011-07-24 at 05:45 PM ----------

Sorry about wall of text. I posted this from my phone and now it wont let me edit the thing
    Last edited by Sevencharlie; 2011-07-26 at 04:53 AM. Reason: K hopefully fised wall of text now

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there Seven, If you are looking for a good $600 build I would recommend one of fuzzys builds from the stickies. It will run wow on ultra without shadows on. I would go with the I3 build as the intel processors are going to be better then the AMD. Now if you add in a Windows 7 64 bit OS it will just break the $600 mark. As far as upgradability, the motherboard does have the 1155 socket which means you will be able to upgrade the processor to the newer Ivy Bridge ones when you feel you need to or even get the I5 2500k ($219) sandy bridge which is great for gaming as well. The mother board in this build is not made for overclocking or for SLI or Crossfire. I would recommend this board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130582 as it is priced low ($120 -$100 after MIR ) and would still have all the features for the future things you would like to do. You would also need to get a better power supply as well, the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139020 Corsair model here would be a good amount of power for running two middle of the road graphics cards and maybe a bit higher. By changing those two things you would be able to add an additional video card and upgrade the processor (with the ability to overclock ) later on. With those two changes alone that would take the cost of the system to about $710 or so with the operation system included and of course about $610 without.

If you have any questions please ask. Hopefully this gave you a good solution to what you were looking for. Please keep in mind a budget system can be cheap but at the cost of not being able to upgrade some things. So a few changes and you will be good to go. Let me know if you have any questions

$500 Build
    Case: Thermaltake V3 Black $39.99
    Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts EA-380D 380W $44.99
    Motherboard: AsRock H61M-VS $59.99
    Processor: Intel Core i3 2100 $124.99
    CPU Cooler: Stock - Free
    RAM: G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) $34.99
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB $44.99
    Optical Disc Drive: Sony Optiarc SATA DVD/CD Burner $19.99
    Graphics Card: Galaxy GTS 450 $124.99
    Total: 519.92 USD
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?